Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Docker traefik help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Docker traefik help

chipchip Member

Can anyone point me to a really simple guide to getting traefik going?

I followed this https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-traefik-v2-as-a-reverse-proxy-for-docker-containers-on-ubuntu-20-04

However traefik sees the docker containers but when I try and access them I'm getting a 404 not found

Also how do you get it to generate a let's encrypt ssl certificate? That appears to be failing and using the traefik self generated one

Thanks for any help as always

Chip

Comments

• You should post your docker-compose.yml or give me some information about how you set it up. Without this information, I cannot help you!

• chipchip Member

I think my issue is the labels .... I have traefik dashboard accessible and its finding stuff bit doesn't know how to use them ... is there a way to get traefik to work with existing containers?

• ehabehab Member

@chip said:
    is there a way to get traefik to work with existing containers?

traefik works with labels..... update your existing containers with labels and enable traefik.

• chipchip Member

@ehab said:

@chip said:
    is there a way to get traefik to work with existing containers?

traefik works with labels..... update your existing containers with labels and enable traefik.

Thats the issue I'm having I don't know how to add the labels... ive got portainer installed and was hoping their was an easy way to add them there but there doesn't appear to be

• ehabehab Member

@chip said:

can you stop the container and try adding labels

docker run my-image:latest --label=com.example.demo-label=example-value

Thanked by 1chip
  • Traefik matters..

Thanked by 1chip
  • i discarded all of these reverse proxies and started using cloudflare tunnel...amazing experience

Thanked by 1chip