Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA for ex/current Nixstats users
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA for ex/current Nixstats users

Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep

I recovered over 350GB from over 50 servers by deleting leftover logs by Nixstats.

I would suggest any other ex/current Nixstats users to check if Nixstats is creating huge log files at within /var/log (nixstatsagent.log)

I only discovered this recently after removing Nixstats, as it's pretty much been abandoned in favour of 360 Monitoring.

Comments

• SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Host Rep

Never used Nixstats, but surely it must have some sort of log rolling/pruning feature?

• @Swiftnode said:
    Never used Nixstats, but surely it must have some sort of log rolling/pruning feature?

Anecdotal evidence suggests not.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @Jamie_DreamIT said:
    I recovered over 350GB from over 50 servers by deleting leftover logs by Nixstats.

I would suggest any other ex/current Nixstats users to check if Nixstats is creating huge log files at within /var/log (nixstatsagent.log)

I only discovered this recently after removing Nixstats, as it's pretty much been abandoned in favour of 360 Monitoring.

Does 360 have the same issues considering its pretty much the same code base?

• Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep

@Gravely said: Does 360 have the same issues considering its pretty much the same code base?

No idea. I only tested it on a dev server. It's defiantly very similar to Nixstats, but I can see there are a heap of changes and improvements (so they can charge you more).

• @Jamie_DreamIT said:

@Gravely said: Does 360 have the same issues considering its pretty much the same code base?

No idea. I only tested it on a dev server. It's defiantly very similar to Nixstats, but I can see there are a heap of changes and improvements (so they can charge you more).

Hetrix FTW regardless :smile:

• Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep

@Gravely said: Hetrix FTW regardless

Indeed! Still waiting for Service Status Online notifications to become a thing (not very fun checking a service reported offline at 4am, only to discover it's back online).

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@Gravely said:

@Jamie_DreamIT said:

Does 360 have the same issues considering its pretty much the same code base?

From a quick glance on Github, the logging code looks pretty similar still so I wouldn't be surprised.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

the fact that 360 monit and nixstats are both owned by webpros, makes me think, they just wanted to kill the brand.