Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ryzen 9 5950x or something similar in performance
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ryzen 9 5950x or something similar in performance

Hey there, I’m new here but I could use help in finding a good dedicated server and for a good price, I have heard that uk and France are good locations to host a dedi but I don’t really want to spend too much on a dedi monthly until I start earning money from my Minecraft network and I also have to move from my current dedi since I’m only using 1 of the 2 NVME drives but they aren’t in RAID and in order to put them in raid, I need to wipe the dedi in which case I will lose everything on it so my best option is to move to another better dedi but I’m currently hosting in it Amsterdam so i found this site and I came here asking for help in finding a dedi for maybe like 120€ if it’s possible, im currently paying around 90€ so I want to stick as close to possible to that while also upgrading my dedi

Comments

• I am very happy with Hetzner AX101. Right now they dont have setup fees

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited March 2023

https://www.fractionservers.com/5950x-offer/ maybe? Hosted in Coventry, UK.

Edit: as always (with me) I forgot about ddos protection for game servers as I don't do any gaming. So please check their protection yourself, I don't even know if they have some...

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2023

@itsdeadjim said:
    I am very happy with Hetzner AX101. Right now they dont have setup fees

Will get destroyed by a ddos attack by any random skid. If youre doing game servers, you need some sort of ddos protection better than hetzner

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • fractionservers looks to have a decent price and it being hosted in the uk and ye hetzner has terrible ddos protection and the only way around it is to tunnel it through something stronger which will just add on top of the price for the dedi

• @OhJohn said:

Edit: as always (with me) I forgot about ddos protection for game servers as I don't do any gaming. So please check their protection yourself, I don't even know if they have some...

fractionservers either has on demand ddos protection or always on but no idea if it's any good

• You should post your current specs, and any other requirements/preferences you have so that providers can see if they're able to match/beat what you've got currently.

• I have an amd ryzen 9 3900x 64gb ram, 2x 500gb nvme ssd storage but like i said they arent in raid 1 so i'm only using one of the drives and i need more storage, i don't believe i have ddos protection and i'm currently hosting my dedi at worldstream

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

where are you from? In general:

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB RAM, 2x 512 GB NVMe Space, 1 GBit/s Flatrate for Dedicated
    118,49 EUR incl. 19 % VAT (excl. VAT: 99,57 EUR)

Or

AMD Ryzen 7 5950X, 64 GB RAM, 2x 512 GB NVMe Space, 1 GBit/s Flatrate for Dedicated
    173,49 EUR incl. 19 % VAT (excl. VAT: 145,78 EUR)

• @PHP_Friends said:
    Hi,

where are you from? In general:

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB RAM, 2x 512 GB NVMe Space, 1 GBit/s Flatrate for Dedicated
    118,49 EUR incl. 19 % VAT (excl. VAT: 99,57 EUR)

Or

AMD Ryzen 7 5950X, 64 GB RAM, 2x 512 GB NVMe Space, 1 GBit/s Flatrate for Dedicated
    173,49 EUR incl. 19 % VAT (excl. VAT: 145,78 EUR)

i'm from iceland

• @bruh21 said:

@itsdeadjim said:
    I am very happy with Hetzner AX101. Right now they dont have setup fees

Will get destroyed by a ddos attack by any random skid. If youre doing game servers, you need some sort of ddos protection better than hetzner

Yeah you are right, forgot about that

• @OhJohn said:

i might honestly go for this, it's a not a huge difference in price but a huge upgrade

• i'm also curious on what operating system to go for linux? I hear rocky linux is best for performance and it has a significant performance boost over ubuntu

• I would look at Pebblehost if you want something in the UK and they do specialize in Game server hosting. If you want something cheap, then check out Mevspace.

AMD® Ryzen™ 9 5950X
    128 GB
    2 x 1 TB NVME
    1 Gbps
    For 111 eur

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

You might want to check with Active-Servers in Germany. Their facility (iNTERWERK) has a bit of an odd atmosphere to be, but on pricing they are REALLY competitive.

https://www.active-servers.com/rootserver.php

Paket: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
    RAM: 64GB RAM
    Storage: 2x 480 GB SSD Festplatte
    IPv4: 1x DDOS Protected IP
    Anbindung: 1000 MBit Uplink

114,80 per month + 29,90 setup.

• HarmonyHarmony Member
    edited March 2023

@OhJohn said:

Presuming this is not ECC UDIMM RAM like Hetzner though?

• @Harmony I would assume the same, that's why I didn't moved for this offer as I'm also looking for ECC. But you should just ask them.

• FractionFrankFractionFrank Member, Host Rep

Just to confirm this is ECC 3200Mhz and the NVMe's are Gen4 aswell.

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited March 2023

@FractionFrank oh, that sounds great. One question: could you state if it is ECC or non-ECC on your order form? Not only for this one but in general? While you could assume that you use ECC in Xeons as being obvious, it is never 100% sure with Ryzens as you need the right mobo etc. therefore at least I would have assumed it to be non-ECC w/ the Ryzen offers even though I had a slight hope for it to be ECC with your company...

• @FractionFrank said:

That's nice then, you guys should really advertise that don't understand why some providers that go the extra mile don't advertise it.

What is the RAM model?

Thanked by 2OhJohn FractionFrank
  • FractionFrankFractionFrank Member, Host Rep

@Harmony said:

@FractionFrank said:

That's nice then, you guys should really advertise that don't understand why some providers that go the extra mile don't advertise it.

What is the RAM model?

We use Crucial: MTA9ASF2G72AZ-3G2R

Our website is now updated that states it is ECC memory, thanks for the feedback!

Thanked by 1OhJohn