Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WebHorizon HKnat has been down for months! TK does not solve it either!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WebHorizon HKnat has been down for months! TK does not solve it either!

WebHorizon HKnat cannot be used as long as it is reinstalled. Submitted TK and helped me reinstall the debian system, but what I need is ubuntu. After that, several TKs were submitted, but they were not resolved, so they were closed.

Comments

• Maybe they dont have ubuntu

• VlPVlP Member

I buy your account for $10.

• @VlP said:
    I buy your account for $10.

Read the rules carefully.

• seamusseamus Member
    edited March 2023

@lowendclient said:
    Maybe they dont have ubuntu

But their control panel has ubuntu, and the customer service can only start after reinstalling debian. I can't boot any system installed in the control panel, nor can I boot after installing it.

• bdlbdl Member

TK = tiket

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

WebHorizon reinstall has been broken since 2022 summer.
    I cancelled all the services with them.

Thanked by 1Void
  • Tried the reinstall few hours ago, everything went well at first try (NL location).
    The only issue I had was when manually installing FreeBSD, but it was because I used dhcp and it failed to properly fill the gateway.
    A small manual adjust fixed it.

• @Rosebelle said:
    Tried the reinstall few hours ago, everything went well at first try (NL location).
    The only issue I had was when manually installing FreeBSD, but it was because I used dhcp and it failed to properly fill the gateway.
    A small manual adjust fixed it.

Is it a NAT VPS?

• seamusseamus Member
    edited March 2023

@yoursunny said:

It's infuriating that they don't fix the problem and respond to the ticket.

• I wanted to buy a 1 year vps sg on Webhorizon

seeing their support like this, I'm so doubtful :D

• tunatuna Member

@knightblizs said:
    I wanted to buy a 1 year vps sg on Webhorizon

seeing their support like this, I'm so doubtful :D

They were out of stock so don't be doubtful

Thanked by 1knightblizs
  • I have different problem with them now lol.

Their rDNS has reverted to default value, and caused significant damage for us, because this was not taken into consideration when we built our redundancy and resilience.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

We have received feedback from some customers and are aware of the control panel bugs affecting NAT VPS services (and virtualizor in general).

I see the case of Ubuntu installs failing at HK location, this only affects a handful of services and not all clients. We are working on it.
    Meanwhile I have issued a full refund to account credits for the affected service. You may try any of our other locations ubuntu should be working fine.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team.
    As the support on these NAT VPS is limited and covers only critical issues that impact the overall stability of our network and services. Response times may be longer but we will get back to you asap.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@srch07 said:
    Their rDNS has reverted to default value, and caused significant damage for us, because this was not taken into consideration when we built our redundancy and resilience.

You learned a lesson.

edited March 2023

@srch07 said:
    I have different problem with them now lol.

These rdns servers are hosted at Oracle frankfurt and there seems to be a packet loss issue ongoing for past week. Support has not been helpful so far.

We are re-deploying them now and adding automation from the control panel itself, should be done by evening.

@yoursunny said:

I appreciate your feedback, but do you really believe such.
    We have more than 3000 active nat services, most of the clients are from LET.
    It that were true we would have seen much more drama here.

In the event that a customer really encounter an issue with the control panel, please reach out our support helpdesk. Currently we have about 50 tickets pending (many of them duplicate) We should be getting back to you within 24 hours.

• @Abd said:
    We have received feedback from some customers and are aware of the control panel bugs affecting NAT VPS services (and virtualizor in general).

I see the case of Ubuntu installs failing at HK location, this only affects a handful of services and not all clients. We are working on it.
    Meanwhile I have issued a full refund to account credits for the affected service. You may try any of our other locations ubuntu should be working fine.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team.
    As the support on these NAT VPS is limited and covers only critical issues that impact the overall stability of our network and services. Response times may be longer but we will get back to you asap.

Refund email notification has been received. Although the support of NAT vps is limited, if the problem can be dealt with in time, it will definitely win more praise from users, instead of waiting for users to post on lowendtalk. After all, this problem has existed for a long time, and your technicians have not solved it. refund is not the best solution.

• marianmarian Member
    edited March 2023

@Abd said: I appreciate your feedback, but do you really believe such.

Yeah, I had the same problem with no resolution from support for weeks. Canceled all my services :wink:

• @Abd said:

@srch07 said:

These rdns servers are hosted at Oracle frankfurt and there seems to be a packet loss issue ongoing for past week. Support has not been helpful so far.

We are re-deploying them now and adding automation from the control panel itself, should be done by evening.

Any update / ETA on this?

@srch07 said:

@Abd said:

@srch07 said:

Any update / ETA on this?

yes it was completed, rDNS can now be set from the control panel under 'Network' tab

• srch07srch07 Member
    edited March 2023

[Deleting the comment, as it was not relevant anymore]

• BBTNBBTN Member
    edited March 2023

@Abd said:

@yoursunny said:

I appreciate your feedback, but do you really believe such.

Got an uptime of 109 days in HK, running Debian Bullseye.
    Today I've learned not to reinstall what I wasn't intended to do. :smiley: