Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Search] 10Gbit Unmetered Dedicated root Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Search] 10Gbit Unmetered Dedicated root Server

VZ Type:
dedicated

Number of Cores: 6+
RAM: 64GB +
Disk Space: 2TB NVMe + 2*16TB
Disk Type: NVMe + Enterprice HDDs

Bandwidth: 10Gbit
Port Speed: 10Gbit

Traffic: Unmetered very important!

DDoS Protection: yes

Number of IPs: 1

Budget:100-250€

Billing period: monthly, Cryto, Paypal prefer

Comments

• Had to rub my eyes clean, make sure I was reading that right. I am curious to see the offers :smile:

Thanked by 1itoshikimonset
  • Lol :lol:

• kaitkait Member

10Gbit alone (not the other hardware) is already more than your budget.

Thanked by 2MannDude fadedmaple
  • SuseSuse Member
    edited March 2023

not really, have a server with 350€ at the moment, we can talk about money, only if it is more expensive than now - no thanks

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

@Suse said: terrible and many more space, about money we can talk but it is highter then now - thanks no ;-)

Has current thing for higher budget and it's crap and I want better for less money? Am I reading this right?

Thanked by 2chip RapToN
  • @Suse said:
    not really, have a server with 350€ at the moment, we can talk about money, only if it is more expensive than now - no thanks

Damn from whom and what specs, please share...

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited March 2023

@Suse said:

There's no way to get these specs at this price.
    NVMe is new hardware, 16TB drives are new hardware.

If you want 10Gbit unmetered at this price you are looking into shared 10Gbit and older hardware - there's some providers who may offer that in you range (Tempest.net has 100$ 10Gbit unmetered dedis, but only in USA at the moment and ofc old hardware - 12 year OLD cpu's, 1TB HDDs, maybe one SATA SSD)...

Nvme + 16TB + 10Gbit unmetered for 100-250 euro = not possible, ROI is way too long.

If you have these specs for 350 euro then you're lucky or somebody forgot to hike your price (OVH?).

• @Suse said:
    VZ Type:
    dedicated

Number of Cores: 6+
    RAM: 64GB +
    Disk Space: 2TB NVMe + 2*16TB
    Disk Type: NVMe + Enterprice HDDs

Bandwidth: 10Gbit
    Port Speed: 10Gbit

Traffic: Unmetered very important!

DDoS Protection: yes

Number of IPs: 1

Budget:100-250€

Billing period: monthly, Cryto, Paypal prefer

lol

• Nexusbytes can help

Thanked by 1kait
  • @cociu or @seriesn can do 10Gbps in your budget.

Thanked by 3treesmokah Advin Ganonk
  • hmm 10Gbit unmetered and lots of storage... sounds like something @PulsedMedia can provide.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • StrypStryp Member

Play around with PulsedMedia's dedi offers. You might find something good there.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • mrclownmrclown Member
    edited March 2023

Unmetered vs dedicated 10Gbps are different. Some offers 10Gbps but their upstream will limit you to go beyond a few xxx Mbps.

Have a look at ( I don't know or work for them or not recommending but some lowend CDN providers here used them): https://www.datapacket.com/

Can't wait to see offers from LET providers here to fit your budget

• I am curious what people do with this kind of machine and why search offer on LET

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Again, as others said, bump your budget to realistic levels and you shall see good offers.

Thanked by 2Andreix Ganonk
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@concept said:
    hmm 10Gbit unmetered and lots of storage... sounds like something @PulsedMedia can provide.

yeap right up our alley.

The ryzens here can be down configured: https://pulsedmedia.com/dedicated-servers-finland.php

Those are just sample configs. Will get down to OPs budget too.

Unless he was expecting dedicated 10Gbps for that price, that's not going to happen, anywhere, by anyone. He mentioned Bandwidth: 10Gbit so for someone that might mean dedicated IP transit, but no one can sell you server + Dedicated 10Gbit for 250€ a month and actually deliver on that. It's just not economically possible by anyone.

We check on case by case basis, and keep the ultimate total contract in mind when we act upon bandwidth abusers. There really are people who think 200€ a month for dedi + 9.5Gbps 95th percentile is OK, fortunately once they shop around they always come back and just pay the extra 750€ a month for that upgrade :)

AMD Ryzen™ 108TB
    349€ / month
    6x18TB 7200RPM SATA HDD
    2TB NVMe
    128GB DDR4 RAM
    AMD Ryzen™ 5900X 12c/24t CPU
    10Gbps Unmetered Shared

So let's downscale this highly to get bandwidth ratio highest possible:

4x8TB 7200RPM SATA HDD
    2TB NVMe (cheapest we can find, not highest performance!)
    64GB DDR4 RAM
    Ryzen 3500 6c/12t
    CONSUMER Motherboard (no remote reboots, no nothing. Crashed Down? Expect to wait 6 business days for reboot)
    10Gbps Unmetered Shared
    250€ / month 6month billing cycle + 250€ setup fee for this frankenstein build

Bandwidth we would be fine for up to 3.5Gbps 95th percentile with this one, so in essence the server is thrown in free when you buy the bandwidth.

CPU Caveat, we might not have any more stock of those, then upgrade to 5800x +25€ a month (it's not just the CPU, but bigger heatsink + more power + more performance == more utilization == even more power and even more bandwidth) or +20€/Month if cTDP to lowest setting (45W i think)

ZERO wiggle room, ZERO negotiation, only crypto accepted for this one so we will not have to deal with PPs like 5% fees + potential chargeback.
    Delivery 6 weeks from order payment.

Thanked by 1maverick
  • @PulsedMedia said:

@concept said:
    hmm 10Gbit unmetered and lots of storage... sounds like something @PulsedMedia can provide.

yeap right up our alley.

The ryzens here can be down configured: https://pulsedmedia.com/dedicated-servers-finland.php

Those are just sample configs. Will get down to OPs budget too.

Unless he was expecting dedicated 10Gbps for that price, that's not going to happen, anywhere, by anyone. He mentioned Bandwidth: 10Gbit so for someone that might mean dedicated IP transit, but no one can sell you server + Dedicated 10Gbit for 250€ a month and actually deliver on that. It's just not economically possible by anyone.

We check on case by case basis, and keep the ultimate total contract in mind when we act upon bandwidth abusers. There really are people who think 200€ a month for dedi + 9.5Gbps 95th percentile is OK, fortunately once they shop around they always come back and just pay the extra 750€ a month for that upgrade :)

AMD Ryzen™ 108TB
    349€ / month
    6x18TB 7200RPM SATA HDD
    2TB NVMe
    128GB DDR4 RAM
    AMD Ryzen™ 5900X 12c/24t CPU
    10Gbps Unmetered Shared

So let's downscale this highly to get bandwidth ratio highest possible:

4x8TB 7200RPM SATA HDD
    2TB NVMe (cheapest we can find, not highest performance!)
    64GB DDR4 RAM
    Ryzen 3500 6c/12t
    CONSUMER Motherboard (no remote reboots, no nothing. Crashed Down? Expect to wait 6 business days for reboot)
    10Gbps Unmetered Shared
    250€ / month 6month billing cycle + 250€ setup fee for this frankenstein build

Bandwidth we would be fine for up to 3.5Gbps 95th percentile with this one, so in essence the server is thrown in free when you buy the bandwidth.

CPU Caveat, we might not have any more stock of those, then upgrade to 5800x +25€ a month (it's not just the CPU, but bigger heatsink + more power + more performance == more utilization == even more power and even more bandwidth) or +20€/Month if cTDP to lowest setting (45W i think)

ZERO wiggle room, ZERO negotiation, only crypto accepted for this one so we will not have to deal with PPs like 5% fees + potential chargeback.
    Delivery 6 weeks from order payment.

holy shit.
    that's a steal.

• SuseSuse Member

thanks all

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

I think the problem is people abusing and changing up the meaning of words.

Unmetered should be dedicated. I guess things have changed over the years with people trying to change it up and say unmetered and shared.

It should then just be said 10g shared.
    I know a lot of our customers love the 100TB on 10Gbps this works quite well for most people unless they really need to push those higher speeds 95% we had a customer hitting 9.6Gbps on the 95th but was upset because on non peak hours he only used 5Gbps so he thought he should pay less. :)

• @PureVoltage said:

Unmetered should be dedicated. I guess things have changed over the years with people trying to change it up and say unmetered and shared.

I know a lot of our customers love the 100TB on 10Gbps this works quite well for most people unless they really need to push those higher speeds 95% we had a customer hitting 9.6Gbps on the 95th but was upset because on non peak hours he only used 5Gbps so he thought he should pay less. :)

What do you think providers should say then when they cram multiple users into a single 10G pipe, but don't impose any monthly data caps?

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

This is a true marketing dilemna indeed. But we've just gone where rest of the market has gone with this.

Metered as in say 100TB does not get the real issue with it -> On peak usage. If you use the 100TB as fast as possible @ only the peak time, that can cost like 10x what if used evenly.

BUT people do not signup if you say 1Gbps 95th % on 10G pipe. It's too complex, and you could very easily go over.

There's no easy solution to this afaik.
    Further, this is only an issue with less than 5% of users as well. But those less than 5% can ruin it for the 95% (as usual).

Thanked by 1PureVoltage
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@CyberneticTitan said:

@PureVoltage said:

What do you think providers should say then when they cram multiple users into a single 10G pipe, but don't impose any monthly data caps?

I would suggest "shared unmetered", "unmetered but not unlimited" and "fair use applies"

Other than that I do not think its unfair to do so. Not everyone needs the transfer.

• Dunno, this seems perfectly simple for me.

Either you get 10G shared, and then it's typically amended with how much traffic you can spend, say 50 TB traffic in the price, and then something happens... In most cases with VPS providers, you should understand that such 10G is of course shared with other VPS customers on the host. The best and most trustful providers will precisely specify that such 10G (or 2x that or...) is shared with how many customers (max), and what exactly happens when you spend your traffic quota. Either how much you pay for additional TB of traffic, or to which speed you're throttled after spending your quota, or final possibility is that you're just suspended 'til the next month if you spend it all.

That all the above info is provided upfront when services are offered shows how serious the provider is, 'cause that's all quite important data when you're picking service as customer. If there must be many additional questions to understand all these quite essential details, just means the provider is still green. IMHO, of course.

OTOH, if the port is declared as 10G dedicated, then it's quite different. 10G is yours to use, nobody can interfere with that, and finally and typically it's pretty well known upfront how much every TB will cost you (unless it's truly unmetered and that included in price), after possibly some smaller allocation which is included in the price. A perfect example here is Hetzner. You know exactly how much will 10G NIC + dedicated uplink will cost you monthly, you know that you get 20 TB traffic included, and you know the exact price of each additional TB of traffic. 10G is yours to use and pay, no unknowns of any kind.

tl;dr

shared - you're not alone, you share with others (expect lower speed than advertised)

dedicated - all yours, to the max

and completely another category (how much traffic):

unmetered - use to the max, all paid upfront, no additional cost

prepaid bw - use up to that, but when you spend it all something will happen, depending on terms (pay for more, throttled to some much lower speed or suspended)

Thanked by 1PureVoltage