Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

@OVH_APAC i would like to know KS/SYS panels will be merged?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

@OVH_APAC i would like to know KS/SYS panels will be merged?

Recently, ks/sys web have been updated.

The ordering page is fully directed to eco.ovhcloud.com.

Will the old ks/sys user panel be merge into ovhcloud.com?

If I as an old ks/sys user, need to purchase a new machine, I have to go to the main site again to create a new account? which is not very humane.

And how do transfer my old ks/sys machine to the ovh main site ?????

Can you answer this question?

Comments

• Smith42Smith42 Member
    edited March 2023

It is quite likely this would be done. The point of creating ECO was to merge everything into one portal. This is not only for support reasons but also billing reasons. They want everything under one roof and it may happen in some regions before others.

And yes, when it happens, it is going to be very sudden without much notice to the Sales Department at OVH, and it is very likely they will make you re-purchase servers on ECO and cancel your existing SYS/KS ones. I don't think OVH will bear the load of running migrations.

Thanked by 2yoursunny xiaopigu
  • @xiaopigu According to earlier communication from OVHcloud, yes... eventually servers in the SyS and KS productline will be merged into OVHcloud. Contrary to what @Smith42 claims you do not have to be affraid of loosing your servers. All servers will be merged into one single account on OVHcloud.

More information on this can be found at https://community.ovh.com/en/t/eco-dedicated-servers-faq-i-am-already-a-kimsufi-and-or-so-you-start-customer/12925

@Teko Everyone has their own opinion, I've been a customer with them for 18 years and despite some minor defects you won't hear me complain. I also don't quite understand what the problem is that other people are experiencing.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2023

@Teko said:
    OVH sucks

The OVHCloud billing system is fucked beyond repair.
    If you terminate services, you can do so anytime, OVH btw does this instant.

However, if they then charge you to much money, because the billing system cannot or is unable to update the invoice.

They don't care, you have to act, and open a Ticket.
    Then you open a Ticket, right, and tell them that you got charged to much.

You get a nice reply like
    "Per our Terms of Service, all services are non-refundable. Refunds are offered on a case-by-case basis and in most situations, those refunds are offered when we can definitively confirm that a server performance is not acceptable, and we are unable to resolve the issue or eliminate that poor performance. "

The worst part, for US, they generate ONE invoice for everything, so if you don't pay, you get all your services suspended despite the wrong amount.

It took me 1 week to get at least credit.

• tunatuna Member

@Neoon said:

The OVHCloud billing system is fucked beyond repair.
    If you terminate services, you can do so anytime, OVH btw does this instant.

However, if they then charge you to much money, because the billing system cannot or is unable to update the invoice.

They don't care, you have to act, and open a Ticket.
    Then you open a Ticket, right, and tell them that you got charged to much.

You get a nice reply like
    "Per our Terms of Service, all services are non-refundable. Refunds are offered on a case-by-case basis and in most situations, those refunds are offered when we can definitively confirm that a server performance is not acceptable, and we are unable to resolve the issue or eliminate that poor performance. "

The worst part, for US, they generate ONE invoice for everything, so if you don't pay, you get all your services suspended despite the wrong amount.

It took me 1 week to get at least credit.

That's right, I used OVH for one year and I can confirm this. Worst billing system

Thanked by 1lowenddude
  • xiaopiguxiaopigu Member
    edited March 2023

@Gerrit said:
    @xiaopigu According to earlier communication from OVHcloud, yes... eventually servers in the SyS and KS productline will be merged into OVHcloud. Contrary to what @Smith42 claims you do not have to be affraid of loosing your servers. All servers will be merged into one single account on OVHcloud.

More information on this can be found at https://community.ovh.com/en/t/eco-dedicated-servers-faq-i-am-already-a-kimsufi-and-or-so-you-start-customer/12925

@Teko Everyone has their own opinion, I've been a customer with them for 18 years and despite some minor defects you won't hear me complain. I also don't quite understand what the problem is that other people are experiencing.

https://community.ovh.com/en/t/eco-dedicated-servers-faq-i-am-already-a-kimsufi-and-or-so-you-start-customer/12925

Can I continue to manage my server as usual via the Control Panel?

Yes, nothing is changing at the moment.

Your Kimsufi and/or So you Start customer account will be migrated automatically at the end of 2022. Once the migration is complete, you can manage your Kimsufi and/or So you Start server from the OVHcloud Control Panel. We will contact you in the coming months for more information.

2023 now :*

They are seriously behind schedule.

• TekoTeko Member
    edited March 2023

@Gerrit said:
    @xiaopigu According to earlier communication from OVHcloud, yes... eventually servers in the SyS and KS productline will be merged into OVHcloud. Contrary to what @Smith42 claims you do not have to be affraid of loosing your servers. All servers will be merged into one single account on OVHcloud.

I have been using their service for 2 years. Although their hardware works perfect for me, the billing system, control panel and networking are not user friendly.

For example, giving a /128 IPv6 address instead of /64. (But user can use /64 actually)