Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can WHMCS provided by Hostgator be used to manage Hosting on personal VPS as well?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can WHMCS provided by Hostgator be used to manage Hosting on personal VPS as well?

Hello All, I have a small doubt about the usage of WHMCS provided by Hostgator Reseller. I have a couple of VPS on which I provide hosting to friends and family. I want to setup WHMCS on this and was wondering if I can purchase a Hostgator Reseller package as well and can I tie up my personal hosting into the WHMCS provided by Hostgator? or can I use the WHMCS license and install on a different AWS server?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Some licenses are bind to IP range, contact Hostgator to check the license.

• @WebProject said:
    Some licenses are bind to IP range, contact Hostgator to check the license.

Thank you! That seems to make sense.

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

https://www.whmcs.com/members/dl.php?type=d&id=17

"In addition, all licenses you issue must be used on the hosting services you provide."

If HostGator allowed this, they'd be violating the WHMCS Reseller Agreement.

• Nope! You are only allow to use that license on Hostgator's infrastructure

• I presume you can host the WHMCS on the Hostgator Reseller, and add your external servers and their control panels via the relevant integration.

• @Cluster said:
    I presume you can host the WHMCS on the Hostgator Reseller, and add your external servers and their control panels via the relevant integration.

That's exactly what I had in mind.

• @aquablue said:

@Cluster said:
    I presume you can host the WHMCS on the Hostgator Reseller, and add your external servers and their control panels via the relevant integration.

Yes. This you can definitely do. Just host the main whmcs on Hostgator's server (in this case their reseller hosting)

• @BingoBongo said:

@aquablue said:

@Cluster said:

Yes. This you can definitely do. Just host the main whmcs on Hostgator's server (in this case their reseller hosting)

Thank you!!