Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated.com servers with 1gb unmetered
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated.com servers with 1gb unmetered

Got this email from dedicated.com just now perhaps someone will find it useful

March 2023 deal: Unmetered bandwidth in our most popular locations!

Got an important app and don't want to worry about a data cap? Pick up a new in-stock server in any of the following locations with unmetered data today!

Offer available in:
Los Angeles
Chicago
Dallas
New York

Terms:

Available only for NEW orders of in-stock servers in Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, New York.
Not valid in locations not listed.
Promo runs from March 1st 2023 to March 31st 2023.
Orders must be fully paid by 11:59:59 PM EST March 31 2023 to qualify.
The promo will be applied for the life of the service.
New orders only. In-stock servers only. While supplies last. No limit on number of qualifying servers purchased.
No holds, no reservations, no pre-orders.
Not valid for colocation or managed firewalls.

Interested? Order and pay for an in-stock server listed as available in Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, New York on https://dedicated.com/dedicated-servers and open a ticket to say "I want the March 2023 bandwidth deal!". We'll then remove bandwidth accounting for your new server.

Thanked by 1SiliCloud

Comments

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited March 2023

I see that they have 100TB without promotion.
    Is this even realistic to use 100TB on 1Gbit (likely shared, not dedicated) network?

What would you need to run that would completely max out your outbound for 8 hours+ every day?
    Seedbox comes to mind, but is there anything else where you would prefer 1Gbit unmetered instead of getting other 10Gbit metered deal with like 100TB limit? VPN node maybe?

• tbstbs Member

I have couple of servers with them for a while in different dcs and I am able to push 1gb at all times if required.
    I have unmetered 1gb from previous promos.

The 10gb is just getting started so it would take time before it becomes affordable and adapted by major providers

• solid with GSL network

• @treesmokah said:
    solid with GSL network

Used to be INAP, GSL is actually a huge downgrade here. Still a somewhat OK deal though.

• @fluffernutter said:

@treesmokah said:
    solid with GSL network

Used to be INAP, GSL is actually a huge downgrade here. Still a somewhat OK deal though.

Does all GSL transit include their ddos prot?
    If so, its a really nice deal considering the ddos protection alone.

• @treesmokah said:

@fluffernutter said:

@treesmokah said:
    solid with GSL network

it does, but INAP also has inline mitigation. GSL is incredibly weak within the US when it comes to actual network quality. GSL's protection also is not too great by default, so it depends on any tweaks that dedicated.com has made to the filtering.

• @fluffernutter said:

@treesmokah said:

@fluffernutter said:

@treesmokah said:
    solid with GSL network

it does, but INAP also has inline mitigation. GSL is incredibly weak within the US when it comes to actual network quality. GSL's protection also is not too great by default, so it depends on any tweaks that dedicated.com has made to the filtering.

I tested friends network running on GSL.
    I'm not sure what tweaks he made - but in NL region it easily tanked 100's of Gbits.

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited March 2023

So they changed their mayor upstream from INAP to GSL and Unitas Global without any informations to their customers? When did that happened?

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited March 2023

@OhJohn said:
    So they changed their mayor upstream from INAP to GSL and Unitas Global without any informations to their customers? When did that happened?

I'm not 100% sure they are using GSL.
    I've seen them as "product customers" on GSL page, so I assumed they are using GSL.

edit;
    They are using a mix of GSL and Unitas Global in their locations.
    Some of them either use a mix or single upstream like GSL or Unitas.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Dallas location and network has been great. I've used them for many many months now. Same for the team that runs it, no BS.

@OhJohn said:

Since when do ISPs contact customers when they're routed over a different upstream lol?

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited March 2023

@treesmokah

Yes, they seem to use GSL, see https://bgp.tools/as/63018

But INAP is gone.

And in the US West I mostly see Unitas Global now.

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited March 2023

@MikaA

I have been happy with them as well but if you do a mayor overhaul by totally changing your network it would be nice to inform customers I would say. I was actually confused when I saw Unitas popping up on my mtr tests but have to admit that I did not investigate further at that time.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • @treesmokah said:

@fluffernutter said:

@treesmokah said:

@fluffernutter said:

@treesmokah said:
    solid with GSL network

I tested friends network running on GSL.
    I'm not sure what tweaks he made - but in NL region it easily tanked 100's of Gbits.

They're great in the EU and APAC, not as great in the US. In the US they're basically just Cogent + Zayo + IX. Really bad compared to what INAP did.

• @OhJohn said:
    @MikaA

I have been happy with them as well but if you do a mayor overhaul by totally changing your network it would be nice to inform customers I would say. I was actually confused when I saw Unitas popping up on my mtr tests but have to admit that I did not investigate further at that time.

Just FYI, INAP = Unitas, they were purchased by Unitas. Same network.

Thanked by 2OhJohn nick_
  • OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited March 2023

@fluffernutter said: Just FYI, INAP = Unitas, they were purchased by Unitas. Same network.

That explains a lot, thank you. And in that case it wasn't a change at all so I'm fine without being informed...

Thanked by 1fluffernutter