Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BitTorrent Seedbox Provider Handed Criminal Conviction Over Users’ Piracy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BitTorrent Seedbox Provider Handed Criminal Conviction Over Users’ Piracy

LeviLevi Member

Nice article https://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-seedbox-provider-handed-criminal-conviction-over-users-piracy-230301/

It is in Denmark. Soon enough whole Europe providers will suffer this non sense.

Comments

• Thing is reselling seedboxes has never been illegal, and still isn't. There are companies that are still active to this day reselling seedboxes (only) far longer than the convicted reseller above, based out of possibly more strict countries, like UK, Spain, Canada and even USA.

This could just be chatter but I've read at a few different outlets that the convicted reseller was involved in a lot of other online businesses on the side that easily get you a conviction. What they might be shouldn't be hard to guess, but greed can often lead to one's downfall.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited March 2023

fuck dmca mafia and fuck Denmark.
    Denmark is a shame to entire Scandinavia region.

the first thing that comes to my mind when i think Denmark are gays.

Nielsen is still running https://hostingby.design/ aka Walkerservers.
    We'll see if anything will change.

Thanked by 1kait
  • VoidVoid Member

Which seedbox provider is it?

• @jmaxwell said: Which seedbox provider is it?

Mentioned above ur comment. WalkerServers.

Thanked by 1Void
  • treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited March 2023

@jmaxwell said:
    Which seedbox provider is it?

Seedbox.io/Walkerservers/HostingByDesign and more brands run by Nielsen

Thanked by 2Void SeederKun
  • dosaidosai Member

From what I understand from HBD discord, the infringement was because of running a tracker and not for hosting seedboxes. So, HBD paid the fine and decided to close the case. No customer data was handed over.

• Does the seedbox provider break the law?

• LeviLevi Member

@chihcherng said:
    Does the seedbox provider break the law?

It seems so. Provider is liable for wrongdoings of his clients in this case.

• @LTniger said:

@chihcherng said:

It is liable because he advertised it solely for breaking the law it seems.

Seedboxes on its own are not breaking any laws.

• LeviLevi Member

@treesmokah said:

@LTniger said:

@chihcherng said:

Seedboxes on its own are not breaking any laws.

With determined enough dmca mafia this can be draged to court if seedboxes will pose enough risk to their money.

• @dosai said:
    From what I understand from HBD discord, the infringement was because of running a tracker and not for hosting seedboxes.

Not the case, as confirmed by the guy himself on Reddit:

The case is purely about me selling seedboxes.. Me personally or my company have no affiliation with any trackers, nor is there (to my knowledge) any trackers being hosted on my servers. Furthermore all of the trackers in this case are still online and operational.

Thanked by 2dosai SeederKun
  • @treesmokah said:

Number one sign you might be gay. Straight guys think about drugs and pussy, first.

• @TimboJones said:

@treesmokah said:

Number one sign you might be gay. Straight guys think about drugs and pussy, first.

JFTR, I find both of your comments quite funny. :smiley:

On-topic, I wish Kasper all the best in his endeavours. Even if he's a bit expensive right now for my pocket, he has always provided great service.

I find it dissapointing what world has turned into, that you can be persecuted for providing water, electricity, servers... That's all just infrastructure.... Be very careful who you offer your bottle of water next time... he might drown somebody in it, and then YOU will be responsible. :(

Thanked by 1Voltrina
  • @TimboJones said:

@treesmokah said:

I can assure you, I'm not gay :)

• @sunnyg said:
    Thing is reselling seedboxes has never been illegal, and still isn't. There are companies that are still active to this day reselling seedboxes (only) far longer than the convicted reseller above, based out of possibly more strict countries, like UK, Spain, Canada and even USA.

This could just be chatter but I've read at a few different outlets that the convicted reseller was involved in a lot of other online businesses on the side that easily get you a conviction. What they might be shouldn't be hard to guess, but greed can often lead to one's downfall.

Quite curious what "chatter" you've been hearing/reading/smoking? There's a really wide range of conspiracy artists out there and none of them actually knows whats going on.

I've commented on this in public numerous times, the official ruling from the court is avaliable online and yet people still spread rumours about this being due to a whole range of other things - It isn't, I know you've personally got an agenda against me, but please stop spreading things when you've got no clue what you are talking about (Kindly asking you again, for the 6th time).

@treesmokah said:

Nielsen is still running https://hostingby.design/ aka Walkerservers.
    We'll see if anything will change.

No changes are going to happen with my company.

• @maverick said:

@TimboJones said:

@treesmokah said:

On-topic, I wish Kasper all the best in his endeavours. Even if he's a bit expensive right now for my pocket, he has always provided great service.

I find it dissapointing what world has turned into, that you can be persecuted for providing water, electricity, servers... That's all just infrastructure.... Be very careful who you offer your bottle of water next time... he might drown somebody in it, and then YOU will be responsible. :(

Price drop incoming end of this month ;)

• @treesmokah said: I can assure you, I'm not gay

Do you farm kiwies?

• @Mumbly said:

@treesmokah said: I can assure you, I'm not gay

Do you farm kiwies?

I'm a cotton farmer.

• @treesmokah said: I can assure you, I'm not gay

yeah, lots of pastors and politicians said the same.

• @khnielsen said:

@maverick said:

@TimboJones said:

@treesmokah said:

Price drop incoming end of this month ;)

Csn I host seedbox on your germany server?