Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Wildcard SSL at $29.99/yr (for 5-year term) from CheapSSLWeb.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Wildcard SSL at $29.99/yr (for 5-year term) from CheapSSLWeb.com

cheapsslwebcheapsslweb Member, Patron Provider
edited February 2023 in Offers

CheapSSLWeb.com offers cheap wildcard SSL certificates from the best Certificate Authorities such as Comodo, Sectigo, and Certera. Protect your primary website and associate subdomains on multiple servers using a single wildcard SSL certificate. All wildcard SSL includes unlimited server licenses, reissuances, site seal, and more.

Here are the list of best and cheap wildcard SSL from cheapSSLweb.com. (In each case, the price /yr is for a 5-year term.)

Here is the list of key technical specifications of the best wildcard SSL

• Unlimited Server Licenses
  • Unlimited Re-issuances
  • Issuance in Minutes
  • 256Bit Encryption
  • 2048 RSA Encryption Key
  • Free Site Seal
  • 100% Mobile Compatibility
  • 100% Web Browsers Compatibility
  • 30 Days Money Back Assurance
  • Huge Warranties
  • 24/7 Technical Support Via Phone, Email, and Live Chat

If you still have any questions, visit our official website https://cheapsslweb.com

Mod edit (angstrom): Edited to include info about 5-year term

Thanked by 1JasonM

Comments

• have to purchase for 5 years to get that price...

• your site is nice. do you have ssl affiliate program?

• Certera is basically Let's Encrypt ... right?

Which is something completely free.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • cheapsslwebcheapsslweb Member, Patron Provider

@wa44io4 said:
    Certera is basically Let's Encrypt ... right?

Which is something completely free.

No, it's certificate authority.

• @jugganuts said:
    have to purchase for 5 years to get that price...

yeah ... should have thread title updated... since its misleading.

• @michae1 something what are you looking for ?

• 4 those who have specific needs as individuals or companies, this is a good option, but for personal user, the free version is sufficient.

Thanked by 1bruh21
  • do you offer individual S/MIME, too?

• cheapsslwebcheapsslweb Member, Patron Provider

@hyperblast said:
    do you offer individual S/MIME, too?

Yes, we do have individual S/MIME

https://cheapsslweb.com/email-identity/comodo-smime-certificate

Purchase CPAC basic from here.

• @d2411 Cools, thank you for sharing this info!
    I will take a look also.

• @cheapsslweb

Ultimately, it's in your interest to aim for full transparency because LET users will quickly point out any lack of transparency, which may suggest that you're trying to hide something

I've edited your opening post accordingly

Thanked by 2ehab itsgoingdown
  • @ehab said:

@jugganuts said:

yeah ... should have thread title updated... since its misleading.

@DP @raindog308 @angstrom Why is pricing for 5-year terms allowed? The maximum validity period for SSL certificates is 1 year anyway. At the very least, prices should be quoted for 1-year terms.

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited February 2023

Pretty typical for not-free SSL certificate providers to have a 1 year minimum and have 2, 3, and up to 5 year prepaid options that have to be reissued once a year. I think, since server hosting plans usually start with monthly terms and sometimes have annual and biennial options, ssl certs that start at 1 year and have multi-year options seems fine (with posting the terms upfront).

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Is Certera cross-signed by Sectigo ?? Who's the signer at Certera ? Couldn't find information on Google !

• Why would someone buy cert @CheapSSLWeb, when he can get it free from LetsEncrypt? And before anyone says anything about "credibility": I never heard of LetsEncrypt CA hacking, but I did hear about Comodo CA hack (and a few more certificate authorities)...

• tjntjn Member
    edited February 2023

Technically, there isn't much difference in the level of security offered by either.
    As most things, it depends on your use case.

For example, LE certs are "domain validated", whilst some commercial certificates actually require a department to check you're actually who you say you are before the cert is issued - "extended validation".

LE certs are only valid for 90 days, commercial certs can be valid for 2 years (Safari I think will only accepts certs valid for 1 year).

There's probably other considerations like insurance requirements, ISO certifications, not all PCI auditors like LE, health authorities likely require commercial certs, etc...

Amazon though seems to use a regular DV Digicert - it's all about your individual use case.

• Commercial SSL certs also come with some form of support, which can be desirable for some use cases.

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited March 2023

Two reasons I use paid certs.

CEOs want it. Like fredo1664 said, support and backing of a business is what some people want, usually to demonstrate trust to clients, investors, and insurers. If there's an issue where the blame could be the cert, a company offering support could save someone their job.

Another reason I use a paid cert. I need a 1-year validity for one of my projects (letsencrypt certs are 3-month only). I cannot safely automate the cert install on this project, so when the cert nears expiration, I have to manually update the cert files and ensure services restart okay. While I have other projects where automation reissues & installs letsencrypt certs every 65 days, this one needs extra care and paying for a 1-year cert means having to do it once a year (within a 1 month window), worth the cost to me.

Thanked by 2mrTom tomle
  • @jugganuts said:

@jugganuts said:

So it's not cheap.