Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS in France
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS in France

Minimum 1 core, 1GB RAM, 1Gbps port, 5TB of traffic (preferably unmetered, but 5TB is enough), and 15GB of disk space.
Monthly billing, KVM, preferably OVH Gravelines datacenter.
I will use it for a combining 2 internet connections via a sort of VPN configuration (private, I will only use it myself).

Budget is around 5EUR.

Comments

• I would recommend Oxide hosting, they've been great for me. They are unmetered bw. They have vpses in stock at OVH Gravelines.

• OVH, or Scaleway

• @concept said:
    I would recommend Oxide hosting, they've been great for me. They are unmetered bw. They have vpses in stock at OVH Gravelines.

Unfortunately their port speed is not enough... Even if I select the additional speed package, the upload is limited to 200Mbps. Does anyone know some that have 1Gbps upload? I can increase my budget a bit if the other specs are also quite better.

• @keysadmin said:
    OVH, or Scaleway

OVH seems to be the best in terms of ping, that's why I mentioned the Gravelines datacenter, but I couldn't find any plans from them that have 1Gbps and low specs, so I'm maybe looking for a reseller.
    Scaleway doesn't seem to have any plans sub 16.99 EUR, and even that plan has 250Mbps port.

• Not KVM but I have two Oneprovider shitboxes in Scaleway's datacenter, one with a C2350 which YABS says has 500Mbps upload, and a C2750 (bit expensive) with 1000Mbps upload, still according to YABS.
    Sorry, not so helpful.

Thanked by 1isthiscreaiv
  • @fredo1664 said:
    Not KVM but I have two Oneprovider shitboxes in Scaleway's datacenter, one with a C2350 which YABS says has 500Mbps upload, and a C2750 (bit expensive) with 1000Mbps upload, still according to YABS.
    Sorry, not so helpful.

That's actually really nice to know)
    I did not know that there's such a provider of low cost dedicated machines. Thanks for the info, I will keep them in mind!
    The price of the C2750 is too close to Andy10gbit's offering of €16 OVH i3-2130 8GB RAM 2x2TB HDD 1Gbps Unmetered for me though, so if I had that budget, I would probably choose that one instead.
    This time, I went with Ginernet (yes, not in France as I wanted, but surprisingly good ping), but my post is still relevant, as I do still need a French VPS with these specs.
    My budget is 5EUR, but as I said, "around 5EUR", so under 10 should be fine too, but only if it has a reason to cost that much.

Thanked by 1jmginer
  • @isthiscreaiv said:

@fredo1664 said:
    Not KVM but I have two Oneprovider shitboxes in Scaleway's datacenter, one with a C2350 which YABS says has 500Mbps upload, and a C2750 (bit expensive) with 1000Mbps upload, still according to YABS.
    Sorry, not so helpful.

I did not know that there's such a provider of low cost dedicated machines. Thanks for the info, I will keep them in mind!
    The price of the C2750 is too close to Andy10gbit's offering of €16 OVH i3-2130 8GB RAM 2x2TB HDD 1Gbps Unmetered for me though, so if I had that budget, I would probably choose that one instead.
    This time, I went with Ginernet (yes, not in France as I wanted, but surprisingly good ping), but my post is still relevant, as I do still need a French VPS with these specs.
    My budget is 5EUR, but as I said, "around 5EUR", so under 10 should be fine too, but only if it has a reason to cost that much.

Isn't that Andy10gbit offering unavailable from like a year?

• @isthiscreaiv said:
    Unfortunately their port speed is not enough... Even if I select the additional speed package, the upload is limited to 200Mbps. Does anyone know some that have 1Gbps upload? I can increase my budget a bit if the other specs are also quite better.

Other than Oxide, The only other host I can think of is ExtraVM @MikeA

Thanked by 1isthiscreaiv
  • Why is Wishosting not mentioned here? @exception0x876

Have a look here: https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

(I don't have a vps with them, so others might add more information about Wishosting)

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • @OhJohn said:
    Why is Wishosting not mentioned here? @exception0x876

Have a look here: https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

(I don't have a vps with them, so others might add more information about Wishosting)

The servers on the page you linked only seem to have 250 Mbps upload. The OP is asking for a 1Gbps port.

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • conceptconcept Member
    edited February 2023

I forgot to add if you care more about 1gbit unmetered in FR then it being located in OVH Gravelines, look at Dyjix/Adkynet

Thanked by 1isthiscreaiv
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@isthiscreaiv said:

@concept said:
    I would recommend Oxide hosting, they've been great for me. They are unmetered bw. They have vpses in stock at OVH Gravelines.

Most of OVH dedicated servers are limited to 250/500 Mbps upload speed. You can buy an upgrade but it is not worth it most of the time so it is quite rare to find 1Gbps upload with OVH resellers. However, if you are willing to up your budget, take a look at OVH VPS line, the higher range servers have 1Gbps bandwidth - https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/vps/

@OhJohn said:
    Why is Wishosting not mentioned here? @exception0x876

Thanks for the mention :)

• @AXYZE said:

@isthiscreaiv said:

@fredo1664 said:
    Sorry, not so helpful.

Isn't that Andy10gbit offering unavailable from like a year?

Not sure as I haven't ordered from him, but the discord message is edited 4 days ago, so it might be available maybe? Or it maybe was when edited.

• @concept said:

@isthiscreaiv said:

Other than Oxide, The only other host I can think of is ExtraVM @MikeA

I like that they use Ryzens) I remember finding them while searching around a day ago, but I couldn't order because the PayPal button did nothing, maybe it was my browser though, as now it seems fine. I will try them out soon for sure even though it's 500mbps upload. It seems to be the best option so far in that region.

• @concept said:
    I forgot to add if you care more about 1gbit unmetered in FR then it being located in OVH Gravelines, look at Dyjix/Adkynet

Do you know if AdKyNet has looking glass?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@isthiscreaiv said:

@concept said:

@isthiscreaiv said:

My France VPS use the OVH Game line, those are all limited to 500Mbps max outgoing. The benefit is better DDoS filtering.

• @isthiscreaiv said:
    Do you know if AdKyNet has looking glass?

They don't have a public looking glass but AdkyNet is just a reseller of Dyjix and they list their AS212815 so you can find one of their IP from there.

• Not very good latency unfortunately. Interesting option though.

• I have also found BlueVPS, they have quite good prices and offer "1Gbps port" in Gravelines. But there's no mention of upload or download, so I will have to ask them if it's upload too or not.

• @isthiscreaiv said:
    I have also found BlueVPS, they have quite good prices and offer "1Gbps port" in Gravelines. But there's no mention of upload or download, so I will have to ask them if it's upload too or not.

better to avoid bluevps!
    its my advice

• @laser333 said:

@isthiscreaiv said:
    I have also found BlueVPS, they have quite good prices and offer "1Gbps port" in Gravelines. But there's no mention of upload or download, so I will have to ask them if it's upload too or not.

better to avoid bluevps!
    its my advice

Did you have a bad experience with them? Can you share more details?