Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup Billing Question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup Billing Question

jolo22jolo22 Member
edited February 2023 in General

Hello,

I have a question about Netcup billing.

I ordered the VPS 200 G10s iv for 3.25 EUR. But when I got the invoice. I saw that the price tripled. I also noticed that the quantity is set to 6 but I only ordered 1 VPS from them, then I also saw the billing period is every 6 months. Does this mean that the invoice that I will be paying will be good for 6 months right? And also I don't live in Germany, yet they still impose that 19% VAT, is that normal? Just need some clarification. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Yes, the service can be cancelled anytime and they will refund you remaining months/hours. The 19% VAT is also for all customers.

• Yes, the billing period is every 6 months:

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2991

And yes, private customers from outside of the EU are expected to pay German VAT at netcup

• @loay said:
    Yes, the service can be cancelled anytime and they will refund you remaining months/hours. The 19% VAT is also for all customers.

Ahh I see, Thank you! Will evaluate their services first to see if the performance and the network is good.

@angstrom said:
    Yes, the billing period is every 6 months:

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2991

And yes, private customers from outside of the EU are expected to pay German VAT at netcup

Ohh okay, It's kinda weird for me that I need to pay German VAT even outside the EU. Thank you!

Thanked by 1loay
  • I have a tax-free account of netcup. :D

• loayloay Member

@ptervip said: I have a tax-free account of netcup.

How? Can I contact their support to have this too?

• It's impossible. You need the company's relevant documents to prove it. It's very strict.> @loay said:

Thanked by 1loay
  • @ptervip said:
    It's impossible. You need the company's relevant documents to prove it. It's very strict.> @loay said:

Where is your company located? Germany?

• kaitkait Member

Quantity being 6 is super confusing.

• @ptervip said:
    I have a tax-free account of netcup. :D

Nice! I also contacted them about that and said that they will remove VAT on my future billing statement (after 6 months). I don't live in Germany nor in the EU anyway.

• @kait said:
    Quantity being 6 is super confusing.

It is indeed, but the support explained it to me and I understood it. But they really need to show the billing period in a different approach. Many people will think that they bought 6 VPS when in fact that it is the billing period (I know I am hahaha).

Thanked by 1kait
  • loayloay Member

@jolo22 said: Nice! I also contacted them about that and said that they will remove VAT on my future billing statement (after 6 months). I don't live in Germany nor in the EU anyway.

Thank you! I should contact them too.

Thanked by 1jolo22
  • i saw RS 1000 G9.5 as 1 month contract and 1 month billing so for this also i have to pay 6 month in advance?

• loayloay Member

@sreekanth850 said:
    i saw RS 1000 G9.5 as 1 month contract and 1 month billing so for this also i have to pay 6 month in advance?

No, you will pay for the 1 month and you can cancel it at the end of this billing period. You'll find the option to do so from the control panel.

• @loay said: No, you will pay for the 1 month and you can cancel it at the end of this billing period. You'll find the option to do so from the control panel.

Was worried as lot of people complaining about the same. Right now using contabo vps but it sucks royally. let me try this one.

Thanked by 1loay