Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloudVPS - 2 VPS for transfer in Frankfurt
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloudVPS - 2 VPS for transfer in Frankfurt

Hi. I have 2 VPS with GreenCloudVPS available for transfer, both in Frankfurt. They are awesome but the disks are too small and I have migrated to a large VPS since I am using Seafile to sync quite a bit of data.

VPS 1:

• 2 cores
  • 4 GB of RAM
  • 35 GB of SSD storage
  • 4 TB of Bandwidth
    Next due: $25 per year on January 22, 2024 (11 months left out of a yearly contract)
    Price of transfer: $18 to be paid via PayPal

VPS 2:

• 4 cores
  • 8 GB of RAM
  • 60 GB of SSD storage
  • 8 TB of Bandwidth
    Next due: $45 per year on January 24, 2024 (11 months left out of a yearly contract)
    Price of transfer: $38 to be paid via PayPal

If interested, write a comment to reserve the server(s) and then contact me in DM to arrange the transfer. Cheers

Thanked by 1loay

Comments

• again!?

Thanked by 3Ympker noisycode ariq01
  • Right again?

• @JabJab said:
    again!?

@TrK said:
    Right again?

any problems with that?

• The disks are too small, otherwise I would keep them.

• @vitobotta said:

@JabJab said:
    again!?

@TrK said:
    Right again?

any problems with that?

Why would i have problem with that, it's just aren't you like transferring a bunch of services for cheap. :lol:

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Are you aware that GreenCloudVPS charges $10 billing service fee for each outgoing transfer since your third?
    I suppose you would cover this fee, otherwise buyer can just order new one from the provider.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Posting YABS to show more info might help

• @TrK said:

@vitobotta said:

@JabJab said:
    again!?

@TrK said:
    Right again?

any problems with that?

Why would i have problem with that, it's just aren't you like transferring a bunch of services for cheap. :lol:

I know. With the 4c/8g I was using Nextcloud and storage was not a problem because I was using S3 (iDrive e2) for Nextcloud as storage, but Nextcloud is crap so I switched to Seafile. Seafile is better at syncing in general, but to maximize performance I prefer using a local disk instead of S3, and that server has only 60GB of storage while I am syncing a few 100s already. Adding storage is not convenient at $10 per 10GB or something like that. At the moment I am using a VPS from SSDNodes which I mentioned in another thread, as it was crazy cheap with a lot of storage.

Thanked by 1raza19
  • @yoursunny said:
    Are you aware that GreenCloudVPS charges $10 billing service fee for each outgoing transfer since your third?
    I suppose you would cover this fee, otherwise buyer can just order new one from the provider.

Yeah I know. I'm not happy about it but what can I do. I'll cover the fee.

@aqua said:
    Posting YABS to show more info might help

I will do it as soon as I can but am looking into a work issue right now so will have to do it later

• @vitobotta said: At the moment I am using a VPS from SSDNodes

I heard of them before but seems like a little too much overselling imo, if not i might try them.

• davidedavide Member
    edited February 2023

At least I'm not alone complaining about GreenCloud small disk sizes and overpriced disk upgrades. So far I haven't found any UK/EU provider with reasonably priced mid-range offers in the 80÷120 GB range. On the other hand there's plenty of American hosts with largish SSD-cached HDD storage.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@davide said:
    So far I haven't found any UK/EU provider with reasonably priced mid-range offers in the 80÷120 GB range.

Enlarge your diks with ServerFactory aff.
    2 EPYC cores and 8GB RAM and 100GB NVMe for €7/month.
    Price is comparable to GreenCloudVPS EPYC-3, but trading some cores for dik enlargement.
    non aff

• davidedavide Member
    edited February 2023

I'm totally hijacking @vitobotta's thread but it's for a good cause :) (and free UPs)

@yoursunny, I checked it, it's a pricey offer :|
    With this 35 GB GreenCloud VPS I have a few more months of runway before I crash into disk problems. Best case scenario GreenCloud will overhaul their disk offerings by then. Otherwise I'll be noting down good offers as I notice them, and I'll be in the market for a different VPS provider.

---- Edit ----

Hypothetical (cheap) solution:
    1. rent one GreenCloud VPS in the EU for $15/year with small storage,
    2. rent one EthernetServers VPS in New Jersey for $19.95/year, 80 GB SSD (i.e. this offer)

Then link the two storages together (i.e. NFS). Total price: $35/year.
    It's only a hypothetical solution and has its problems, but IMHO it's absurd that anything from the EU has to be so overpriced compared to American offers.

Thanked by 1loay
  • VPS1 is one. VPS 2 (4cores, 8GB) is still available

• @vitobotta said:
    VPS1 is one. VPS 2 (4cores, 8GB) is still available

Hello, the bandwidth of the 4c VPS is 8TB @ 1Gbps? Thanks for the reply.

• @alias said:

@vitobotta said:
    VPS1 is one. VPS 2 (4cores, 8GB) is still available

Hello, the bandwidth of the 4c VPS is 8TB @ 1Gbps? Thanks for the reply.

The port speed is actually 10Gb not 1 ;)

• @vitobotta can you please yabs the vps2.

• Second one gone too