Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any alternatives to Hetzner for Germany location dedicated servers with BYOIP support?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any alternatives to Hetzner for Germany location dedicated servers with BYOIP support?

Hi,

I'm basically looking for a place in Germany location where we can get a 5950X similar to Hetzner's AX101 plan (5950X, 128GB, 2x2TB NVMe) with BYOIP support because Hetzner is renting it for 1.7 Euros per IP whereas you can rent your own IP range, like a /24 for 125 Euros a month which is about 0.5 Euros per IP.

I guess this is a very long shot considering the Hetzner's dedicated prices I guess it is still cheaper to go with them and their IP address pricing but I still wanted to shoot my shot here in case anyone knows a place as cheap as Hetzner with BYOIP support which would be cheaper than Hetzner for us when combined with the BYOIP.

Thanks!

Thanked by 1exp82

Comments

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2023

active-servers.com

Used them, nice support, supports BYOIP ( i think), and has reasonably priced IP addresses (especially /24 for like 170 EUR p/m)

• worldstream?

• @skorupion said:
    active-servers.com

Used them, nice support, supports BYOIP ( i think), and has reasonably priced IP addresses (especially /24 for like 170 EUR p/m)

From my understanding these guys seem more expensive than Hetzner when compared even if you BYOIP. If you make a setup similar to AX101 using the configurator in their website it comes down to about 150EUR a month. Plus if you add let's say a /26 BYOIP with $0.5 each, it becomes about $175 a month. Whereas with AX101 and a /26 from Hetzner, it would cost around $160 a month. Kinda similar but I wouldn't want to deal with BYOIP just for a $15 difference.

• @TrK said:
    worldstream?

They don't seem to have any Ryzen servers let alone 5950X.

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@anbelevebel said:
    Hi,

I'm basically looking for a place in Germany location where we can get a 5950X similar to Hetzner's AX101 plan (5950X, 128GB, 2x2TB NVMe) with BYOIP support because Hetzner is renting it for 1.7 Euros per IP whereas you can rent your own IP range, like a /24 for 125 Euros a month which is about 0.5 Euros per IP.

I guess this is a very long shot considering the Hetzner's dedicated prices I guess it is still cheaper to go with them and their IP address pricing but I still wanted to shoot my shot here in case anyone knows a place as cheap as Hetzner with BYOIP support which would be cheaper than Hetzner for us when combined with the BYOIP.

Thanks!

Hi! We can offer you something, how many machines and Announcements do you need?

• @PHP_Friends said:

@anbelevebel said:
    Hi,

Thanks!

Hi! We can offer you something, how many machines and Announcements do you need?

We will start with one 5950X server (with 128GB RAM and 2x2TB NVMe) and a /24. We will go up to about 12 servers per /24 over time.

@anbelevebel said:

@skorupion said:
    active-servers.com

From my understanding these guys seem more expensive than Hetzner when compared even if you BYOIP. If you make a setup similar to AX101 using the configurator in their website it comes down to about 150EUR a month. Plus if you add let's say a /26 BYOIP with $0.5 each, it becomes about $175 a month. Whereas with AX101 and a /26 from Hetzner, it would cost around $160 a month. Kinda similar but I wouldn't want to deal with BYOIP just for a $15 difference.

You are talking about renting a /24 & obv you need more than 1 server. In which case it is worth it.

• @skorupion said:

@anbelevebel said:

@skorupion said:
    active-servers.com

You are talking about renting a /24 & obv you need more than 1 server. In which case it is worth it.

How about somehow routing our IP block to Hetzner? Would that be somehow possible? Maybe with a 3rd-party integration or something.

edited February 2023

@anbelevebel said:

@skorupion said:

@anbelevebel said:

@skorupion said:
    active-servers.com

How about somehow routing our IP block to Hetzner? Would that be somehow possible? Maybe with a 3rd-party integration or something.

GRE tunnel would be your friend. @Advin did something like this, just adds like 5-10 ms of latency

• it is very difficult to find dedicated server providers in Germany with the same price as hetzner,

• XxikuXxiku Member

Worldstream is good ?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Xxiku said:
    Worldstream is good ?

Yes, but your 51-line signature is bad.

Thanked by 1tjn