Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YABS for Netcup VPS 200 G10s
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

YABS for Netcup VPS 200 G10s

O0oooO0ooo Member
edited February 2023 in General

Grabbed one several hours ago and here is the YABS.
I am wondering if the 4K io speed of the disk is normal? It seems a bit slow. Is there anyone who has the same vps out there? If so, let me know your YABS.

Thanked by 2loay SiliCloud

Comments

• They limit you to 10k.

• @CalmDown said:
    They limit you to 10k.

Is that normal?

• @O0ooo said:

@CalmDown said:
    They limit you to 10k.

Is that normal?

Even if I do not know your use case, i will say you will be fine and won't see any problem in performance.

• O0oooO0ooo Member
    edited February 2023

@CalmDown said:

@O0ooo said:

@CalmDown said:
    They limit you to 10k.

Is that normal?

Even if I do not know your use case, i will say you will be fine and won't see any problem in performance.

The performance overall is good given the price(less than 3 EUR per month). I ask this just because I saw faster 4k io speed according to YABS for some more expensive Netcup vps posted by other users on Lowendtalk. Since from my past experience, some cloud providers(eg. Hetzner) just offer the same io speed no matter what your plans are.

• For reference this is a VPS 2000 G10 I recently got and haven't decided yet if to keep it or not. It has more cores and memory but the disk performance looks much better than yours regardless of the size of the servers. @CalmDown it doesn't seem like mine is limited to 10K IOPS

root@v2202302194206220058:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -r
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Wed 22 Feb 2023 03:31:49 PM CET

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 8 minutes
    Processor  : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
    CPU cores  : 8 @ 1996.249 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 11.7 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 314.8 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
    Kernel     : 4.19.0-23-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 102.74 MB/s  (25.6k) | 1.03 GB/s    (16.2k)
    Write      | 103.01 MB/s  (25.7k) | 1.04 GB/s    (16.3k)
    Total      | 205.76 MB/s  (51.4k) | 2.08 GB/s    (32.5k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 3.33 GB/s     (6.5k) | 3.57 GB/s     (3.4k)
    Write      | 3.50 GB/s     (6.8k) | 3.81 GB/s     (3.7k)
    Total      | 6.84 GB/s    (13.3k) | 7.38 GB/s     (7.2k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 934 Mbits/sec   | 938 Mbits/sec   | 21.9 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 937 Mbits/sec   | 950 Mbits/sec   | 23.8 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 463 Mbits/sec   | 451 Mbits/sec   | 90.5 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 920 Mbits/sec   | 929 Mbits/sec   | 22.1 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 801 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 38.4 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 396 Mbits/sec   | 222 Mbits/sec   | 90.5 ms

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 814
    Multi Core      | 3642
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/20715975

YABS completed in 6 min 11 sec

Thanked by 2loay O0ooo
  • @vitobotta That depends on the node. Some of them are limited (don't know why). I was facing such an issue same with their root plans, and indeed support confirmed that they do "limit".

Thanked by 1O0ooo
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited February 2023

IO limit w netcup is tied to RAM or storage space. Bigger servers always have way better limits.

@O0ooo For $3.25/mo with hourly billing you got 4K block total speed 9.5K, whereas Contabo SSD for $10+/mo is just 2.6K.
    9.5K is really not bad, there's not a lot of situation when you will notice it.
    Do you really deal with 5000x+ reads per second of small 4kB portions of files / such small files?
    It could matter for databases, but not with 2C+2G combo - you will hit these limits first.

Contabo limits to 2.6K on 4C-10C 8GB-60GB RAM, its completely different story. Don't worry about 9.5K on 2C+2G.

You've got 40TB limit, very usable NVMe speeds, 2C+2G for $3.25/mo with hourly billing, its crazy good deal.

• O0oooO0ooo Member
    edited February 2023

@AXYZE

You've got 40TB limit, very usable NVMe speeds, 2C+2G for $3.25/mo with hourly billing, its crazy good deal.

It's 80TB Traffic :#

Thanked by 1loay
  • In terms of performance, IMO even with 4-5K IOPS you can do a lot of stuff if you are not obsessed with pure numbers. For example I have run Kubernetes clusters in Hetzner Cloud for a while and used their block storage service for persistent volumes in Kubernetes. That block storage is capped at 7.5K IOPS and 300MB/sec transfer read/write, and I have run databases with quite a bit of load on them with no problems in performance at all. So I think 4-5K IOPS are fine for regular, not too heavy usage.

Thanked by 2loay maverick
  • @vitobotta said:
    In terms of performance, IMO even with 4-5K IOPS you can do a lot of stuff if you are not obsessed with pure numbers. For example I have run Kubernetes clusters in Hetzner Cloud for a while and used their block storage service for persistent volumes in Kubernetes. That block storage is capped at 7.5K IOPS and 300MB/sec transfer read/write, and I have run databases with quite a bit of load on them with no problems in performance at all. So I think 4-5K IOPS are fine for regular, not too heavy usage.

Thanks for your reply.

• @O0ooo said:
    @AXYZE

It's 80TB Traffic :#

Even better, G9 was 40TB ;p

• bartzbartz Member

Does netcup vps line has port 25 open?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@bartz said:
    Does netcup vps line has port 25 open?

Yes

(But spammers will be shown no mercy)

Congrats on your second post