Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XhostFire service troubles
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

XhostFire service troubles

A little over a year ago I reported on what appeared to be an extended prefix outage (no announced route covering one or more VPS nodes in KR) by XhostFire. XhostFire outage, December 2021.

There was also an unrelated thread in 2022 foreshadowing more problems to come.

My services eventually returned and more than enough credit was provided about a year ago and things seemed to fine until August 2022, when the same missing route problem returned, lasting approximately two weeks. A ticket went unanswered, but services eventually came back.

Again, things were fine until late December 2022 when yet again the covering prefix disappeared from the global Internet routing table. As of this date, the covering prefix, the same one I originally reported in 2021 has not been announced since. RIPE's view of 45.249.90.0/24 announcement history.

A ticket submitted in late December 2022 has gone unanswered. @deployvm, a LET member and HostRep for XhostFire was last active on April 2022.

I have one node that has been running on credit for awhile so this is really no big loss for me. This post is just a cautionary one for posterity and potential customers who may find it in a due diligence search of provider history.

Thanked by 2webcraft fixxation