Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo Starts New DC Construction in Europe – Special Promotion
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo Starts New DC Construction in Europe – Special Promotion

contabo_mcontabo_m Member, Patron Provider
edited February 2023 in Offers

We're expanding our German quality and great prices! To better serve our European customers, we're building our brand-new Data Center in Lauterbourg on the French-German border. And to celebrate that, we’ve prepared a special promotion for you.

The new location will provide excellent connectivity throughout Europe, and the DC will have space for around 50k servers with enhanced redundancy for uninterrupted performance. It will be powered by 100% green energy, and we plan to have it ready for customers in 2024. To celebrate this, we're giving away extra storage for each new purchased VPS and lowering prices for additional drives on VDS and Dedicated Servers. Don't miss out on the promotion! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for updates on the construction progress.

Comments

• Already posted

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited February 2023

interesting math: 400 x2 = 600 ? :lol:

edit: just to be clear, it claims double storage, same price directly on the page and order form:

• Can i host TOR relay/bridge on your VPSes?

• @Falzo said:
    interesting math: 400 x2 = 600 ? :lol:

edit: just to be clear, it claims double storage, same price directly on the page and order form:

My window says "more storage, same price"

Thanked by 2Falzo contabo_m
  • Who will post the first yabs from this DC?:D

• @Falzo said: interesting math: 400 x2 = 600 ?

Seems like double storage is for NVMe only, for SSD is mere few % upgrade :D

Thanked by 3loay Falzo Ympker
  • @ascicode said:

@Falzo said:

My window says "more storage, same price"

yeah I've taken that from the english page. the german indeed says 'mehr speicher' instead.

Thanked by 1contabo_m
  • contabo_mcontabo_m Member, Patron Provider

@SirNeo said:
    Can i host TOR relay/bridge on your VPSes?

In general, our servers are unmanaged root servers. Our customers have exclusive access to their servers. Provided that there are no violations against German law or our ToS (Terms of Service) we do not check what you are using your server for.

In case of complaints against a server, we will contact the customer, ask for his statement and work together to find a solution. So far, we have made good experiences with this approach.

• @contabo_m said:

@SirNeo said:

In general, our servers are unmanaged root servers. Our customers have exclusive access to their servers. Provided that there are no violations against German law or our ToS (Terms of Service) we do not check what you are using your server for.

In case of complaints against a server, we will contact the customer, ask for his statement and work together to find a solution. So far, we have made good experiences with this approach.

In other words: It’s maybe allowed.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2023

@emgh said:

@contabo_m said:

@SirNeo said:

In other words: It’s maybe allowed.

In other words: no legal advice.
    Fair game until a complaint against you is issued. If it is issued, it will be treated respective to german law.
    Consult a german lawyer if uncertain. yourexpert.de, justanswer.de, frageinenanwalt.de

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited February 2023

@SirNeo said:

Wont be a problem.
    However they may limit your bandwidth per their FUP policy.
    You will likely end on 100Mbps link which would be very small compared to what specs of a vps you have.

I would look for a different provider that has more flexible FUP policy.
    You should be able to find something in this price range that would allow you to send at least 250Mbps constantly.

I ran a Tor relay/middle on Combahton for over a year, not a single complaint about bandwidth usage(and at times I was pulling 100TB both ways per month).
    Their CPU's aren't the best, but you should be able to run a 35MB/s relay easily.(it applies to every plan since Tor is single threaded, but I would recommend 2 cores at least - so one core can be utilized by the system).
    However their Anti-DDoS may give you issues, ratelimitting is all over the place and you will hit bogus "threshold limits" - I would recommend disabling their anti-ddos entirely if possible.

That said, Combahton/Fastpipe should be fine for a Tor relay - but from my personal experience, I would not recommend them for production(neither Contabo/Hetz/any german provider).

Thanked by 1SirNeo
  • contabo_mcontabo_m Member, Patron Provider

@contabo_m said:

@SirNeo said:

Feel free to read it here, TOR is mentioned there, by the way:
    https://contabo.com/en/legal/terms-and-conditions/

• alt_alt_ Member
    edited February 2023

Congrats! Have great selling.

• michae1michae1 Member
    edited February 2023

@contabo_m Good offer! When does this promo end?
    For private networking within the same location, does it count for outgoing bandwidth?
    Does the private networking work in different location? For example between UK and SYD?

• If you adjust the bandwidth to 1g or above, and the traffic is 120t, similar to netcup, then your sales will definitely take off! The main disadvantage now is the installation fee, and then there is only 200M bandwidth in 2023? This isn't 2003 anymore!

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog