Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH - Kimsufi - KS-LE-1 available again - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH - Kimsufi - KS-LE-1 available again

Comments

• @Hecbert said:
    So can I use this to stream 4k remuxes using ipv6 without crossing the 100 mbps limit?

Yesno

• Their service is the worst I have ever encountered. The customer service is arrogant and rude, and they like to ban accounts casually. It is really incomprehensible that such a company still has customers. Compared with HETZNER's services and products, the difference is too much.

Thanked by 1maverick
  • @rm_ said:

@maverick said: 100x faster networking

100*100 = 10G, so how much of the 10G bandwidth can you use, before expending your limit or getting kicked for abuse? On OVH you can use the port 24x7 with no issue whatsoever (30 TB is doable).

@maverick said: if you need just a little bit of network traffic

So you should reconsider in which offer you get "a little" of network traffic and in which a sizable amount.

@maverick said: I do still wonder, when will OVH networking reach this decade/century and what actually went wrong there? Is it so much more expensive to give 1G on dedicated servers, like other providers do for years now, why go so low as 100 mbps?

Which providers give unmetered 1G on dedis for 15-20 EUR?

https://oneprovider.com/

• @Hecbert said:
    So can I use this to stream 4k remuxes using ipv6 without crossing the 100 mbps limit?

If you control the player software then yes. E.g. Kodi allows to set a large enough buffer via advanced settings that 4K remuxes can play on a 100mbit connection

• @DrMon said:

@fredo1664 said:

@DrMon said:
    I tried to order one, but I'm on the 48 hour verification wait. I'm pretty sure by the time they approve the order I'll have missed out. Oh well, fingers crossed.

Well it's no longer available, following the link and on checkservers.ovh, so I wouldn't be too optimistic indeed.

I'm still wondering about @darkimmortal 's post above concerning the possibility to access the IPMI on some Kimsufi boards?

Uh oh. Well I guess it comes down to whether they reserved on for me already, or if they only reserve post validation. Will report back.

Update: They approved and allocated me a machine! Looks like they did keep one in reserve for me. Woo!

• @DrMon said:

@DrMon said:

@fredo1664 said:

@DrMon said:
    I tried to order one, but I'm on the 48 hour verification wait. I'm pretty sure by the time they approve the order I'll have missed out. Oh well, fingers crossed.

Well it's no longer available, following the link and on checkservers.ovh, so I wouldn't be too optimistic indeed.

I'm still wondering about @darkimmortal 's post above concerning the possibility to access the IPMI on some Kimsufi boards?

Uh oh. Well I guess it comes down to whether they reserved on for me already, or if they only reserve post validation. Will report back.

Update: They approved and allocated me a machine! Looks like they did keep one in reserve for me. Woo!

Think u got my cancelled one...
    Disks should be practically new

• @plumberg said:

@DrMon said:

@DrMon said:

@fredo1664 said:

@DrMon said:

Think u got my cancelled one...
    Disks should be practically new

Oh, that could be possible. I see the drives have only had 23 power cycles.
    Did you end up cancelling because you could not access IPMI?

• @DrMon said:

IPMI is one, but major issue was the location. I honestly had second thoughts. Being on US East coast, Id prefer Canada vs EU...

• @plumberg said:

@DrMon said:

IPMI is one, but major issue was the location. I honestly had second thoughts. Being on US East coast, Id prefer Canada vs EU...

I got one in Canada and one now in France. Just uploading stuff there today. I'm in West Coast US.

• You guys know how this OVH ordering system works? Ordered & paid but still pending.

• @stoned said:

@plumberg said:

@DrMon said:

I got one in Canada and one now in France. Just uploading stuff there today. I'm in West Coast US.

Hmm. I missed the boat for Canada last year

• @Sanjue007 said:
    You guys know how this OVH ordering system works? Ordered & paid but still pending.

That's typical

• @stoned said:

@plumberg said:

@DrMon said:

If ya thinking of letting Canada go, I'd like to try if they allow transfers ... ovh you never know can be surprisingly helpful sometimes.

Thnx

• @adns said:
    I installed a few KS with debootstrap on GPT disk with a BIOS boot partition (EF02) but my latest KS-LE-1 not booting from these disks. Is it it possible that motherboard not tolerates the GPT with protective MBR and must use MBR partition scheme? If yes, how can I install grub to the disk's master boot record?

I've been tearing my hair out with this - on my two machines, same mobo, one is booting fine from GPT - the other seems to only want to boot from MBR.

• @Peppery9 said:

@adns said:
    I installed a few KS with debootstrap on GPT disk with a BIOS boot partition (EF02) but my latest KS-LE-1 not booting from these disks. Is it it possible that motherboard not tolerates the GPT with protective MBR and must use MBR partition scheme? If yes, how can I install grub to the disk's master boot record?

I've been tearing my hair out with this - on my two machines, same mobo, one is booting fine from GPT - the other seems to only want to boot from MBR.

Hmm thx, good to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem:D
    I bet that if I open a ticket support might not help regarding this problem...
    I found a solution to install debian with MBR, it boots well. If you stuck I gladly explain how to do this.

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited February 2023

Actually I added KS-LE in the cart and didn't complete the checkout 2 days ago. next morning the server appeared in my servers as if I completed entire checkout.

Anyway, come with very new 2xSSD 960GB. nothing to complain except network is just horrible in RBX unlike 2 years ago.

• @mrclown said:
    Actually I added KS-LE in the cart and didn't complete the checkout 2 days ago. next morning the server appeared in my servers as if I completed entire checkout.

That's a serious bug.

• @fredo1664 said:
    Countdown before someone orders a KS-LE based on the reported 1Gbps up/down and then proceeds to open a thread full of rage when in 2 months OVH reverts it to 100Mps.

BF KS-LE-1s have been online for some time now so I guess it happened to you with those?

• @covent said:

@fredo1664 said:
    Countdown before someone orders a KS-LE based on the reported 1Gbps up/down and then proceeds to open a thread full of rage when in 2 months OVH reverts it to 100Mps.

BF KS-LE-1s have been online for some time now so I guess it happened to you with those?

Not me but I remember some people came on LET to bitch about OVH when their one million Gbps up/down 15€ KS-LE got reverted to the advertised 100 Mb.

Thanked by 2darkimmortal xetsys
  • @fredo1664 said:

@covent said:

@fredo1664 said:

Not me but I remember some people came on LET to bitch about OVH when their one million Gbps up/down 15€ KS-LE got reverted to the advertised 100 Mb.

May be it's(OVH) their marketing strategy.

• @Sanjue007 said:

@fredo1664 said:

@covent said:

@fredo1664 said:

May be it's(OVH) their marketing strategy.

Doesn't matter. At the end they can and will claim as long as it supports 100mbps they are delivering the promised contract.

So it's on users to not get pissed if speeds are renegotiated by the provider

• @fredo1664 said:

@covent said:

@fredo1664 said:

Are their IPv6 speeds caped too or only the IPv4? I didn't see them. I think that the speed changes related to network equipment changes or updates that mentioned on OVH status site. Till the IPv6 keeps the 1/1 Gbps this offer is very decent if the budget slow but the tinkeling predisposition is high.

• @adns said:

@Peppery9 said:

@adns said:

I found a solution to install debian with MBR, it boots well. If you stuck I gladly explain how to do this.

I had the same bet but I did it anyway. Support suggested I check the BIOS settings via IPMI. Very helpful :)

Thanked by 1adns
  • @Peppery9 said:

@adns said:

@Peppery9 said:

@adns said:

I had the same bet but I did it anyway. Support suggested I check the BIOS settings via IPMI. Very helpful :)

you have IPMI access?

• If anyone wants to get rid of one of these, let me know

• @stoned said:

@plumberg said:

@DrMon said:

How were you able to buy one? They do not have this listed on the USA website. I opened a ticket and they told me it is not available for USA...

• @vertin said:

@stoned said:

@plumberg said:

@DrMon said:

How were you able to buy one? They do not have this listed on the USA website. I opened a ticket and they told me it is not available for USA...

I believe from actual bf sales 2022

• @plumberg said:

@vertin said:

@stoned said:

@plumberg said:

@DrMon said:

I believe from actual bf sales 2022

Yes, from BF2022 Canada and just now France.

• Got a weird response from them for my pending order.KS-LE 1

Thank you for contacting us.

I would like to inform you that the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) for the dedicated server from the order 18600xxxx is 2023-04-19.

• @Sanjue007 said:
    Got a weird response from them for my pending order.KS-LE 1

Thank you for contacting us.

I would like to inform you that the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) for the dedicated server from the order 18600xxxx is 2023-04-19.

I wouldn't call it weird. It's as clear and crisp as it could be... your server will be delivered by April 19, 2023... you are lucky.

Thanked by 1Sanjue007