Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud technologies and recommendations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud technologies and recommendations

bbn12bbn12 Member
edited February 2023 in General

hey guys, what do companies use nowadays for cloud deployments/offerings to end-clientele? I know Solusvm that's more like VPS tech, proxmox that can be scripted etc... then comes opennebula, openstack and others.

I am looking for multi-regions and offering KVM cloud VMs... where clients can launch new vms and delete existing ones in real-time etc.... I am not looking at some crazy multi-million software based network switch setups in each site each costing 200k+/piece and with wait period now of 1+ years and so on... Common sense applies... thanks!

ps. we will have our own IP space/subnets + ASN... using colo providers.. maybe some cross-connects if it makes sense in longer run... own servers and switches (Cisco and Arista) of course

Thanked by 1SiliCloud

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I think many larger "cloud platforms" are leveraging Openstack.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@VirtFusion I remember they wanted to add something per hour based. I'll let Phill take over if they are thinking about this feature.

• Thanks for your recommendations!

• @skorupion said:
    @VirtFusion I remember they wanted to add something per hour based. I'll let Phill take over if they are thinking about this feature.

It’s pretty much ready. It includes packs of resources and also hourly.

The WHMCS addon will be out this week for top ups.