Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for high bandwidth VPS in Ashburn/DC for VPN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for high bandwidth VPS in Ashburn/DC for VPN

Hello everyone, I am looking for a VPS with high bandwidth within the Northern VA/DC area. Not interested in any other locations at all. This will be used for a private VPN, the occasional torrent notice may come through, this won't be common, but I can't promise it will never happen, so I can't use any strict providers such as Hetzner. Looking for at least a few TB bandwidth, but unlimited, or an insanely high limit (like 20 TB), would be preferred so I never have to worry about hitting limit. Specs of the VPS don't really matter, I just need at least a CPU core, and 256 MB of RAM. The network, location and bandwidth limit is far more important to me then hardware. Thanks all!

Comments

• I would look at HostZealot. Also torrenting on a US VPS is a big no for most hosts.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Sorry if you don't want any other suggestions but honestly you can get a PrivateInternetAccess plan highly discounted occasionally in some places and they have a Washington D.C. location. Torrenting is no problem on them, no bandwidth caps, and I just tested their D.C. location on my end from Texas and was able to max out my connection (300Mbps).

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited February 2023

@MikeA said:
    Sorry if you don't want any other suggestions but honestly you can get a PrivateInternetAccess plan highly discounted occasionally in some places and they have a Washington D.C. location. Torrenting is no problem on them, no bandwidth caps, and I just tested their D.C. location on my end from Texas and was able to max out my connection (300Mbps).

Mullvad and IVPN are more affordable and sane.
    Also have a ton of American locations(including Ashburn).
    Torrenting won't be a problem, and also include port forwarding.

And unlike PIA and other popular vpn's, are not shell corpos operated by one group of people with malicious intents.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2023

If you end up going with a consumer VPN you can check TopCashback to get a shit ton back.
    Nordvpn is 100% back, surfshark is 100%, PIA is 75% back.
    They are legit but can take a while to pay you back. I’ve purchased PIA through them and got 100% back at the time.

By the way, as said before in this thread torrenting on public trackers is a bad idea on a US VPS. Better idea to just use a VPN if you can get away with it.

• Buyvm offers a luxenbourg VPS, which does not set a limit for downloading.It may not be a good VPN option(the network) though...

• @dustinc @RefinedHost @speedypage all have ashburn I guess?

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • @treesmokah said:

@MikeA said:

And unlike PIA and other popular vpn's, are not shell corpos operated by one group of people with malicious intents.

This argument is always a catch22, you cannot be anonymous in any retrospect anywhere in the United States.

• @SirFoxy said:

@treesmokah said:

@MikeA said:

This argument is always a catch22, you cannot be anonymous in any retrospect anywhere in the United States.

You don't have to sell your data to foreign countries :)
    Kape, the owner of PIA and several other VPN's - is a known malware firm that worked/works with Israel.

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • @treesmokah said:

@SirFoxy said:

@treesmokah said:

@MikeA said:

You don't have to sell your data to foreign countries :)
    Kape, the owner of PIA and several other VPN's - is a known malware firm that worked/works with Israel.

Israel is a good friend of the U.S and Selling it to such one would be no big deal. ;)

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

We can do this in our Herndon VA location,. reach out to use at [email protected]

~ SMARTHOST