Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERRAHOST | Colo your server deep underground in Lightedge, Kansas City
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TERRAHOST | Colo your server deep underground in Lightedge, Kansas City

terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

Ever dreamt of colocating your server deep inside a limestone cave in Kansas City? Look no further! We have exactly what you need. We're offering colocation in Lightedge facilitites in Kansas City!

About us:
Terrahost is a hosting provider founded in 2006 located in Sandefjord, Norway. We own and operate our own datacenters in Norway. We also have locations in Amsterdam and Kansas City.

LG:
https://lg.terrahost.com/ - Sandefjord, Norway
https://lg.kc-us.terrahost.com/ - Kansas City, USA
https://lg.ams-nl.terrahost.com/ - Amsterdam, The Netherlands

AS Info: https://bgp.he.net/AS56655
BGP session: Yes, automated through ENIGMA
Recurring: Yes

Transits:
Altibox (Norway)
GTT (Norway, US, Amsterdam)
Lumen (Norway, US, Amsterdam) - soon!
Hurricane Electric (Amsterdam)
Lightedge (US)

IX:
FSIX - Sandefjord (10G)
NIX1 - Oslo (10G)
FIXO - Oslo (100G) - Recently upgraded
DATAIX - Stockholm (20G)
DATAIX-UA - Stockholm (20G)
Global-IX - Stockholm (20G)
SOLIX - Stockholm (10G)
STHIX - Stockholm (10G)
KCIX - Kansas City (10G)
AMS-IX - Amsterdam (100G)
ERA-IX - Amsterdam (100G)

Single server colocation:

1U Colo - 200W (1A 208V) - 1G Unmetered or 100TB @ 10G - $80/mo
2U Colo - 200W (1A 208V) - 1G Unmetered or 100TB @ 10G - $95/mo
3U Colo - 200W (1A 208V) - 1G Unmetered or 100TB @ 10G - $110/mo
4U Colo - 200W (1A 208V) - 1G Unmetered or 100TB @ 10G - $125/mo

$22.5/mo per 100W additional power

Full rack colocation:
48U Rack - 1kW - 1G Unmetered or 100TB @ 10G - $1000/mo (Setup fee $500)

$225/mo per 1kW additional power

Facility details
- Onsite security and NOC staff 24/7/365.
- SSAE 18 SOC 1, 2, and 3 Type II Audited
- Physical security complies with PCI-DSS v3.0 and HIPAA / HITECH
- 2 separate power feeds
- Liebert CRAH & UPS with system-level redundancy and N+1 components
- Power density up to 8.6 kW per rack
- Parallel 600 kW generators

To order please open a ticket or send a PM!

Comments

• nice

• Terrahost is a bit to expensive for me, but damn they are so good with what they provide, such a premium service <3

• I've been watching your offers with strong interest, but I (and probably some other potential customers) am worried about the Epik involvement/investment in your business and potential of impact if something serious happens to Epik.

The ask in a previous thread https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3571770/#Comment_3571770 to shed some light on the involvement (and subsequent risk to any customers) wasn't answered.

If this can be addressed truthfully and tansparently, you might put potential customers at ease and convert people who were otherwise 'sitting on the fence' into paying customers.

• What's the deal with the walls in the pic?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@TimboJones said:
    What's the deal with the walls in the pic?

@terrahost said: limestone cave in Kansas City

It sure reminds of Metro Stations in Stockholm :smiley:

• @DP said:

@TimboJones said:

Looks like spray on anti-inflammable shit. The transition to floor and other flat, recessed walls looks weird.

@TimboJones said:

@DP said:

@TimboJones said:

Looks like spray on anti-inflammable shit. The transition to floor and other flat, recessed walls looks weird.

It's a man-made limestone cave.

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

-----> @TimboJones said:

I can assure you its inside an old limestone mine and its not spray foam :D Been there myself a few times and its a really awesome facility.

A few more pictures:

Thanked by 2treesmokah Abd

Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • @DP said:

Great video, should be included in the offer itself :)

• Limestone cave would be a nice upgrade from a man cave.

• @HowardWolowitz said:
    I've been watching your offers with strong interest, but I (and probably some other potential customers) am worried about the Epik involvement/investment in your business and potential of impact if something serious happens to Epik.

The ask in a previous thread https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3571770/#Comment_3571770 to shed some light on the involvement (and subsequent risk to any customers) wasn't answered.

If this can be addressed truthfully and tansparently, you might put potential customers at ease and convert people who were otherwise 'sitting on the fence' into paying customers.

Most likely they cannot answer for whatever reason(legal, boss says no, etc) as requests for more info about the Epik involvement have often been ignored. You pretty much have to make your own conclusions if you will trust them to handle your owned property in a colo situation it seems.

For me personally I use their dedicated servers and am happy and would recommend it, but would not put my own hardware with them until it is clear on the extent of Epik involvement as I could see Epik going insolvent at some point. Just my opinion 🤷‍♂️

• "exotic colocation"

• @Setsura said:

@HowardWolowitz said:
    I've been watching your offers with strong interest, but I (and probably some other potential customers) am worried about the Epik involvement/investment in your business and potential of impact if something serious happens to Epik.

Most likely they cannot answer for whatever reason(legal, boss says no, etc) as requests for more info about the Epik involvement have often been ignored. You pretty much have to make your own conclusions if you will trust them to handle your owned property in a colo situation it seems.

For me personally I use their dedicated servers and am happy and would recommend it, but would not put my own hardware with them until it is clear on the extent of Epik involvement as I could see Epik going insolvent at some point. Just my opinion 🤷‍♂️

I have talked to them directly and their large customers, everything seems to be all right and if Epik went under - Terra can easily buy back their company.
    As you can clearly tell, they do not have issues with money what so ever and they are opening their 3rd data center in Norway this year.

That's my opinion, I would personally trust them with hardware for colo because I trust their word - and why would you go with any provider for that matter, which you don't trust.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited February 2023

@Setsura said:

@HowardWolowitz said:

I'd agree. At the end of the day I don't want to be the person to take the gamble. There are other vendors out there that don't have these problems or have any information anyways about these kinds of problems that I can pay probably around the same amount to get the same level/quality of service.

I'm fine if others want to be the Guinea pig and go for it, but for me the lack of directly addressing this head-on or responding in some way about it makes it feel like it's shaky ground. Yes I can understand they might be under restrictions or concern, but I'm working off of what information is available publicly and directly from them (not listening to "friend of a friend" or "some random guy on the internet" because they have no incentive in my own wellbeing or success) and the lack of direct information from the vendor addressing this will have me looking elsewhere because standing on unstable ground is not great especially if I can get similar offerings within similar price ranges from other vendors who don't have this as a concern.

Would you rather spend 1000 dollars a month on something that might have some concerns or would you rather spend 1000 dollars a month on something that's comparable with none of this concern (or significantly less). 1000 dollars really isn't a lot but the premise of the message is there.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2023

Anyone else having major network issues in KC right now?

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 7.13 Mbits/sec  | 653 Mbits/sec   | 94.1 ms        
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 1.79 Gbits/sec  | 104 ms         
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 10.4 Mbits/sec  | 1.43 Gbits/sec  | 103 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 12.9 Mbits/sec  | 874 Mbits/sec   | 197 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 25.1 Mbits/sec  | 1.14 Gbits/sec  | 29.2 ms        
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 92.5 Mbits/sec  | 7.97 Gbits/sec  | 10.4 ms        
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 25.3 Mbits/sec  | busy            | 40.9 ms        

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 433 Mbits/sec   | 206 Mbits/sec   | 94.4 ms        
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 71.2 Mbits/sec  | --             
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 455 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 103 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | 799 Mbits/sec   | 197 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 422 Mbits/sec   | 745 Mbits/sec   | 27.7 ms        
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 84.1 Mbits/sec  | busy            | 10.6 ms        
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | busy            | 40.4 ms  

Has been like this since yesterday for us, possibly longer. Support said they'd look into it this weekend but I'm wondering if it's isolated or wider spread.

We put a lot of our public-facing stuff (website mirrors, control panels, DNS cluster, etc) on different networks so not all of our eggs in the same basket, and instead, with different providers. This server hosts our VPS Control Panel and the network performance right now is having a real negative impact on things.

Thanked by 1treesmokah

We're working on it with our vendors :) Sorry for the bad experience.

Thanked by 2MannDude treesmokah
  • kaitkait Member

@terrahost said: We're working on it with our vendors :) Sorry for the bad experience.

Will we know what went wrong?

@kait said:

@terrahost said: We're working on it with our vendors :) Sorry for the bad experience.

Will we know what went wrong?

Yes, seems to be some bad optics on Lumens side. They are working on it.

Thanked by 1kait