Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner lower stock and higher pricing dedicated auction servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner lower stock and higher pricing dedicated auction servers?

It seems that the available dedicated auction servers from Hetzner are declining and prices are higher?

Comments

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

price = demand ÷ supply

Thanked by 1Talistech
  • hetzner = poop

• Yes I noticed this aswell. I got a i9 2x1tb nvme 128 gig ram before christmas for a bit under 60€. Now they start at 80-90€. As @dfroe said its probably low stock and high demand for specific lines.

• So Hetzner is popular :)

• I heard a rumor they may be scaling back servers in Europe due to inflation (parts and wages) and power costs. Possibly un-racking servers, and focusing more on cloud (VPS) and overseas (NA and possibly APAC).

• Also noticed how auction servers are in short supply recently, and quite more expensive than their announced 10% price hike would suggest (more like 20-40%, depending on model). It's also noticeable that several models get all sold out, but occassionaly they replenish the supply, at an even higher prices. As if they try to produce shortage and thus keep higher prices?

Dunno, if they're really unracking them, that makes sense only if they plan to ship them overseas (to USA). They already removed the oldest and most power hungry models from the auction. Remains to be seen where this all leads, time will tell...

• Yeah I have a now rare/extinct SX133 (160TB, W-2245 version) which i would most likely have dropped by now if they were still floating around in the auction

• TBH I was surprised yesterday when I checked the auctions. Prices seem a lot higher than a while a go

• @vitobotta said:
    TBH I was surprised yesterday when I checked the auctions. Prices seem a lot higher than a while a go

What's the difference between hetzner dedis and auctions? New and old?

• @EthanZou said:

@vitobotta said:
    TBH I was surprised yesterday when I checked the auctions. Prices seem a lot higher than a while a go

something like that

• @vitobotta said:

@EthanZou said:

@vitobotta said:

something like that

Hetzner = yes!