Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenAI was revealed to have bought the AI.com domain name for tens of millions of dollars, directly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenAI was revealed to have bought the AI.com domain name for tens of millions of dollars, directly

AI.com, a domain name that is highly symbolic of artificial intelligence, was originally bought by OpenAI.

On February 15 local time, the Domain Investing website reported that OpenAI, the development company behind ChatGPT, may have spent $11 million to acquire the domain name AI.com as early as 2021. Currently, if you enter AI.com, you can jump directly to the website of the chat robot ChatGPT.

Previously, the domain name AI.com was owned by Internet development company Future Media Architects (FMA). However, as early as September 2021, there were media reports that AI.com had been sold by FMA. The deal was handled by domain name economy giant Saw.com, which has been handling domain name sales on behalf of the FMA.

Jeff Gabriel, the founder and CEO of Saw.com, also confirmed the news that AI.com had been sold in 2021, but he did not disclose the buyer's information, only saying that the website was sold to "NFT someone in the field of certification).

Similarly, Gabriel has not announced the sale price of AI.com. According to public information, the previous offer of the domain name was 11 million US dollars.

However, it is still impossible to confirm that OpenAI has indeed acquired AI.com. According to Domain Investing's report, AI.com is hosted by Google, and the privacy protection (Whois privacy) is turned on, so the buyer's information cannot be obtained, while OpenAI.com is hosted by French domain name registrar Gandi. In addition, the DNS server used by AI.com is Cloudflare, while OpenAI uses Microsoft Cloud Azure.

AI is the abbreviation of Artificial Intelligence. Domain names named after "AI" have certain value in the artificial intelligence industry. If OpenAI does buy AI.com, it would be a very smart acquisition, Domain Investing said. "The company has raised a lot of money at a huge valuation, and having a property like AI.com shows its leadership in artificial intelligence."

At present, OpenAI said that it is working hard to reduce the bias and bad information in the ChatGPT system, and it will also allow users to customize the behavior of chatbots in the future.

Thanked by 2default greentea

Comments

• Wonder who bought ai.ai

• The title isn't backed by facts it reports. SMH. Fucking bloggers are shit. But why do people not even proofread their own shit? Everyday, I come across some shit that shows up in my Google News feed and many of the stories have no link to report errors or corrections. So a few typos and it's amateur hour. If your "news" story doesn't include a way to report errors, you're incompetent.

Also, @OP, it's plagiarism to copy and paste a whole article without link or source credit. Now, you're just a Spammer.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

ai.com redirects to ChatGPT

• @jmaxwell said:
    Wonder who bought ai.ai

.ai (yes, without prefix) used to be own by one person, but someone bought it I think.

• @jmaxwell said:
    Wonder who bought ai.ai

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • @alt_ said:

@jmaxwell said:
    Wonder who bought ai.ai

.ai (yes, without prefix) used to be own by one person, but someone bought it I think.

dot.ai is apparently owned by a nigerian payment processor

• alt_alt_ Member
    edited February 2023

@SirFoxy said:

@alt_ said:

@jmaxwell said:
    Wonder who bought ai.ai

dot.ai is apparently owned by a nigerian payment processor

Oh, without dot.

• user123user123 Member
    edited February 2023

@jmaxwell said:
    Wonder who bought ai.ai

Probably a sailor.

• @user123 said:

@jmaxwell said:
    Wonder who bought ai.ai

Probably a sailor.

Aye, that be true

• .ai (yes, without prefix) used to be own by one person, but someone bought it I think.

• I want dot.dot.