Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[contabo.com] My VPS Location: New York Host system: 18369 is down any more to?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[contabo.com] My VPS Location: New York Host system: 18369 is down any more to?

samucamgsamucamg Member
edited February 2023 in General

My vps is down, also VNC, and in my panel, I got "The current status of your VPS can not be retrieved. This does not mean that your VPS is offline."
And Contabo is Asking at least 24 hours to repply my ticket.
Any more else?

Problem with contabo.com
  1. Did you have a problem with Contabo.com?31 votes
    1. Yes! Occasionally.
      25.81%
    2. Yes! Often.
      51.61%
    3. No! Never!
      22.58%

Comments

• I cancelled my Contabo because the network is horrible and CPU steal too high on new EPYC nodes in Dusseldorf. I only manage VPSs for my friends but the network problems and high steal is an everyday problem, when I ask a node change the steal goes up to 30--40 with 1--2% usage after a few days. The high latency values with packet loss and low speeds are problem too. Usualy an SSH login takes seconds...

So I switched to netcup:D if you can accept bureaucracy it is the best for this money.

• After 12 hours I got the first answer:
    Thank you for your patience.

The underplaying Host system of your VPS M NVMe (15x.xx.xx.1xx) is expiring technical issues.

Our technicians are working out to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Excuse us for any inconvenience caused by this.

If you have any questions or need help, please do not hesitate to contact us.

--
    Best regards,

Nikola Trboljevac
    Technical Support

• This is my first incident after almost 10 years as a customer, but I am very concerned about the delay, as it is the server where all my services, websites, billing systems, etc. are located.
    Every off hour is a service I don't sell, and money lost.

• @samucamg said: and money lost

billions lost?

Thanked by 1jazzii
  • @samucamg said: Every off hour is a service I don't sell, and money lost.

then get a server with better SLA!

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @henix said:

@samucamg said: and money lost

billions lost?

I'm an honest worker, I live off my work, and every invoice is important to me, it doesn't matter if it's $1.00 $100 $1000. And who knows one day reach millions? :smiley:

Thanked by 2treesmokah bdspice
  • @jazzii said:

@samucamg said: Every off hour is a service I don't sell, and money lost.

then get a server with better SLA!

In almost 10 years, I've never had a problem. Now that I had a problem for the first time and needed support, I'm seeing their SLA is terrible.
    I'll wait a few more hours, and if they don't solve it, I'll upload my backups to another Datacenter.

• And just got back. After 14 hours off.

• If it's something that makes you money, you should reconsider using a provider like Contabo IMO.

• @samucamg said: expiring technical issues.

but there are good news - issue is expiring so it should be back soon? :D
    I am kinda shocked that contabo support don't have a template to use in those kind of messages.

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

I'm having a contabo vps for almost 2 years now. I only had one downtime.

• I have met many times this year. They are getting more and more junk. They are often offline, and their performance is slowly getting worse.

• Do they have a support team? I have notified several times with no response whatsoever.

• @yell0w said:
    Do they have a support team? I have notified several times with no response whatsoever.

They have no customer service at all and never reply. They feel that they are going to close down. I suggest that the forum put Contabo on the blacklist!!!