Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WallStreetBets' founder is suing Reddit for $1 million, for ousting him from the meme-stock forum
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WallStreetBets' founder is suing Reddit for $1 million, for ousting him from the meme-stock forum

WallStreetBets' founder is suing Reddit over ousting him from the meme-stock forum, reportedly saying he wants $1 million after the 'nightmare' ban

The founder of WallStreetBets is suing Reddit for ousting him as moderator of the forum, the birthplace of the meme stock craze.

Jaime Rogozinski alleges that Reddit wrongfully terminated him in April 2020, according to a complaint filed in federal court in Oakland, California on Wednesday.

Rogozinski is seeking $1 million worth of damages for breach of ....

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/meme-stock-reddit-wallstreetbets-founder-jaime-rogozinski-sues-ban-trademark-2023-2

Comments

• @jbiloh care who you ban from LET so this doesnt happen to you as well.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2023

@drizbo said:
    @jbiloh care who you ban from LET so this doesnt happen to you as well.

It's different from reddit.

Reddit is a collection of "forums" that are created and managed by users. LET is entirely owned and managed by single owner.

The reddit user can argue, that he lost actual value or assets or work hours dedicated into it by reddit taking back his forum while its successful and giving it to someone else.

He would have no case if the subreddit was just banned or deleted, but if it was just handed over after it becomes popular allegedly due to his hard work, he can try suing them if he can prove that he lost actual value, whetever its ability to direct hordes of investors or just hard work. But he will probly just lose the case.

Also, he argues that reddit is taking over/has motivation to take over all of the subreddit brands forcefully before going public, and hence he was banned which would be a fraud if he can prove that, though he would also need to prove that WallStreetBets is a brand or trademark that belongs to him or exists due to him, regardless if the page was hosted on reddit.

My personal opinion is that, the subreddit is popular only due to Keith Gill, who figured out the GameStop short squeeze.

• @stefeman said: Reddit is a collection of "forums" that are created and managed by users. LET is entirely owned and managed by single owner.
    The reddit user can argue, that he lost actual value or assets or work hours dedicated into it by reddit taking back his forum while its successful and giving it to someone else.

Based on what do you think you have any more "rights" on Reddit? They can ban you the same as Jbiloh can and you can go cry in the corner only.

To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we may suspend or terminate your Account, moderator status, or ability to access or use the Services at any time for any or no reason, including for violating these Terms or our Content Policy.

Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with these Terms, Reddit grants you a personal, non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to: (a) install and use a copy of our mobile application associated with the Services that is obtained from a legitimate marketplace on a mobile device owned or controlled by you; and (b) access and use the Services. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you by these Terms.

Thanked by 1hadawayandplay
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2023

@drizbo said:

@stefeman said: Reddit is a collection of "forums" that are created and managed by users. LET is entirely owned and managed by single owner.

Based on what do you think you have any more "rights" on Reddit? They can ban you the same as Jbiloh can and you can go cry in the corner only.

To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we may suspend or terminate your Account, moderator status, or ability to access or use the Services at any time for any or no reason, including for violating these Terms or our Content Policy.

Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with these Terms, Reddit grants you a personal, non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to: (a) install and use a copy of our mobile application associated with the Services that is obtained from a legitimate marketplace on a mobile device owned or controlled by you; and (b) access and use the Services. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you by these Terms.

Since you skipped it, I'm just gonna copy paste again for you to read.

The real argument is here. Obviously I agree its dumb lawsuit, but heres the actual stuff hes gonna rely on, that might give him a case.

"Also, he argues that reddit is taking over/has motivation to take over all of the subreddit brands forcefully before going public, and hence he was banned which would be a fraud if he can prove that, though he would also need to prove that WallStreetBets is a brand or trademark that belongs to him or exists due to him, regardless if the page was hosted on reddit."

• @stefeman said: My personal opinion is that, the subreddit is popular only due to Keith Gill, who figured out the GameStop short squeeze

It was pretty big before that too

• @neverain said:

@stefeman said: My personal opinion is that, the subreddit is popular only due to Keith Gill, who figured out the GameStop short squeeze

100k vs 13 million? xD

• @stefeman said:

@drizbo said:

@stefeman said: Reddit is a collection of "forums" that are created and managed by users. LET is entirely owned and managed by single owner.

Since you skipped it, I'm just gonna copy paste again for you to read.

The real argument is here. Obviously I agree its dumb lawsuit, but heres the actual stuff hes gonna rely on, that might give him a case.

"Also, he argues that reddit is taking over/has motivation to take over all of the subreddit brands forcefully before going public, and hence he was banned which would be a fraud if he can prove that, though he would also need to prove that WallStreetBets is a brand or trademark that belongs to him or exists due to him, regardless if the page was hosted on reddit."

I didn't skip it, but I don't think that holds any water?

Its just a stupid website, how can a court tell me who can I ban from my own website?
    He doesn't own anything, he was just a user of Reddit.

• Then Reddit owes me $10 million for ousting me from r/news

• Anyone care to place a bet on the outcome? We can stick the money up here on the wall, right by the street, for safekeeping.

• @user123 said:
    Anyone care to place a bet on the outcome? We can stick the money up here on the wall, right by the street, for safekeeping.

I bet 10$ that he looses on court. Looser pays the charity of their choice. If anyone wants to take a bet

• @stefeman said:

@neverain said:

@stefeman said: My personal opinion is that, the subreddit is popular only due to Keith Gill, who figured out the GameStop short squeeze

100k vs 13 million? xD

close to 2m vs 13 million*