Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Migration from WHMCS v8.6 to Blesta
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Migration from WHMCS v8.6 to Blesta

servzenservzen Member, Host Rep

Hello everyone!
Hope you all are doing good today.

I have just decided to move from WHMCS to Blesta, because my owned license is expired. and WHMCS have ended the owned licenses. that's why I installed Blesta. and now facing migration problems.

When I tried to migrate, Clients and Invoices were transferred successfully but not the Services and Modules, Servers.

I also tried to use another server for Blesta but still the same problem.
Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks!

Comments

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

Get support from Phil, or get in their community discord.

I suggest dumping the db from whmcs server, import it to Blesta server's db server, then use that connection details to import into Blesta. What exact error are you facing btw?

• servzenservzen Member, Host Rep

@FatGrizzly said:

I suggest dumping the db from whmcs server, import it to Blesta server's db server, then use that connection details to import into Blesta. What exact error are you facing btw?

Already contacted them, but I haven't found any solution from them.

Let me try the dumping option.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@servzen said:

@FatGrizzly said:

Let me know your discord, your error logs could give me some insight(if any)

@FatGrizzly said:

@servzen said:

@FatGrizzly said:

Let me know your discord, your error logs could give me some insight(if any)

Sure, check your DM please.

• pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

The most common things to note:

1. Import on a fresh Blesta install. This is why we recommend making a backup after you install Blesta, so you can restore it easily before re-attempting an import again should it fail.
    2. When the import fails, usually there will be some error output. This error is very important for determining the cause.
    3. The most common problem is unexpected data in WHMCS, like fields that contain a lot of data or data that doesn't make sense in the context. As suggested above, cloning your WHMCS database, and doing the import from the clone is ideal because you can manually correct any strange issues with the data without impacting the live environment, and re-attempt the import.
    4. The 8.x+ version of the importer is the one that is maintained. If you're using an older WHMCS, and are trying the 5-7 version, you could try version 8 of the import and see if it works, it may.

Note any tweaks that are required to the data, so when you do a final import you can be sure to correct those things in advance.

If you need help, reach out with any errors.

@pphillips said:
    The most common things to note:

1. Import on a fresh Blesta install. This is why we recommend making a backup after you install Blesta, so you can restore it easily before re-attempting an import again should it fail.
    2. When the import fails, usually there will be some error output. This error is very important for determining the cause.
    3. The most common problem is unexpected data in WHMCS, like fields that contain a lot of data or data that doesn't make sense in the context. As suggested above, cloning your WHMCS database, and doing the import from the clone is ideal because you can manually correct any strange issues with the data without impacting the live environment, and re-attempt the import.
    4. The 8.x+ version of the importer is the one that is maintained. If you're using an older WHMCS, and are trying the 5-7 version, you could try version 8 of the import and see if it works, it may.

Note any tweaks that are required to the data, so when you do a final import you can be sure to correct those things in advance.

If you need help, reach out with any errors.

Alright, Let me try again with these steps. Will let you know.

• As a side question (sorry for overtaking the thread) but @pphillips is it possible to migrate from whmcs to blesta, and keep the active Paypal/CC recurring payments? Or do they need to be cancelled and kinda start over/have customers start a new recurring plan?

Thanks!

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@NobodyInteresting said:
    As a side question (sorry for overtaking the thread) but @pphillips is it possible to migrate from whmcs to blesta, and keep the active Paypal/CC recurring payments? Or do they need to be cancelled and kinda start over/have customers start a new recurring plan?

Thanks!

I cannot give you a definitive answer but ... if they are PayPal Subscriptions, no problem as they are tied to your PayPal email address. I do not believe that Blesta supports PayPal Billing Agreements.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

@NobodyInteresting said:
    As a side question (sorry for overtaking the thread) but @pphillips is it possible to migrate from whmcs to blesta, and keep the active Paypal/CC recurring payments? Or do they need to be cancelled and kinda start over/have customers start a new recurring plan?

Thanks!

I just saw this.. yes, the migration documentation includes information on creating a .htaccess rule to maintain existing PayPal Subs after migrating. It works on the basis of matching the PayPal email to the email of a client, since the client ID is missing from the request that Blesta normally expects for subs set up through Blesta. So, just keep that in mind, any subs from a PayPal email that does not match a client will not be recorded. All that do, will be recorded.