Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dear LET admins, it is time to adopt a policy of moving old offers into their own category.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dear LET admins, it is time to adopt a policy of moving old offers into their own category.

rchurchrchurch Member
edited February 2023 in General

The trend now on Lowendtalk seems to be providers offering free this or free that, double this or double that if you reply with some code.

Some of them also seem to be support threads and they all keep going on with nothing new.

This is resulting in some old offers persisting at the top of the page offering nothing new and TBH it is simply spam.

Here is a sample of a few.

GreenCloud | 9th Birthday Sale | 9999 Plans | 99+ Giveaways! — LowEndTalk 4.6K comments | November 2022

SEA – 8 GB RAM, BGP & Unmetered gigE @ $6/mo. Up to 30% off! DOUBLE RAM!! FREE GIVEAWAY!! — LowEndTalk 5.5K comments | November 2022

THIS ISN'T CLICK BAIT FREE KVM VPS within this thread! #1TOP PROVIDER — LowEndTalk | August 2022

ADVIN SERVERS $8/MONTH 16GB RAM VPS + FREE LET GIVEAWAYS NOT CLICKBAIT — LowEndTalk | September 2022

OFFICIAL B-L-A-C-K-F-R-I-D-A-Y THREAD -- COMMUNITY ENDORSED! Take a peek! (RackNerd's Black Friday) — LowEndTalk | November 2022

August 2022 is 6 months old!!

The last mentioned is now up to 1042 pages with the last respondent replying with a graphic of the origina post - https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3621690/#Comment_3621690

I do not frequent this site as much as I used to but it is rather disappointing to return some time later and see the same old threads at the top of the pages.

I think the Offers category should be broken down into New Offers and Old Offers, with New Offers being moved to Old Offers after a certain amount time.

I know people need to advertise and sell stuff, but this is just ridiculous and unfair to those who are more modest and not interested in such antics.

PS.

It was even worse at the end of last year when some of the threads from Black Friday 2021 were still lurking at the top of the listings

Thanked by 1loay

Comments