Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a KVM in EU for running WireGuard for home use
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a KVM in EU for running WireGuard for home use

Hi,

I'm in need of a KVM VM that could run WireGuard for a few computers that I have. I don't need to use the VPN for internet access, but rather for creating a virtual network, between multiple locations.

Wireguard should not be RAM hungry, but can use bandwidth and CPU. Because of that the following specs are needed:

• 1 dedicated CPU core (preferably Ryzen) or shared one with constant use of 20-50%.
  • 1GB RAM
  • 10 GB SSD/NVMe
  • 1 IPv4
  • 1-2 TB bandwidth

And now the interesting part :smile:
Budget: 16-24 USD per year

Preferably I would look for VPS with sub 30ms of latency from my location.
Preferable locations: Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Germany, France, Netherlands, Switzerland.

If possible to provide looking glass publicly for me to test, or in DM if IP disclosure is of concern.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Member
    edited February 2023

@Vita said: 1 dedicated CPU core (preferably Ryzen) or shared one with constant use of 20-50%.

Virtual server with 1 dedicated Core CPU, 1GB RAM, 10GB SSD, 1TB @ 1Gbps bandwidth, 100Gbps anti-DDoS protection, dual stack IPv4/IPv6 network, and various services including load balancer, IP failover, vSwitch, backup, firewall, and snapshots. Option to add additional network interface via SIIX peering port.

€18/year vat excluded.
    DM me to order

LG: https://www.c1vhosting.it/lg/
    AS: https://bgp.he.net/AS212271

Thanked by 1Vita
  • conceptconcept Member
    edited February 2023

I would check vServer.site or myprepaid-server. With that low of the price... don't expect much.
    There is looking glass available on vServer's website and myprepaid-server just resells Tube-hosting so you can find IP info here.
    https://lg.tube-hosting.com/

Although UK is not in your preferred location. @kuroit may be able to help.

Thanked by 2Vita kuroit
  • @Vita said:
    I'm in need of a KVM VM that could run WireGuard for a few computers that I have

AFAIK, KVM isn't crucial for WireGuard. Saw people using it on OpenVZ.

Anyway, check a couple of offers from @AlexBarakov :

Should be available in Bulgaria, were available in Germany a couple of months ago.

Check the site for the looking glasses as well.

Thanked by 1Vita
  • @DataRecovery said: AFAIK, KVM isn't crucial for WireGuard. Saw people using it on OpenVZ.

Gotta either have the wireguard kernel module enabled on Hypervisor system or use usermode wireguard (wireguard-go etc).

• @DataRecovery said:

I've looked into that one before opening a thread and it fits my needs perfectly. Especially because of the ping, the problem is it's only available in LA, not in Bulgaria. I've asked the livechat on @AlexBarakov website, but they say it was an old offer not available anymore.

@c1vhosting the offer is great, but the latency is not perfect to me over 50ms, looking for something as low as possible.

@concept vserver.site has a decent offer, latency around 30-35ms, but it's sold out as far as I can see.

• kuroitkuroit Member, Host Rep

@Vita said:
    Hi,

I'm in need of a KVM VM that could run WireGuard for a few computers that I have. I don't need to use the VPN for internet access, but rather for creating a virtual network, between multiple locations.

Wireguard should not be RAM hungry, but can use bandwidth and CPU. Because of that the following specs are needed:

• 1 dedicated CPU core (preferably Ryzen) or shared one with constant use of 20-50%.
    • 1GB RAM
    • 10 GB SSD/NVMe
    • 1 IPv4
    • 1-2 TB bandwidth

And now the interesting part :smile:
    Budget: 16-24 USD per year

Preferably I would look for VPS with sub 30ms of latency from my location.
    Preferable locations: Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Germany, France, Netherlands, Switzerland.

If possible to provide looking glass publicly for me to test, or in DM if IP disclosure is of concern.

Thanks in advance!

Happy to provide the same spec at 20GBP/Year

Available locations: Netherlands & Switzerland

Test IPs:
    Amsterdam, NL - Test IP: 2.58.203.1
    Zurich, CH - Test IP: 45.67.86.1

• Why not Oracle? :joy:

• @TrK said:
    Why not Oracle? :joy:

Good question