Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the most expensive server in the world
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the most expensive server in the world

Dose anyone know what is the most expensive server in the world today.

Comments

• ok

Thanked by 2netomx ariq01
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited February 2023

@atmwebhost said:

Wrong question in the wrong place. This community is for low-end, not high-end. You need to ask for the cheapest, not for the most expensive.

Thanked by 1VISWANATHVB
  • I can do you 0.5 core vCPU, 512MB memory and a 4GB disk with 100Mbps uplink for €10,000 a month

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Probably one from ATMWebhost

• @bluehairminerboy said:
    I can do you 0.5 core vCPU, 512MB memory and a 4GB disk with 100Mbps uplink for €10,000 a month

That price is too low. Could you offer that for €15,000 per month?

• You can get supermicro gpu servers with dual 32 core xeon golds, 8tb of ddr4 memory, 10 Ampere series gpus plus hundreds of tb of nvme storage. That has to come in at hundreds of thousands of dollars for a single 4u server

• atmwebhost.com

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • Dose anyone

No thanks

Thanked by 1netomx
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Mainframe

• NanjaNanja Member
    edited February 2023

NVIDIA DGX Station A100 - $149,000 + $22,500 service fee + $1000 shipping costs

NVIDIA DGX A100 is the world's first AI system built on the NVIDIA A100 Tensor Core GPU

This is just hardware though, I think servers should be valued on what is stored on them.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2023

Probly some supercomputer that can be ordered from HP or some other company directly. If theres no money limit, theres technically no limit to the scalability.

You can even make it a size of a city or country. The only limitations would be material sources, and eventually technology of human civilization as you would need to pay them to haul the stuff from asteroids after some point. We don't really have good technology for that yet, hence it would be even more expensive, and eventually you would run out of near earth objects to mine from.

In short, there's no limit to the cost, and you can also buy some small VPS for unlimited amount of money if you really want to.

The limit is our level of civilization, not humanity. Anything can be bought and/or funded if you have enough for money, including research for interstellar travel to haul in more ores to build your dedicated server.

As for your limit, its your lifespan even if you have unlimited amount to buy the unlimited thing.

If its a predefined off the shelf product, then I guess it would be some Dell Quantum Computer setup for some hundreds of millions.

What do you want to buy Mr. Gates?

• Khalifa bin Zayed Al-Nahyan is looking to upgrade his home computer so I am just putting together a quote for him he may order two

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • I'd say the single most expensive server in the world is the one that holds private keys to Binance's cryptocurrency holdings, which are reportedly worth $74.7 billion.

Thanked by 3stefeman netomx drizbo
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited February 2023

@atmwebhost said:

The NSA has it. The cost is classified. ;-)

You might try the Top500 list. I imagine that the highest performing computers would be some of the most expensive in the world.

https://www.top500.org/lists/top500/2022/11/

The Oak Ridge Frontier won the top of the list. According to Wikipedia, the estimated cost was $600 million.
    -> Allow me to point out that the same money could have bought a $300 laptop for 2 million schoolchildren. I hope that Oak Ridge computer is important.

https://www.olcf.ornl.gov/frontier/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontier_(supercomputer)

P.S. I agree with @inland. The value of a computer may be more in the data that is stored on it, if you want to include that in the cost calculations.

• jimsufi bs-1

• i just felt like

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @ehab said:
    i just felt like

The best vps with 21 geekbench score

Thanked by 2ehab dahartigan
  • mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

@stefeman said:
    Probly some supercomputer that can be ordered from HP or some other company directly. If theres no money limit, theres technically no limit to the scalability.

You can even make it a size of a city or country. The only limitations would be material sources, and eventually technology of human civilization as you would need to pay them to haul the stuff from asteroids after some point. We don't really have good technology for that yet, hence it would be even more expensive, and eventually you would run out of near earth objects to mine from.

In short, there's no limit to the cost, and you can also buy some small VPS for unlimited amount of money if you really want to.

The limit is our level of civilization, not humanity. Anything can be bought and/or funded if you have enough for money, including research for interstellar travel to haul in more ores to build your dedicated server.

As for your limit, its your lifespan even if you have unlimited amount to buy the unlimited thing.

If its a predefined off the shelf product, then I guess it would be some Dell Quantum Computer setup for some hundreds of millions.

What do you want to buy Mr. Gates?

Yes, too watch Expanse

• Only if you had phrased ur question as:

What is the most bang for your buck high end server in a low end price currently on offer or ever offered?

This thread wud be the most visited one on LET :)

• What is the most bang for your buck high end server in a low end price currently on offer or ever offered?

• @atmwebhost said:
    What is the most bang for your buck high end server in a low end price currently on offer or ever offered?

Atmwebhost.com

• ArkasArkas Moderator

The one that fails when you need it the most.

Thanked by 2yoursunny sh97
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

OVH Strasbourg smoke

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

@atmwebhost said:

Definitely not ATMWebhost.

low end server for high end price

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2023

The most expensive server u can purchase is the

MJJ M6000

It has unlimited everything to serve the clientel.

Much better then any HP Super-Server

• If you lose millions per minute when it's down, then that's the most expensive server.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • @ralf said:
    If you lose millions per minute when it's down, then that's the most expensive server.

Based on this thinking, every low-end provider actually offers expensive servers, because many customers complain about losing millions when their servers are down.