Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for Forex Trading
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for Forex Trading

Hi all,

I've been browsing the forums and reading the various threads, but figured it was time to create a post of my own.

I'm looking for a VPS provider to use for running 10-15 metatrader terminals. So far I've been using HostWorld, but have come to learn that shared resources is killing the overall experience and ends up with the terminals constantly lagging despite being within the recommendations (8 vcpu averaging 20% usage, 6gb ram averaging 50% usage).

I don't necessarily buy into the whole 'forex vps' labeling, and it seems it just brings higher pricing. I don't think I need a fully dedicated server as that seems overkill for my usage, but dedicated CPU/RAM seems to be what I should be going for in this case. Hetzner, netcup, or OVH seem to offer good hardware at reasonable prices, but I wanted to get others' opinions.

Cheers!

Comments

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

I thought (or used to think) connectivity mattered more for HFT stuff but that was involving traditional stock markets who needed to be as close as possible to things like NYSE. Forex I am guessing matters less as it’s not all centered in 1 place.

I know our high frequency VPSes get used for similar tasks and is kind of the niche they’re targeted for. Low population density nodes, faster ECC RAM, and guaranteed high single core base clock speeds. Your usage requirements would not be a problem on those.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • It depends from the Time frame your trading, for fast execution you need some VPS in the proximity of your exchange broker.
    Otherwise you can look at some VPS from Hetzner, php-Friends, Contabo. but if you want some fast response in case of technical issue you might look for different companies.
    A dedi server is not a bad idea for your requirements, for the same price range of a good VPS you can get a dedi offer from OVH (soyoustart.com) or Hetzner

• The issue you will have is that MT4/MT5 etc do not really work out of the box for a multi-core environment. It needs set up correctly.

• @westmeadow said:
    Hi all,

I've been browsing the forums and reading the various threads, but figured it was time to create a post of my own.

I'm looking for a VPS provider to use for running 10-15 metatrader terminals. So far I've been using HostWorld, but have come to learn that shared resources is killing the overall experience and ends up with the terminals constantly lagging despite being within the recommendations (8 vcpu averaging 20% usage, 6gb ram averaging 50% usage).

I don't necessarily buy into the whole 'forex vps' labeling, and it seems it just brings higher pricing. I don't think I need a fully dedicated server as that seems overkill for my usage, but dedicated CPU/RAM seems to be what I should be going for in this case. Hetzner, netcup, or OVH seem to offer good hardware at reasonable prices, but I wanted to get others' opinions.

Cheers!

@NDTN
    GreenCloudVPS offers the same.

• @westmeadow said:
    Hi all,

Cheers!

DM me with your specifics requirements

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

It really depends on the location you are trying to hit and budget. We have people who need the quickest connections and those clients have cages with us directly in NY4 etc. While others from our Staten Island location are happy with less than 2ms to it.

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

We can offer:

CPU: XEON E3-1230
    RAM: 16GB DDR3
    DRIVE: 250GB SSD
    PORT / BANDWIDTH: 1G / 1GBPS
    $99 $68 / month

• davidedavide Member
    edited February 2023

GreenCloud offers dedicated cpu cores (not entire processors) for their Epyc servers in Europe.

Edit: this is their offer in Frankfurt at 10€ / month:

• 8GB RAM
    • 4GB SWAP
    • 80GB NVMe 4.0 RAID-10 Hard drive
    • 1 dedicated physical EPYC Milan core CPU
    • 1 IPv4
    • /64 IPv6
    • 4TB Bandwidth
    • 10Gbps Port
    • Linux OS
    • SolusVM Control Panel
    • Frankfurt, DE Location

But perhaps you need Windows for Metatrader.