Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Request to Admin of this forums. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Request to Admin of this forums.

2»

Comments

• Yes, feature request for link to open in external window. Also, would like to request another feature - Follow Members.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I brought this up a few months ago to the staff. Jon was positive about it, but I think the implementation might not be as straightforward as a setting in vanilla.

• What are some major sites that do this by default? I can only remember Bing search results off the top of my head.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @Arkas said:
    I brought this up a few months ago to the staff. Jon was positive about it, but I think the implementation might not be as straightforward as a setting in vanilla.

https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/linkout-plugin

One of the plugins that are out there, please note this is an old one and could be incompatible.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

MS said:
    The only vote that matters is @jbiloh's.

I think only the external links should open in new tabs. I find the sites that open every link in new (background/foreground) tab annoying.

agreed that for external sites part.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Been a week and 150 votes. I guess not bad...