Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner ipv6 on dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner ipv6 on dedicated server

I'm currently using ovh server to create windows vps. Now they are increase their additional ipv4 addresses fee. When i'm looking at alternative option. I see hetzner offer ipv6 addressess to there dedicated server.

My question is,
Is it possible to create 10 to 20 vpses from hetzner additional ipv6?

Has anyone successfully configured the ipv6 and create vpses from it?

Comments

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2023

Hey

You can always create NAT VPS easily with virtfusion. It's what I recommend

With NAT you can extend your single IPv4 by 16 bits. You now have 65565 usable addresses while paying nothing more!

• arondevarondev Member
    edited February 2023

@ezeth said:
    Hey

You can always create NAT VPS easily with virtfusion. It's what I recommend

With NAT you can extend your single IPv4 by 16 bits. You now have 65565 usable addresses while paying nothing more!

Is there any guide for how to do it?.

Ps:- btw my requirement is run a small software. It need seperate ips. Is it work with nat vps?

• VirtFusionVirtFusion Member
    edited February 2023

Like mentioned above, you could use v4 NAT and/or subnet the v6 /64 supplied with a Hetzner server. They also offer v6 /56 subnets with a 15 euro setup fee.

VirtFusion supports NAT + IPv6 in the current testing build.

Install a hypervisor as normal:
    https://docs.virtfusion.com/2.0/installation/hypervisor
    But stop at the network configuration.

Configure the network:
    https://docs.virtfusion.com/2.0/guides/nat-setup

Update to the testing branch:
    vfcli-ctrl update-testing

Once it's set up, the rest is done within the panel.

You can manage port and domain forwarding on a per VM basis.

You'll even receive an email with all the relevant connection info. RDP etc...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@arondev said: I'm currently using ovh server to create windows vps. Now they are increase their additional ipv4 addresses fee. When i'm looking at alternative option. I see hetzner offer ipv6 addressess to there dedicated server.

Keep in mind OVH also provides IPv6. There is no need to migrate to Hetzner just for that.

Thanked by 1BingoBongo
  • @rm_ said:

@arondev said: I'm currently using ovh server to create windows vps. Now they are increase their additional ipv4 addresses fee. When i'm looking at alternative option. I see hetzner offer ipv6 addressess to there dedicated server.

Keep in mind OVH also provides IPv6. There is no need to migrate to Hetzner just for that.

How can i get additional ipv6 subnet from ovh?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2023

@arondev said: How can i get additional ipv6 subnet from ovh?

"Get additional" means you already use one IPv6 subnet and it's not sufficient? But probably not, and you just need to configure the first one that you already have (each dedi has one by default). See https://docs.ovh.com/us/en/dedicated/network-ipv6/ for details.

• @rm_ said:

@arondev said: How can i get additional ipv6 subnet from ovh?

"Get additional" means you already use one IPv6 subnet and it's not sufficient? But probably not, and you just need to configure the first one that you already have (each dedi has one by default). See https://docs.ovh.com/us/en/dedicated/network-ipv6/ for details.

yeah found it. so i'm using virtualizor at the moment. so when i chat with their live support. they told me for kvm vpses, it need to keep ipv4 address. we can't use ipv6 vms separately. is that possible?