Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Dedicated Servers with Game DDoS Protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Dedicated Servers with Game DDoS Protection

KaanArsKaanArs Member
edited February 2023 in General

Hello, we are hosting a game that not known much (will share game's name via private message). We have android, ios and windows players over the world. We need a dedicated server with these configuration:

Ram: 128 GB DDR4/DDR5
Processor: Ryzen9 59xx or Ryzen9 79xx
Storage: 1-2 TB NVMe Disks
Bandwidth: 1-10 Gbps @ 50 TB Traffic
Monthly price should not be higher than $250

Ports that need protection:
3389 (RDPTCP - RDPUDP)
443 (TCP - HTTPS)
We can run the game at any UDP port, so a port that Hosting recommend. We need protection for UDP, too.

If you can provide what I mention above, I can tell you how the game works.

Note: I want to test the protection before payment, since the game is not well-known, on some companies we had issue with login and they didn't help after payment.

Comments

• Which means game ddos protection, nobody can protect your application before implement specific game filter and too when network interface it's custom no base on enet or smth like unity,unreal engine networking base.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2023

Probly some old MMO private server.

If you tell the game name, we can probly recommend some options based on how the game works in terms of networking, but I can already guarantee that you wont get a free trial from anyone with these specs.

You will also need to compensate with iptables or other firewall types for whatever leaks through the anti-ddos, so if the game server runs on Windows Server, I would suggest installing Proxmox and then setting up paravirtualized Windows VM for the gameserver to catch the attacks using Linux Kernel rather than dealing them directly within windows.

• KaanArsKaanArs Member
    edited February 2023

@stefeman said:

If you tell the game name, we can probly recommend some options based on how the game works in terms of networking, but I can already guarantee that you wont get a free trial from anyone with these specs.

Hello, I will pm you game's name in few minutes. We don't need free trial for dedicated server, vps is ok, we will just test that will our game work.

@stefeman said: You will also need to compensate with iptables or other firewall types for whatever leaks through the anti-ddos, so if the game server runs on Windows Server, I would suggest installing Proxmox and then setting up paravirtualized Windows VM for the gameserver to catch the attacks using Linux Kernel rather than dealing them directly within windows.

I know, if the hosting can't make that difficult game-specific filter, already we can make it via XDP, thats why I am looking for 10 Gbps port. I know that 10 Gbps won't be enough too, we need a good filter for TCP first from AntiDDoS systems such as Path, so if AntiDDoS system miss some dirty traffic, we can catch them via XDP.

@Matix8981 said:
    Which means game ddos protection, nobody can protect your application before implement specific game filter and too when network interface it's custom no base on enet or smth like unity,unreal engine networking base.

Hello, yes I know, with game ddos protection I mean that we are looking for a Hosting that have information about how to make custom filter for any game, we need filter for tcp and udp, for game-specific ddos protection we will send pcap of game packets.

• @KaanArs said:

@stefeman said:

Hello, I will pm you game's name in few minutes. We don't need free trial for dedicated server, vps is ok, we will just test that will our game work.

@stefeman said: You will also need to compensate with iptables or other firewall types for whatever leaks through the anti-ddos, so if the game server runs on Windows Server, I would suggest installing Proxmox and then setting up paravirtualized Windows VM for the gameserver to catch the attacks using Linux Kernel rather than dealing them directly within windows.

I know, if the hosting can't make that difficult game-specific filter, already we can make it via XDP, thats why I am looking for 10 Gbps port. I know that 10 Gbps won't be enough too, we need a good filter for TCP first from AntiDDoS systems such as Path, so if AntiDDoS system miss some dirty traffic, we can catch them via XDP.

@Matix8981 said:
    Which means game ddos protection, nobody can protect your application before implement specific game filter and too when network interface it's custom no base on enet or smth like unity,unreal engine networking base.

Hello, yes I know, with game ddos protection I mean that we are looking for a Hosting that have information about how to make custom filter for any game, we need filter for tcp and udp, for game-specific ddos protection we will send pcap of game packets.

https://hyperfilter.com/ perhaps for custom game protection module development?

• @professionalxen said:
    https://hyperfilter.com/ perhaps for custom game protection module development?

Thank you but their pricing are too away from our budget.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited February 2023

https://godedicated.com/ aka GSL.
    Top notch ddos protection, especially for game servers.

They don't have Ryzens on their website though, you may ask them directly.

• @ascicode said:
    https://deinserverhost.de/en/
    30TB is bit low?

thank you. will check them.

@treesmokah said:
    https://godedicated.com/ aka GSL.
    Top notch ddos protection, especially for game servers.

They don't have Ryzens on their website though, you may ask them directly.

Unfortunately, their pricing are too away from our budget.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2023

https://hostslick.com/dedicated.php

Our Upstream has Combhaton DDoS Protection and we can give you Unmetered traffic without additional price.

Netherlands, near germany.

• @HostSlick said: Our Upstream has Combhaton DDoS Protection and we can give you Unmetered traffic without additional price.

Will you be getting Datacamp as well?
    Really liked their network.

• Please please please please don’t leave 3389 open to the internet. Use a VPN to access the server over RD, don’t leave that port open to the internet ever. It’s only a matter of time before your box gets exploited, it’s much worse than leaving 22 open.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran
  • Still looking for offers....

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2023

@treesmokah said:

@HostSlick said: Our Upstream has Combhaton DDoS Protection and we can give you Unmetered traffic without additional price.

They are expensive while customers want cheap prices. So probably not :wink:

• @HostSlick said:

@treesmokah said:

@HostSlick said: Our Upstream has Combhaton DDoS Protection and we can give you Unmetered traffic without additional price.

They are expensive while customers want cheap prices. So probably not :wink:

aight, too bad.
    combahton is not terrible, they have datacamp in their mix.
    i prefer the "standalone" datacamp, but yeah, I understand the reason behind the switch.

• @treesmokah said:

I thought they already had Datacamp?

• @fluffernutter said:

@treesmokah said:

They did in their previous data center, but now they moved.

• @treesmokah said:

@fluffernutter said:

@treesmokah said:

They did in their previous data center, but now they moved.

Oh that sucks, oh well.

• vibegames.com , they have path and protects every game 0 downtime.

• sthostingsthosting Member, Patron Provider

@KaanArs said:
    Still looking for offers....

You can check out our offers:

We have a full ddos Protection which we can customize on every game.

https://signaltransmitter.de/en/server/rent-a-dedicated-server

• @sthosting said:

@KaanArs said:

What are you using for DDoS Mitigation? Own infrastructure or companies like Path, Voxility..?
    Please give me more information about your DDoS Mitigation system and send me a price about server configuration that I mentioned on the discussion.

• sthostingsthosting Member, Patron Provider

@KaanArs said:

@sthosting said:

@KaanArs said:

What are you using for DDoS Mitigation? Own infrastructure or companies like Path, Voxility..?
    Please give me more information about your DDoS Mitigation system and send me a price about server configuration that I mentioned on the discussion.

We're currently running an own solution based on arbor. We can upgrade the RAM from root13.srvhost.de to 128 GB but we will do this for a minimum rent period of 6 month only. This will raise the price to 199 EUR / month.

• Still searching offers with budget I mentioned on the discussion.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

https://active-servers.com/rootserver.php can do 7950X with DDoS protection

• conceptconcept Member
    edited February 2023

I would look at Tube-Hosting.
    5950X 128GB ram, 2x 1TB NVMe 10gbps for $180 / month
    Located in NL. They use Arbor DDOS protection
    They have a discord which makes it easy for you to contact them.

• jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited February 2023

We can offer you VDS (virtual dedicated) servers in Amsterdam with the AMD Ryzen 7950X (or 5950X in basicly any other location). Custom RAM and Disk configurations are possible.

Feel free to DM me the name of your game so we can check what we do for you, as our application filters are specifically designed for certain games.

• KaanArsKaanArs Member
    edited February 2023

@Advin said:
    https://active-servers.com/rootserver.php can do 7950X with DDoS protection

Thank you but tried them 2 months ago, they did not help about ddos protection. They just said "we dont support this game" even I send pcap or any other info. They are waste of time tbh.

@concept said:
    I would look at Tube-Hosting.
    5950X 128GB ram, 2x 1TB NVMe 10gbps for $180 / month
    Located in NL. They use Arbor DDOS protection
    They have a discord which makes it easy for you to contact them.

Thank you, they use arbor from Synlinq I guess, already tried Synlinq.

@jordynegen11 said:
    We can offer you VDS (virtual dedicated) servers in Amsterdam with the AMD Ryzen 7950X (or 5950X in basicly any other location). Custom RAM and Disk configurations are possible.

Feel free to DM me the name of your game so we can check what we do for you, as our application filters are specifically designed for certain games.

Okay, thank you. I will dm the name of game.