Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using runcloud? Is it good?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using runcloud? Is it good?

thecreator_thecreator_ Member
edited January 2023 in General

Hello, I have very little knowledge about server technical management and I see that runcloud can offer me an easier management in this regard and also support me in server problems I'm experiencing. So I think runcloud is a semi-managed service.

Anyone working with Runcloud? Is it safe? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

(I've only used the trial period, but I'm undecided.)

Comments

• Use KeyHelp, excellent cloud server control panel
    https://www.keyhelp.de/en/

Thanked by 2Tony40 thecreator_
  • umzakumzak Member
    edited January 2023

I've been using Runcloud for more than 1 year, and my license is still active until Nov 2023. Initially I was satisfied, but the Runcloud's backup capability is limited for the basic & pro packages.

now I'm starting to move to Hestiacp, apart from being free, we can also backup to backblaze b2. while in runcloud we have to pay for the business plan ($45/m) to back up to backblaze b2 or s3 compatible.

In addition, with hestiacp, it is very easy to move applications from 1 server to another with only 1 command v-restore-user

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • I moved to https://www.cloudron.io/ way more control and a proper backup system at no extra cost.

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • @melp57 said:
    Use KeyHelp, excellent cloud server control panel
    https://www.keyhelp.de/en/

Thank you, I will look into it.

@Gravely said:
    I moved to https://www.cloudron.io/ way more control and a proper backup system at no extra cost.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will investigate this.

@umzak said:
    I've been using Runcloud for more than 1 year, and my license is still active until Nov 2023. Initially I was satisfied, but the Runcloud's backup capability is limited for the basic & pro packages.

now I'm starting to move to Hestiacp, apart from being free, we can also backup to backblaze b2. while in runcloud we have to pay for the business plan ($45/m) to back up to backblaze b2 or s3 compatible.

In addition, with hestiacp, it is very easy to move applications from 1 server to another with only 1 command v-restore-user

Hello, thank you for your reply. Alternatively, they offer many different storage spaces. Why didn't you consider choosing alternatives?

• I've been using RC for 3.5 years now. Managing a couple dozen client servers with it. It's been a great tool, and I haven't really felt like it was missing anything for my needs. Support has been fantastic and there's a helpful FB group as well. Highly recommend, but I know there are other panels out there worth considering -- best bet is to try out a few before making a decision. Once you've invested in one, it can be difficult to switch!

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • I got under my control about 15 VPS with RunCloud subscription. Feels good and also provide a great support in most of time, like see what happens if vps was slow, some php extensions installation,...

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • @muddy said:
    I've been using RC for 3.5 years now. Managing a couple dozen client servers with it. It's been a great tool, and I haven't really felt like it was missing anything for my needs. Support has been fantastic and there's a helpful FB group as well. Highly recommend, but I know there are other panels out there worth considering -- best bet is to try out a few before making a decision. Once you've invested in one, it can be difficult to switch!

Thanks for your response. I used many panels and did a lot of research on this topic. I'm thinking of using Runcloud for easier management, better security and especially support. Because I don't want to deal with too many technical problems. I hope it is suitable for me and I will be satisfied with it.

@Khoi_CodeTot said:
    I got under my control about 15 VPS with RunCloud subscription. Feels good and also provide a great support in most of time, like see what happens if vps was slow, some php extensions installation,...

Thanks for your response. Good to hear. I couldn't find the page where I can add PHP extensions. Runcloud is a little different, but I think I'll get used to it soon.