Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jekyll, Ubuntu, and Hestia -- a mysterious interaction - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Jekyll, Ubuntu, and Hestia -- a mysterious interaction

2»

Comments

• Given that Jekyll supports 20.04 and that Hestia supports 22.04, it sounds like you messed up your system by doing something else

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • HestiaCP supports Ubuntu 22.04 @yokowasis

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • 22.04 is a nightmare upgrade. Fuck Ubuntu, Debian is superior in most ways.

• A useful rule of everyday life:

• Don't perform a major upgrade on a production system just because Jekyll appears not to work on the current system. Instead, try to determine precisely why Jekyll appears not to work on the current system
    Thanked by 2yoursunny yongsiklee
  • Maybe use docker to run Jekyll instead of setting all dependencies on host system?

https://ddewaele.github.io/running-jekyll-in-docker/

• ailiceailice Member
    edited January 2023

Got Server Snap'd by Canonical :D

• Hestia is good but I really like CWP. It is free up to 10 accounts in the server. Better control and much powerful

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited January 2023

As always "doesn't work" is not anywhere near a valid description. HestiaCP supports 22.04 for a while now. If something does not work after the dist ugrade that's not neccessarily Hestias fault.

What exactly stopped working? Which error messages did you see or can find in the logfiles regarding the services that are not working anymore? Did you let the upgrade overwrite any config files? What did you already try and research to solve the problems?

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • I took the liberty of editing the title, the previous version of which ("I Fucked Up") wasn't particularly revealing or pleasant to read

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited January 2023

@angstrom said:

@yokowasis said:
    I upgrade my ubuntu from 20.04 to 22.04 only to find out that hestiacp doesn't work on 22.04.

By all signs, Hestia supports Ubuntu 22.04:

https://www.hestiacp.com/

Okay, apparently my info is outdated. I could have sworn there is no Ubuntu 22 on that page yesterday. Hestia should work on ubuntu 22. But for some reason it won't run. I am going to find out why that is.

Regarding jekyll, I won't pursue it anymore. I tried installing it 2 machine of Ubuntu 20, It's installed successfully, but refuse to build the default site with minima theme. Maybe minima required dependencies that's not available on ubuntu 20 ?

And, It's Alive !!!!!. Thanks for all the helps. Hestia complain about being there is no libzip.so.5, which is not available on ubuntu 22.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@yokowasis said: And, It's Alive !!!!!. Thanks for all the helps. Hestia complain about being there is no libzip.so.5, which is not available on ubuntu 22.

So it wasn't a Hestia problem but a jekyll one?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Sapcedor said: Hestia is good but I really like CWP. It is free up to 10 accounts in the server. Better control and much powerful

That's subjective. Who runs CentOS anymore? I know you could maybe use Rocky/Alma, but it's too OS restrictive IMO.

• @yokowasis said:
    I upgrade my ubuntu from 20.04 to 22.04 only to find out that hestiacp doesn't work on 22.04.

So now, I have non working control panel. What are my -free- options ?

wget http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/libz/libzip/libzip5_1.5.1-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb 1
    sudo dpkg -i libzip5_1.5.1-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb

Don't ask me it is just pacakeing from Ubuntu..

• @angstrom said:

@yokowasis said:

By all signs, Hestia supports Ubuntu 22.04:

https://www.hestiacp.com/

Yes we do.

Only Ubuntu 20.04 has libzip5 and Ubuntu 22.04 only has libzip4. As we allow both in the our dependencies it don't hurt. We need to fix / and improve the conflicts / depencies.. and make it os independent...

• @Arkas said:

@yokowasis said: And, It's Alive !!!!!. Thanks for all the helps. Hestia complain about being there is no libzip.so.5, which is not available on ubuntu 22.

So it wasn't a Hestia problem but a jekyll one?

it's a dependency problem.

For jekyll, looks like it only works on ubuntu 22.