Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking To Acquire VPS, Shared/Reseller, & Dedicated Server Companies
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking To Acquire VPS, Shared/Reseller, & Dedicated Server Companies

SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran
edited January 2023 in General

SmartHost LLC is looking to grow with company/client acquisitions.
We are actively looking to expand and are interested in your hosting customers!
We are seeking acquisitions in the $500-$20,000/month revenue range.
We are a US company with cash on hand, and ready to close deals fast.

We will offer a great home for your clients, by providing great customer support. We consider options to retain existing infrastructure or a full migration with very little client impact/downtime. Every acquisition is unique, and we understand the nuances. Our team treats all new acquisitions as new opportunities, and a chance to fold new clientele into our hosting family. We use a professional approach to make sure your hard work isn't wasted. We're passionate about hosting and we love what we do. We're not owned by any large parent company, and we will love your clients as much as we love the clients we have also worked hard to acquire.

Our preferred acquisitions are for KVM-based VPS (Linux & Windows), CPanel or DirectAdmin Shared/Virtual/Reseller hosting services, and Dedicated Server providers.
Support must be provided in English, in business atleast 2 years, and no more than 20% annual billed accounts.
Business does not have to be profitable, but should atleast have realistic offerings (not "unlimited" resources for $1/year).

We are looking for small-to-medium size hosts, who are looking to exit the business, or unable to properly/continue supporting their clients, or are running out of capital and unable to operate/grow the business further.

Please contact [email protected]

Comments

• sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited January 2023

ihostart @Calin buy them :)

• It's really too bad that @seriesn didn't sell while NB was still worth something

Thanked by 1jsg
  • SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

@angstrom said:
    It's really too bad that @seriesn didn't sell while NB was still worth something

Yea, I commented in the past that I don't understand why someone would let a company just fail instead of selling it and walking away with something out of it. Dunno.

~ SMARTHOST

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@SmartHost said:
    Our preferred acquisitions are ... and no more than 20% annual billed accounts.

Just out of curiosity: Why max. 20% annually billed accounts?

@jsg said:

@SmartHost said:
    Our preferred acquisitions are ... and no more than 20% annual billed accounts.

Just out of curiosity: Why max. 20% annually billed accounts?

High rate of non-renewals typically, and annual paid services are considered a liability in the valuation process, as money has been taken and service due/owed still. They are also typically sold at must lower profit margins as well.

~ SMARTHOST

• Its a loss if not renewed.

• @SmartHost said: let a company just fail instead of selling

Match deals or refugee offers, if you snatch lots of his customers is better than buying the company.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider
    Thanked by 2ElonBezos kuroit

@emperor said:
    Match deals or refugee offers, if you snatch lots of his customers is better than buying the company.

There is more to acquisitions than just the client base: domains/traffic, staff, locations, equipment, etc…we consider it all as we expand our footprint and operations.

• @SmartHost said:

@angstrom said:
    It's really too bad that @seriesn didn't sell while NB was still worth something

Yea, I commented in the past that I don't understand why someone would let a company just fail instead of selling it and walking away with something out of it. Dunno.

~ SMARTHOST

True...really a let down to their customers...

Bump....still looking to make acquisitions folks....reach out to us if interested.

~ SMARTHOST

• just some observations, you don't offer any trails, your web site is slow and out of date, looking glasses don't work for your data centres you offer, so the image is that the service you run is sub par...obviously this is an outsider POV and I could be proved wrong. But maybe fix all those things before acquiring others?

Thanked by 1georgedatacenter
    edited April 2023

@socialzzz said:
    just some observations, you don't offer any trails, your web site is slow and out of date, looking glasses don't work for your data centres you offer, so the image is that the service you run is sub par...obviously this is an outsider POV and I could be proved wrong. But maybe fix all those things before acquiring others?

• We have zero interest in providing free trials.
    • Our looking glasses work just fine and are recently updated and maintained current.
    • Our website uses a current/modern template from a major developer, and runs just fine. We don’t need anything more than we have, it serves our needs just fine. We don’t need to be flashy, our services are rock solid, without the need for fluff.

You are entitled to your opinions, even if they are wrong. Besides, we are not looking for input on this thread, if you don’t have a company to sell, the thread is not relevant to you. ;-)

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@socialzzz said:
    just some observations, you don't offer any trails, your web site is slow and out of date, looking glasses don't work for your data centres you offer, so the image is that the service you run is sub par...obviously this is an outsider POV and I could be proved wrong. But maybe fix all those things before acquiring others?

And yet 19 minutes before this post, you enthusiastically post "I'm interested in testing your new Block Storage VPS service!"

(See https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3646205#Comment_3646205 )

• @socialzzz said:

Whats wrong in that website. I feel it no nonsense.

Thanked by 1SmartHost
  • Don't see any issues with the website and looking glass, I was recently just using them to test the speed for the UK data center, working very well.

Thanked by 2bdl SmartHost
  • @angstrom said:

@socialzzz said:

And yet 19 minutes before this post, you enthusiastically post "I'm interested in testing your new Block Storage VPS service!"

he's just whiny, dont take him seriously.

• @angstrom said:

@socialzzz said:

for a trial lol

• @SmartHost said:

@socialzzz said:

• We have zero interest in providing free trials.
    • Our looking glasses work just fine and are recently updated and maintained current.
    • Our website uses a current/modern template from a major developer, and runs just fine. We don’t need anything more than we have, it serves our needs just fine. We don’t need to be flashy, our services are rock solid, without the need for fluff.

You are entitled to your opinions, even if they are wrong. Besides, we are not looking for input on this thread, if you don’t have a company to sell, the thread is not relevant to you. ;-)

Good to see your looking glasses are now updated. Few months ago they were not and had to open a chat to get any test files to work for CA.

On the other points if you say so. This will be my last post on this thread

• Just wanted to share my personal experience from a few hrs ago.

I had a technical issue with one of the companies that Smart Host has taken over, and the response was in less than an hour, with problem solved.

Definitely a good company to sell your business to.

Thank you Shawn.

Thanked by 2Calin SmartHost
  • @NobodyInteresting said:
    Just wanted to share my personal experience from a few hrs ago.

I had a technical issue with one of the companies that Smart Host has taken over, and the response was in less than an hour, with problem solved.

Definitely a good company to sell your business to.

Thank you Shawn.

Great, thanks for sharing, nice to know!