Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXRoute alternative with good latency to Asia?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXRoute alternative with good latency to Asia?

Is there any full blown email service like MXRoute but hosted in Asia ? MXRoute is great but bad connection to my place, thus doing everything on the mailbox feels sluggish. This is for team of ~200 people.

Can you recommends me some option ? The last resort I think would be self hosting it.

Thanked by 1greentea

Comments

• is just email... man.

Thanked by 2ariq01 Zyra
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2023

Yeah out that way can be rough. Most people don’t notice latency over email but if using webmail a lot it can definitely matter. I wonder if @mailcheap can deploy anything out in that direction as he does more dedicated cloud servers and that’s not unreasonable with OVH.

Thanked by 2mailcheap greentea
  • Self host and use mail.baby for outbound.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • That probably email client
    or you can download/sync your IMAP account offline, basically that I was using on my email client (thunderbird)

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

Our Enterprise Cloud mailservers are now available in Singapore.

Feel free to drop me an email via pre-sales if you have any questions.

Pavin.

• @jar said:
    Yeah out that way can be rough. Most people don’t notice latency over email but if using webmail a lot it can definitely matter. I wonder if @mailcheap can deploy anything out in that direction as he does more dedicated cloud servers and that’s not unreasonable with OVH.

Yes forgot to mention that the team will probably utilize webmail.

• @Hxxx said:
    is just email... man.

Have to agree here, webmail or not it is email. The sluggishness isn't going to make a difference.

If it is that important to you and you have 200 on a team use SMTP and IMAP with desktop apps instead of webmail.

Thanked by 1JamesF
  • What about creating a web proxy for webmail at a location close to you? With a good port speed.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

You can self-host a webmail client, or even use Gmail or something else that talks IMAP/SMTP to integrate with it.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Are they 200 individual accounts or all using the same mailbox? I'm an MXroute user but for 200 users I'd look at MS Exchange Online

• fanfan Veteran

Is it possible to use mxroute as a smtp relay then host webmail client yourself?

• You probably used mxroute's default client. Use roundcube instead. less features but responsive

• Maybe installing your own Rainloop instance close to your current location? Or you could self-host everything completely.

• @bluehairminerboy said:
    Are they 200 individual accounts or all using the same mailbox? I'm an MXroute user but for 200 users I'd look at MS Exchange Online

I expect each of them to use their own credentials, so does that count as "200 individual accounts", if so-- then yes.

@dotcomUNDERGROUND said: What about creating a web proxy for webmail at a location close to you? With a good port speed.

I'll consider this option, is this just as simple as setting up proxy to point to mxroute server ?

@sanvit said:
    Maybe installing your own Rainloop instance close to your current location? Or you could self-host everything completely.

@ericls said:
    You can self-host a webmail client, or even use Gmail or something else that talks IMAP/SMTP to integrate with it.

@dosai said:
    Self host and use mail.baby for outbound.

Ya, self-host might be the best choice right now. I think I can use amazon ses as outgoing mail.

• @Liso said:
    Ya, self-host might be the best choice right now. I think I can use amazon ses as outgoing mail.

You could probably just use your existing mxroute setup to do the outgoing as well (especially important if you have a cheap deal), a few hundred ms of extra latency makes no difference at all when actually sending, just the responsiveness of accessing the inbox. So you store the mail at your local server and then send it off to the world through another. Mailcow is very great for this

Thanked by 1ericls
  • @Liso said: I'll consider this option, is this just as simple as setting up proxy to point to mxroute server ?

For a cpanel server I have simply created a reverse proxy to host:webmail port. I am using cyberpanel/ols. But you can also use nginx proxy manager. That should also be able to cache your css/js assets.