Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Cyberpanel query - Multiple Cyberpanels - One external DB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Cyberpanel query - Multiple Cyberpanels - One external DB

I wanted to know how Multiple Cyberpanels behave, when connected to same external Maria/MySql db.
I was not able to find any topic or documentation on it.

As I haven't used a external DB setup yet for Cyberpanel, and on local db mode, cyberpanel doesn't use a db prefix, so do they overwrite each other or each goes with it's own prefix or something else?

Some context of what we are trying to achieve.
One of the sole reason we keep dumping money in AWS is because of RDS availability and we want to build something similar using Galera MySql cluster.

At the moment we have 12 VPS (most in europe with latency of <30ms among them) and growing.
We have built redundancy for our websites and DB is the single point for failure for most (hence RDS).

Idea is to use each VPS to host a Galera Maria/Mysql node and then use that as external DB for Cyberpanel.
That way even if one of the VPS goes down, depending on the replication factor, (and if website files have dns redundancy) service will be up and complete functional.

Your experience and insights are welcome.

Comments

  • Are you saying that you want to use multiple cybperpanel install with one mysql backend or you are talking about your website which is hosted on multiple VMs and you are using cyberpanel to manage them.

    I assume you are talking about second case, in that case, just configure galera cluster without cyberpanel and connect your website (which you manage using cyberpanel) to it the way you may connect to RDS and avoid any complication or overhead of cyberpanel.

  • @mgcAna said:
    Are you saying that you want to use multiple cybperpanel install with one mysql backend or you are talking about your website which is hosted on multiple VMs and you are using cyberpanel to manage them.

    I assume you are talking about second case, in that case, just configure galera cluster without cyberpanel and connect your website (which you manage using cyberpanel) to it the way you may connect to RDS and avoid any complication or overhead of cyberpanel.

    I am looking an answer for the first one.
    What happens if you attempt to use multiple cyberpanel installations (each on different vps) to one external database.

    For simplicity let's assume something like.

    CyberPanel (VPS 1) > RDS 1
    CyberPanel (VPS 2) > RDS 1
    CyberPanel (VPS 3) > RDS 1

    Does each of them conflict with each other, or they just use a db with their own prefix and co-exist.

  • ArkasArkas Moderator

    @srch07 said: Does each of them conflict with each other, or they just use a db with their own prefix and co-exist.

    If the file names aren't the same, why would they conflict?

  • @Arkas said:

    @srch07 said: Does each of them conflict with each other, or they just use a db with their own prefix and co-exist.

    If the file names aren't the same, why would they conflict?

    I am looking for an answer for db conflict here, not for file. :)

    If Cyberpanel doesn't use a prefix for example (with external db setup).
    All 3 in my example will end up writing to same database and hence same table.

    Which will lead to conflict, as data of one Cyberpanel (VPS 1) will write into exact same db (and table) as of Cyberpanel (VPS 2), hence overwriting.

  • ArkasArkas Moderator

    @srch07 said: Which will lead to conflict, as data of one Cyberpanel (VPS 1) will write into exact same db (and table) as of Cyberpanel (VPS 2), hence overwriting.

    Ok, I see. Yes, they would output the same DB names. I guess you'd have to configure it manually or write the DB in different places and merge them manually.

Sign In or Register to comment.