Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

server-factory.com | NL | AMD EPYC™ SPECIAL | 1C/1GiB/20GiB @ 15€/year | PayPal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

server-factory.com | NL | AMD EPYC™ SPECIAL | 1C/1GiB/20GiB @ 15€/year | PayPal

mxmlamxmla Member, Patron Provider

Hi!

I would like to present to you our newest Promotion:

AMD EPYC™ SPECIAL

KVM Virtualization
Instant Activation
DATA CENTER: Serverius Data Center 1, De Linge 26, 8253PJ Dronten, The Netherlands
CPU: AMD EPYC™ 7702P
BASE CLOCK: 2.0 GHZ
BOOST CLOCK: UP TO 3.35 GHZ
CORES: 1 (fair use)
RAM: 1 GiB DDR4 3200 MHZ ECC
STORAGE: 20 GiB NVME PCIe 3.0 SSD
UPLINK: 1 GBIT
INCOMING TRAFFIC: UNMETERED
OUTGOING TRAFFIC: 2 TiB per Month
IPv4 ADDRESS: 1
IPV6 SUBNET: /64

15 € / annually exclusive VAT, if you are from the EU, VAT applies ORDER HERE!

General Information

Have fun!

Kind regards,

mxmla

Thanked by 1cold

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Do you have BGP session?

Thanked by 1mxmla
  • mxmlamxmla Member, Patron Provider

@yoursunny said:
    Do you have BGP session?

BGP Session are not available, I am sorry.

• Looking forward to discounts on regular configurations.

Thanked by 1mxmla

Let's see what happens for our anniversary in March :)

If you can't wait, reach out to us via Ticket and we see what we can offer ;)

• Great provider, I have with him one which is like a premium vps :)

Thanked by 1mxmla
  • "No refunds" doesn't sound good...

Thanked by 1mxmla
  • @mxmla said:
    Let's see what happens for our anniversary in March :)

If you can't wait, reach out to us via Ticket and we see what we can offer ;)

Here's hoping you'll get more storage for the storage plans. Was planning on upgrading my Storage VPS.

Thanked by 1mxmla

@cpsd said:
    Great provider, I have with him one which is like a premium vps :)

Thanks for your feedback!

@Carlin0 said:
    "No refunds" doesn't sound good...

If you or anybody else want to test for 24 hours just let me know via PM :)

@homeos said:
    Here's hoping you'll get more storage for the storage plans. Was planning on upgrading my Storage VPS.

For existing Storage VPS Customers we have spare Storage for Upgrades, just open a Ticket and ask for it ;)

• How does it perform in bench.monster ?

curl -LsO bench.monster/speedtest.sh; bash speedtest.sh

• @Carlin0 said:
    "No refunds" doesn't sound good...

I've just let the last of my servers with Max lapse, but that's only because after getting my last dedi, I've ended up with too many VPS instances I no longer need. But I'd definitely rate him as one of the best providers I've used.

I think I've had about 15 seconds of unexpected network downtime in the last 9 months, and he's incredibly good with advance notice of planned downtime, of which there was one short outage for an upgrade with over a week's notice.

Not really relevant to this offer as it's single core, but performance will initially look low when you do a YABS because he locks your cores to physical cores, so for the 2/4 vCPU plans, you have 2/4 threads on 1/2 dedicated cores, so while the scores might be half the headline figures compared to other places, it's guaranteed to be dedicated.

This is definitely one of the good providers.

Thanked by 2mxmla nick_

@ralf said:
    Not really relevant to this offer as it's single core, but performance will initially look low when you do a YABS because he locks your cores to physical cores, so for the 2/4 vCPU plans, you have 2/4 threads on 1/2 dedicated cores, so while the scores might be half the headline figures compared to other places, it's guaranteed to be dedicated.

ServerFactory had VDS up until 2022 Black Friday.
    I got one in the last batch, "1 thread ½ core".
    Whenever I use the CPU past 50%, the portion above 50% becomes steal.
    I like it this way.

Nowadays the new offers are all VPS.
    Customers must live in fear of getting suspended for exceeding fair use.

Thanked by 1mxmla
  • sunny being over dramatic again, it's simple, don't be a dick also never had issues with opting a ticket and getting hard limited enforced so I can let my process run without care.

Thanked by 1mxmla
  • raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited January 2023

@yoursunny said:

@ralf said:

I like it this way.

@yoursunny all these years I have been buying vps and dedis but never got suspended bcoz most of them idle. But yes I completely agree the fair usage clauses r open to interpretation. I am curious about how this host implements the dedicated clause. Wt if a script uses more cpu than allotted for a period? Does the system restrict cpu usage to max allowed or does it let the system use the resources if the host cpu has room? I wud prefer the host to lock down the cpu to max allowance

Thanked by 1mxmla

@raza19 said:
    @yoursunny all these years I have been buying vps and dedis but never got suspended bcoz most of them idle. But yes I completely agree the fair usage clauses r open to interpretation. I am curious about how this host implements the dedicated clause. Wt if a script uses more cpu than allotted for a period? Does the system restrict cpu usage to max allowed or does it let the system use the resources if the host cpu has room? I wud prefer the host to lock down the cpu to max allowance

In EPYC VDS that I have with this provider since 2022 Black Friday, CPU is throttled.
    Any usage above 50% would cause the excess portion to become steal.
    I can get precisely 50% core, not more not less.

There would be fair use for network bandwidth and storage bandwidth still.
    I set qBittorrent to 5MB/s and there's no problem.
    My other programs won't use network or storage in high amounts persistently.

Thanked by 3raza19 mxmla ralf
  • Is this a new node? Can we count on the same performance when the node is fully loaded?

root@bench:~# curl -LsO bench.monster/speedtest.sh; bash speedtest.sh -eu
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Region: Europe  https://bench.monster v.1.5.15 2022-12-31 
     Usage : curl -LsO bench.monster/speedtest.sh; bash speedtest.sh -Europe
     OS           : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (64 Bit)
     Virt/Kernel  : KVM / 5.10.0-20-amd64
     CPU Model    : AMD EPYC 7452 32-Core Processor
     CPU Cores    : 1 @ 2345.592 MHz x86_64 512 KB Cache
     CPU Flags    : AES-NI Enabled & VM-x/AMD-V Enabled
     Load Average : 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
     Total Space  : 20G (1.5G ~8% used)
     Total RAM    : 971 MB (87 MB + 310 MB Buff in use)
     Total SWAP   : 0 MB (0 MB in use)
     Uptime       : 0 days 0:0
     ASN & ISP    : AS211895, Serverius Holding B.V.
     Organization : Maximilian Jacobsen
     Location     : Dronten, Netherlands / NL
     Region       : Flevoland

## Geekbench v4 CPU Benchmark:

Single Core : 4774  (EXCELLENT)
       Multi Core : 4596

## IO Test

CPU Speed:
        bzip2     : 122 MB/s
       sha256     : 223 MB/s
       md5sum     : 505 MB/s

RAM Speed:
       Avg. write : 2833.1 MB/s
       Avg. read  : 8669.9 MB/s

Disk Speed:
       1st run    : 1.2 GB/s
       2nd run    : 1.2 GB/s
       3rd run    : 1.2 GB/s
       -----------------------
       Average    : 1228.8 MB/s

## Europe Speedtest.net

Location                         Upload           Download         Ping   
     Nearby                           646.51 Mbit/s    986.86 Mbit/s    1.145 ms
     UK, London (toob Ltd)            552.53 Mbit/s    983.42 Mbit/s     6.484 ms
     Netherlands, Amsterdam (XS News) 954.21 Mbit/s    967.92 Mbit/s     2.136 ms
     Germany, Berlin (DNS:NET)        319.95 Mbit/s    779.29 Mbit/s    21.658 ms
     Germany, Munich (InterNetX)      238.60 Mbit/s    735.29 Mbit/s    12.695 ms
     Denmark, Copenhagen (Fiberby)    455.82 Mbit/s    682.06 Mbit/s    12.612 ms
     Sweden, Stockholm (SUNET)        360.40 Mbit/s    499.28 Mbit/s    19.469 ms
     Norway, Oslo (NextGenTel)        231.21 Mbit/s    670.42 Mbit/s    23.748 ms
     France, Paris (Orange)           380.01 Mbit/s    832.86 Mbit/s    13.181 ms
     Spain, Madrid (MasMovil)         360.36 Mbit/s    710.39 Mbit/s    30.767 ms
     Italy, Rome (Unidata)            302.95 Mbit/s    507.94 Mbit/s    28.936 ms
     Czechia, Prague (Nordic Telecom) 360.40 Mbit/s    531.23 Mbit/s    16.627 ms
     Austria, Vienna (A1)             305.91 Mbit/s    624.99 Mbit/s    20.749 ms
     Poland, Warsaw (ISP Emitel)      421.11 Mbit/s    797.23 Mbit/s    21.406 ms
     Ukraine, Kyiv (KyivStar)         111.03 Mbit/s    503.36 Mbit/s    37.871 ms
     Latvia, Riga (Bite)              174.99 Mbit/s    493.65 Mbit/s    33.421 ms
     Romania, Bucharest (iNES)        236.21 Mbit/s    327.25 Mbit/s    40.738 ms
     Greece, Athens (GRNET)           237.17 Mbit/s    538.60 Mbit/s    41.529 ms
     Turkey, Urfa (Firatnet)          112.36 Mbit/s    257.71 Mbit/s    88.830 ms

Finished in : 8 min 31 sec
     Timestamp   : 2023-01-22 16:34:51 GMT
     Saved in    : /root/speedtest.log

Share results:
     - https://www.speedtest.net/result/14244612578.png
     - https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16703745
     - https://clbin.com/xSdjh

Thanked by 2kiffbirne mxmla

@ralf said:
    I've just let the last of my servers with Max lapse, but that's only because after getting my last dedi, I've ended up with too many VPS instances I no longer need. But I'd definitely rate him as one of the best providers I've used.

I think I've had about 15 seconds of unexpected network downtime in the last 9 months, and he's incredibly good with advance notice of planned downtime, of which there was one short outage for an upgrade with over a week's notice.

This is definitely one of the good providers.

Thank you for your feedback, I am very glad that our daily work leads to such experiences. If you are ever in need of a VDS/VPS, please let me know!

@yoursunny said:
    I like it this way.

Glad that our CPU Assignment of our VDS work for you :)

As of now we never suspended a Customer because of CPU Usage. Our EPYC Servers with 64 Cores are usually at around 10 % CPU Usage. Therefore there is no need to fear a suspension. We would reach out via E-Mail if we want to discuss CPU Usage.

@jugganuts said:
    sunny being over dramatic again, it's simple, don't be a dick also never had issues with opting a ticket and getting hard limited enforced so I can let my process run without care.

That's possible with us as well.

Customer just needs to open a Ticket and we will limit the CPU to the fair use limit (50% of CPU).

@raza19 said:

VDS: Already limited to the allowed CPU Usage
    VPS: 50% Usage is fine, if customer exceeds this for a longer period of time we will contact the customer (never happened until now), if customer wants we can limit the CPU to the fair use limit

@bench said:
    Is this a new node? Can we count on the same performance when the node is fully loaded?

Yeah, it is a new node. Storage I/O Performance will drop slightly as the node fills up, everything else should be consistent.

Thanked by 2ralf nick_
  • serverfactory is prem. underrated.

€9/year IPv6-only has reappeared.