Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloudVPS Transfer - 3 virtual servers in Frankfurt (4c/8GB/8T@10Gbps)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloudVPS Transfer - 3 virtual servers in Frankfurt (4c/8GB/8T@10Gbps)

I have 3 budget virtual servers which I purchased very recently from GreenCloudVPS available for transfer, all in Frankfurt (Germany) location. The servers are awesome but I decided not to continue to self host apps due to lack of time.

I paid $45 for one year for each server and the type of server is listed on https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/budget-kvm-sale as BudgetKVMDE-3. Each server has:

• 4 cores E5v4
  • 8 GB of RAM
  • 60 GB of storage
  • 8TB of bandwidth per month
  • 10Gbps port speed

Next due date:

• 1sr next due on Jan 9, 2024
  • 2nd next due on Jan 12, 2024
  • 3rd next due on Jan 16, 2024

Recurring amount is $45/year per server. I am looking for $35 per server paid via PayPal. As you can see each server has almost a whole year left so it's IMO a great deal.

This is the first time I do a transfer so if I am missing something please let me know :)

Example YABS (they are all very similar):

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
#                     v2022-12-29                    #
# https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Mon Jan  9 04:11:14 PM GMT 2023

Basic System Information:
---------------------------------
Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 5 minutes
Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2698 v4 @ 2.20GHz
CPU cores  : 4 @ 2199.984 MHz
AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
RAM        : 7.8 GiB
Swap       : 4.0 GiB
Disk       : 55.1 GiB
Distro     : Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
Kernel     : 5.15.0-47-generic

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
Read       | 161.11 MB/s  (40.2k) | 639.64 MB/s   (9.9k)
Write      | 161.54 MB/s  (40.3k) | 643.01 MB/s  (10.0k)
Total      | 322.66 MB/s  (80.6k) | 1.28 GB/s    (20.0k)
           |                      |
Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
Read       | 713.79 MB/s   (1.3k) | 724.84 MB/s    (707)
Write      | 751.72 MB/s   (1.4k) | 773.12 MB/s    (755)
Total      | 1.46 GB/s     (2.8k) | 1.49 GB/s     (1.4k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
-----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.22 Gbits/sec  | 472 Mbits/sec   | 13.8 ms
Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 2.68 Gbits/sec  | 2.80 Gbits/sec  | 16.1 ms
Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.28 Gbits/sec  | 714 Mbits/sec   | 88.4 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
-----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 7.75 Gbits/sec  | 470 Mbits/sec   | 13.8 ms
Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 2.98 Gbits/sec  | 16.4 ms
Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.63 Gbits/sec  | 2.15 Gbits/sec  | 87.3 ms

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
Test            | Value
                |
Single Core     | 719
Multi Core      | 2668
Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/19794562

YABS completed in 6 min 18 sec

Comments

• Please reserve for me .

• @vitobotta have you moved full SaaS then? If so, what are the SaaS services of your choice now (that replaced the self-hosted apps?)

• @inthecloudblog said:
    Please reserve for me .

OK, for now I'll mark it as reserved but for how long?

• @inthecloudblog said:
    Please reserve for me .

It seems I can't edit the OP. I'll keel it in mind but let me know asap if you confirm that you are going ahead. Also just one or more than one?

• @Ympker said:
    @vitobotta have you moved full SaaS then? If so, what are the SaaS services of your choice now (that replaced the self-hosted apps?)

Yes I moved everything to hosted services. I love self hosting but now I have one more reason not to do it, because I enrolled in the Offensive Security academy to get some certifications in cybersecurity, and therefore I want to dedicate my free time to it and nothing else for now.

For Nextcloud I switched to Hetzner' s managed Storage Share, for Mastodon to ruby.social etc.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @vitobotta said:

@Ympker said:
    @vitobotta have you moved full SaaS then? If so, what are the SaaS services of your choice now (that replaced the self-hosted apps?)

Yes I moved everything to hosted services. I love self hosting but now I have one more reason not to do it, because I enrolled in the Offensive Security academy to get some certifications in cybersecurity, and therefore I want to dedicate my free time to it and nothing else for now.

For Nextcloud I switched to Hetzner' s managed Storage Share, for Mastodon to ruby.social etc.

Hetzner seems like a solid choice. I chose a similar path for web hosting (WordPress hosting). When I first joined LE forums, I would play around a lot with VPS and would also host WP on a vps. A while ago, I have really come to prefer the convenience of Shared Hosting that is managed elsewhere, comes with (paid) licenses already included like Softaculous, DA/cPanel, JetBackup... and often daily backups (not that I won't take additional backups, but..you get the idea). Honestly, when HostMantis still was running highly performant and things weren't going downhill with them, their shared hosting was highly performant, one of the best I've seen. A VPS wouldn't perform better out of the box, anyway. With optimization a vps might perform better, but good shared hosting is what I've come to love when it comes to WordPress.

• The most recent is being transferred to @ipguru - 2 VPS remaining.

Thanked by 1ipguru
  • @Ympker said:
    Hetzner seems like a solid choice. I chose a similar path for web hosting (WordPress hosting). When I first joined LE forums, I would play around a lot with VPS and would also host WP on a vps. A while ago, I have really come to prefer the convenience of Shared Hosting that is managed elsewhere, comes with (paid) licenses already included like Softaculous, DA/cPanel, JetBackup... and often daily backups (not that I won't take additional backups, but..you get the idea). Honestly, when HostMantis still was running highly performant and things weren't going downhill with them, their shared hosting was highly performant, one of the best I've seen. A VPS wouldn't perform better out of the box, anyway. With optimization a vps might perform better, but good shared hosting is what I've come to love when it comes to WordPress.

Where do you host your Wordpress sites now? if I may ask :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Chalipa said:

@Ympker said:

I don't use Wordpress. I use my own blogging platform called DynaBlogger which I am going to open source soon. It's hosted in fly.io now.

• TrKTrK Member

Sounds good for me too, although it would have been a great deal for me if it was in SG but i guess DE will do just fine as well, i am tempted to try out easypanel for some reason and i guess it would work fine, Just a question is there any transferring fee or it's just $35 entirely?.

• @Chalipa said:

@Ympker said:

I currently host my wp sites on MyW aka @MikePT lifetime plan. Been happy with the performance there for years now :) Regular backups ensure that I can move any time I want/need to.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @TrK said:
    Sounds good for me too, although it would have been a great deal for me if it was in SG but i guess DE will do just fine as well, i am tempted to try out easypanel for some reason and i guess it would work fine, Just a question is there any transferring fee or it's just $35 entirely?.

There is a $10 transfer fee for the 3rd virtual server but I will take it.

Thanked by 1TrK
  • TrKTrK Member

@vitobotta said:

@TrK said:

Then i will take one, thanks for the amazing offer!

• @TrK said:

@vitobotta said:

@TrK said:

Then i will take one, thanks for the amazing offer!

OK I'll DM you in a minute

• @Chalipa said:

@Ympker said:

BTW I said fly.io but I didn't like it much so switched to Heroku

• Second VPS being transferred to @TrK - one VPS remaining

Thanked by 1TrK
  • I will take third thanks dm me details

• 3rd and last VPS being transferred to @codelock :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Ympker said:

@Chalipa said:

@Ympker said:

I currently host my wp sites on MyW aka @MikePT lifetime plan. Been happy with the performance there for years now :) Regular backups ensure that I can move any time I want/need to.

Thanks mate <3

Thanked by 1Ympker