Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus

HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
edited January 2023 in News

Received this email recently:

Dear valued customers,

We are pleased to inform you that today our company has been acquired by CDLAN SPA, a company that we have had a long-standing partnership with for many years. This acquisition will allow us to expand our product and service offerings and strengthen our position in the market.

CDLAN has a strong reputation for providing high-quality services for B2B market and we look forward to working with them to bring you even more value and to continuing to serve you in the future.

We want to assure you that this acquisition will not affect our commitment to providing you with the best possible service. Our team will continue to work hard to meet your needs and exceed your expectations.

Starting from the next billing cycle the invoices will come from CDLAN SPA, this mean that existing Paypal and Stripe recurring payments are going to be cancelled and you need to subscribe them again.

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Salvatore Sciacco
CTO
Prometeus

Wishing you the best in your next steps Salvatore/Uncle. You've ran a great ship and looking forward to the next move. If I meet you IRL, first round's on me.

CC: @prometeus @Maounique

Thanked by 3Crab Janevski Ympker

Comments

• Never heard of CDLAN, but the name makes me think about a LAN party in the early days when CD's were a thing...

All the best to Salvatore and crew!

• HalfEatenPotatoe :relieved:

• every customer will get a free SPA day now from CDLAN SPA

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Raymii said:
    Never heard of CDLAN

It has always been their upstream in Italy.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2023

@Nyr said: It has always been their upstream in Italy.

Uncle works there as a consultant and was CTO some years ago. He designed their new datacenter when they expanded to own building instead of just renting floors from someone else and C21 is a Tier 4 Datacenter now, possibly the most modern in Italy to date. Some people might remember the nightmarish move we performed, even as it was a few hundred of meters away only, the fibercut to the other building etc.
    His current job and his age no longer allow for taking care of Prometeus separately, so we are now under the same umbrella, still in Uncle's "courtyard" sort of speak.
    There are plans to expand, bringing our international perspective to what it is mostly an Italian-centric company (as people say, few have heard of CDLAN, in spite of being a pretty big provider in Italy, including internet access to companies and people).
    https://www.cdlan.it/en/

• @Maounique Can you pass message to uncle sal that I am wishing him all the best.

Thanked by 2Maounique vedran
  • @Maounique said:

@Nyr said: It has always been their upstream in Italy.

Uncle works there as a consultant and was CTO some years ago. He designed their new datacenter when they expanded to own building instead of just renting floors from someone else and C21 is a Tier 4 Datacenter now, possibly the most modern in Italy to date. Some people might remember the nightmarish move we performed, even as it was a few hundred of meters away only, the fibercut to the other building etc.
    His current job and his age no longer allow for taking care of Prometeus separately, so we are now under the same umbrella, still in Uncle's "courtyard" sort of speak.
    There are plans to expand, bringing our international perspective to what it is mostly an Italian-centric company (as people say, few have heard of CDLAN, in spite of being a pretty big provider in Italy, including internet access to companies and people).
    https://www.cdlan.it/en/

I wish him and everyone over there the best. You've all been a great bunch of folks and it's always been a pleasure working with you all. While last time we directly chatted has been years, Sal's always been a top notch individual. Wishing the best in his health and his life. Also I know you've been integral to running Prometeus as well. Wishing the best for everyone there. Nothing but respect.

Thanked by 2Maounique vedran