Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Dell poweredge R530, only pay for shipping!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Dell poweredge R530, only pay for shipping!

I have this old relic of a server :

Dell poweredge R530
-2x intel xeon 2407 cpus
-32gb ddr3 ecc memory
-8 x 2tb sas hdd disks
-Rack rails included

Tested and working, has been used for storage for a long time. Not needed anymore, and since it is hard to get anything for it locally, i would like to give it to someone here, who would actually use it for something useful. The server market here is very limited, and for those who are actually running such equipment here, they want newer hardware, and not old relics like this. Yes i can post it locally and give it away, but then it would just get in the hands of someone looking to make money. I want to give the server to someone who actually are going to USE IT, and not just resell it for a few $$

To get the server, you have to :
-Have a account here who isnt brand new, and have some not spammy posts from it.
-Be able to pick it up, or arrange / pay for shipping
-Tell us what you are going to use it for
-When recieved, show us that you are actually using it, and not just reselling it for profits.

The server is located in Eastern Norway. If you are able to pick it up, it would be 100% for free. If you cannot pick it up, i can arrange shipping, at the recievers cost

If this is not allowed, please just delete the post.

Heres a bad photo of the actual server :
https://imgur.com/a/YLKb4Ys

Heres a photo of the disk model in the server :
https://imgur.com/XXkTJKD

Ill pick someone within 24 hours to get the server.

Comments

• TrKTrK Member

If the shipping won't be too much i will probably use it to host PLEX! Well good luck whoever gets it!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Thank you. I might use it for NAS and API gateway endpoints.

• _cece_cece Member
    edited January 2023

Oh That'S a great machine. I would use it as a hypervisor, where the disk space would be used as a nas (unraid). Also I would run a mailcow instance at home. the rest of the computational power I would donate to WCG; so it would replace my BOINC machine where I run WCG on it.

• This would’ve made a great Plex server me as well but sadly the shipping cost and customs and crap like that would cost more than the hardware.

• Cool. I would replace my current "oldie" server that is around 10 years old.
    They are running multiple vms on a KVM Host for different projects. The current host is running mostly on solar energy from my garden.
    But currently its winter, so there isnt so many power available.

• @d2411 said:
    Cool. I would replace my current "oldie" server that is around 10 years old.
    They are running multiple vms on a KVM Host for different projects. The current host is running mostly on solar energy from my garden.
    But currently its winter, so there isnt so many power available.

Something like this would work for me!

• If you pick me, I'll use it to host some game servers for old but gold game: GTA (SAMP, MTA) at my home as I got pretty nice speed.
    I actually got one running at my home and I'm providing a free game servers for players who don't have money for it.
    This one would also just provide me to offer more free servers to players. :smile: