Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for US West Coast Anti-DDoS VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for US West Coast Anti-DDoS VPS

Hello to anyone here, this is my first post.

I am currently looking for a DDoS resistant VPS on the US West Coast with the. following specifications at least

1vCore
1~2GB RAM
10GB storage will be enough
1Gbps unlimited traffic (10Gbps should be impossible, right?)
If you can have a firewall control is better

Budget 10~15USD, I do not know the price in the market, if not enough I am willing to add, of course, the lower the better.

My use is to set up a Minecraft server proxy, but very often affected by attacks, attacks are probably around 5Gbps.
Although the main server is located in Asia, but the traffic is too expensive, I have to sacrifice the network delay.

If anyone can give me advice, it would be really appreciated!

Comments

• I would check DediPath. They have multiple locations on West Coast and offer DDoS Protection. @Ernie

Thanked by 1Ernie
  • @Cloudcone has Voxility, @Ernie has INAP's mitigation, @Francisco has Path which should have filters for Minecraft, there's probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Thanked by 2Cloudcone Ernie
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Do you really need a 1Gbps unmetered for Minecraft?????

Thanked by 1Zyra
  • @MikeA said:

Even busy servers struggle to use over a few TB of traffic yeah. Definitely fine with ~5TB cap.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2023

If Las Vegas is west coast enough for you then BuyVM will take care of you. Decent routes to Asia and great DDoS protection.

• @fluffernutter said:
    @Cloudcone has Voxility, @Ernie has INAP's mitigation, @Francisco has Path which should have filters for Minecraft, there's probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Thank you, I'll check it out.

• @MikeA said:

Actually, I don't need that much, 20Mbps is enough for me.
    What I'm afraid of is an attack that causes a lot of incoming traffic to take up the bandwidth and cause the host to be overloaded and disconnected.
    I had a host in Singapore before, but that one was not DDoS resistant, and the incoming attack traffic was over 5TB that day. 🥶

• 10-15, is it monthly or annually? You can get a JP vps if it’s monthly.

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

@concept said:
    I would check DediPath. They have multiple locations on West Coast and offer DDoS Protection. @Ernie

Thanks for the mention. We definitely can help!

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

@fluffernutter said:
    @Cloudcone has Voxility, @Ernie has INAP's mitigation, @Francisco has Path which should have filters for Minecraft, there's probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Thanks for the mention. Our DDoS protection is actually via Path.

• DediRockDediRock Member, Patron Provider

https://www.dedirock.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=22

30GB Disk

2TB Bandwidth

4GB RAM

1 CPU Core

1 IPv4

We can do this out of Los Angeles or Oregon, whichever you prefer.

9.38/Mo

• Although the main server is located in Asia, but the traffic is too expensive, I have to sacrifice the network delay.

If you're okay with OVH VAC, then you can get one of their SGP servers for lower latency

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Resen said:

@MikeA said:

Actually, I don't need that much, 20Mbps is enough for me.
    What I'm afraid of is an attack that causes a lot of incoming traffic to take up the bandwidth and cause the host to be overloaded and disconnected.
    I had a host in Singapore before, but that one was not DDoS resistant, and the incoming attack traffic was over 5TB that day. 🥶

I have VPS in Singapore on OVH, as well as VPS in Tokyo, and VPS in Los Angeles. All have DDoS protection, maybe see if one works out for you.

• @Ernie said:

@fluffernutter said:

Oh gross, I knew your dedicated protection was path but I was hoping the complimentary protection was INAP inline.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited January 2023

@fluffernutter said:

@Ernie said:

@fluffernutter said:

Oh gross, I knew your dedicated protection was path but I was hoping the complimentary protection was INAP inline.

Sadly 2 DDoS-Protection firms dominate, neither is good...
    Voxility net-neutrality stance is ass, so is their DDoS protection.
    Path has good protection on the other hand, but its run by people I would not wish anyone to deal with.

I wish more companies(even the "sizable" ones that still use external ddos prot for some reason) moved to their in-house protection, even tho it probably wont be able to handle as much volumetric power as "external" solution - it supports decentralization of the internet, a thing it was meant to achieve. I believe providers like @vsys_host or BuyVM can dedicate 100G or even their redundancy link towards ddos protection and launching own filtering appliance(there is a bunch of managed ddos prot software you can run on it).
    Both of these hosting providers go above and beyond in protecting freedom of speech and freedom for foreign laws. The only thing which In my opinion is bad about both of them, is their DDoS protection - not in terms of filtering capacity, but rather that its an absolutely essential service in modern age yet its dominated by few companies which have a very aggressive, "corpo style" and govt butt-licking freedom of speech stance.
    It has been proven multiple times that DDoS protection provider can effectively make a company drop a client or leave him completely without any protection - also happens with Tier 1's, however there are multiple protections at least in European law which make it harder for an oppressive carrier to disrupt any service.

I should have not tell anyone why is it bad, it should be obvious to anyone who has more than 2 brain cells that today someone can be attacked - but tomorrow politics might change and it will be you. Giving anyone such power is like voting for a Communist party, you cannot come back.

As a side note; EFF started an action to push Tier 1's and Gov to not "moderate" the internet https://protectthestack.org/.

As a person with no experience in pushing such infra to production, I believe it wont be more expensive(or even way cheaper) than a completely external solution - depends on the location tho.

• @treesmokah said:

@fluffernutter said:

@Ernie said:

@fluffernutter said:

Sadly 2 DDoS-Protection firms dominate, neither is good...
    Voxility net-neutrality stance is ass, so is their DDoS protection.
    Path has good protection on the other hand, but its run by people I would not wish anyone to deal with.

I wish more companies(even the "sizable" ones that still use external ddos prot for some reason) moved to their in-house protection, even tho it probably wont be able to handle as much volumetric power as "external" solution - it supports decentralization of the internet, a thing it was meant to achieve. I believe providers like @vsys_host or BuyVM can dedicate 100G or even their redundancy link towards ddos protection and launching own filtering appliance(there is a bunch of managed ddos prot software you can run on it).
    Both of these hosting providers go above and beyond in protecting freedom of speech and freedom for foreign laws. The only thing which In my opinion is bad about both of them, is their DDoS protection - not in terms of filtering capacity, but rather that its an absolutely essential service in modern age yet its dominated by few companies which have a very aggressive, "corpo style" and govt butt-licking freedom of speech stance.
    It has been proven multiple times that DDoS protection provider can effectively make a company drop a client or leave him completely without any protection - also happens with Tier 1's, however there are multiple protections at least in European law which make it harder for an oppressive carrier to disrupt any service.

I should have not tell anyone why is it bad, it should be obvious to anyone who has more than 2 brain cells that today someone can be attacked - but tomorrow politics might change and it will be you. Giving anyone such power is like voting for a Communist party, you cannot come back.

As a side note; EFF started an action to push Tier 1's and Gov to not "moderate" the internet https://protectthestack.org/.

As a person with no experience in pushing such infra to production, I believe it wont be more expensive(or even way cheaper) than a completely external solution - depends on the location tho.

It fucking sucks too since there's several providers that offer wonderful protection, you just don't see many LE* hosts using them. I'm a happy customer of both Global Secure Layer and DataPacket and both have fantastic protection as well as very performant networks. INAP does their own filtering at the upstream level, so I was hoping DediPath took advantage of that since most of their POPs are INAP, but I guess not. Using INAP directly, they mitigated several 100+ gbps floods back when I used to host game servers with them. Solid protection there.

• ResenResen Member
    edited January 2023

@TanXS said:
    10-15, is it monthly or annually? You can get a JP vps if it’s monthly.

Of course it's monthly, if it's yearly it's crazy. :D

• I have VPS in Singapore on OVH, as well as VPS in Tokyo, and VPS in Los Angeles. All have DDoS protection, maybe see if one works out for you.

Thanks, I will also try to see.
    But does this provide UDP defense?

• I got 2 recommendations in Singapore. Probably provide less latency than server in West US.
    @speedypage got their Singapore kvm just restocked, I think they provide DDoS protection of their vps.
    Or @Abd they have a up to 20Gbps DDoS protection. But their traffic is less than speedypage (5T and 2T). And they don’t provide smaller plan, least is 4v 8g which is a bit overkill for proxy.
    Check them if you still need one for proxy.