Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your connection speed and how much do you pay for it? (also where are you based) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's your connection speed and how much do you pay for it? (also where are you based)

13»

Comments

• Norway:
    100/100 FTTH - €75/month

Romania:
    1000/1000 FTTH - €8/month

• sgno1sgno1 Member
    edited January 2023

1G Download, 50Mbit Upload, UK - £40

• Nordics. 600/300 Mbps (about 450/250 Mbps through OpenVPN), 20€/m

I've put a 4G/LTE 100Mbps (actual is more like 50/25 Mbps) prepaid as failover, comes to about 2€/month depending if I need it. Works quite well actually and I've sometimes been few hours on failover connection without noticing

• BingoBongoBingoBongo Member
    edited January 2023

@Arkas said:

@BingoBongo said: Speed: 1 Gbp/s (Both Up/Down)
    Data: Unlimited
    Free Perks: Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, Discovery+, Lionsgate Play and other 15 services in >total for free

Price: ₹ 3999 ($49) + GST Monthly

Edited: IPv4 + IPv6 connection as well

That's so cheap! Are the subscriptions legal? Just the first 3 subscriptions would cost the same without any internet. I only have Netflix now, as I don't want to add expenses when I can use them to get more VPSs instead :smiley:

Why do you think a telecom service provider can provide illegal subscriptions!!??

Off course they all are legal.. almost all indian Inrernet providers and telecoms are partner with these OTT services..

And even if you buy these service separately you can find all streaming service are dirt cheap in INdia

In India Netflix plans starts from ₹ 149/m = $1.8

And Amazon Prime membership now ₹ 1500/yr = $18

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@BingoBongo said: And even if you buy these service separately you can find all streaming service are dirt cheap in INdia

I should use a VPN and order them from India then, it sounds that it'll be much cheaper!

• @Arkas said:

@BingoBongo said: And even if you buy these service separately you can find all streaming service are dirt cheap in INdia

I should use a VPN and order them from India then, it sounds that it'll be much cheaper!

I think most of OTTs in India only works on Residential IPs.. so regular VPNs might not work however I'm not sure about that.. but yes we have cheaper rates and contents are same as India do not apply censor on OTTs.. so all international content + Indian contents + High speed Internet :love:

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Something like $150/month for 600 down/10 up on comcast.

It's the 10 up that kills me.

Well, and the pricetag.

And this is in Portland, Oregon.

They tell me at any moment they're putting fiber into our neighborhood and they actually did schedule and cancel once, so maybe. I would really prefer 300/100 or something like that, but I suppose most people are just sucking down Netflix and not doing backups to the cloud.

• 940/940, FTTH, 23 USD, Chile.

• 1000/1000 Mbit/s + static IPv4 & IPv6/64

€45/month

In Denmark.

• 200/200, India, 1143 INR or about $14.

• 10 Meg fixed wireless, and before you ask that is all there is here, 350GB a month allowance for 70 bucks a month.

• 500Mbps/500Mbps (Actual ~ 600 Mbps), $65+tax. AT&T Fiber
    Georgia, USA
    Much better and reliable compared to Comcast... symmetric upload/download, no data cap.

• @vitobotta said:
    Curious to compare offers with other countries. I live in Finland, and I just upgraded my home broadband to 1000/400, and it now costs me 29 euros per month. What about you? I am curious mostly about home connections, since business connections can be faster but also much more expensive.

I was wondering how wud ur isp react if u were hosting a full fledge server at home that was consuming in excess of a 100TB per month, wud it violate any fair usage policy?

• @raza19 said:

@vitobotta said:
    Curious to compare offers with other countries. I live in Finland, and I just upgraded my home broadband to 1000/400, and it now costs me 29 euros per month. What about you? I am curious mostly about home connections, since business connections can be faster but also much more expensive.

I was wondering how wud ur isp react if u were hosting a full fledge server at home that was consuming in excess of a 100TB per month, wud it violate any fair usage policy?

Most, if not all, have clauses in their contracts that prohibit you from using them for this precise purpose

Thanked by 1raza19
  • 1000/1000 + 1 ipv4 = $86 - Philippines

• @raza19 said:

@vitobotta said:

I dunno, my broadband is unlimited but I haven’t tested how true that is

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2023

Starlink (Typically a Chicago POP) and our beta VPN product.

Idaho (173Mbps): https://www.speedtest.net/result/14214941726

New York (182Mbps): https://www.speedtest.net/result/14214962420

Netherlands (97Mbps) https://www.speedtest.net/result/14214978551

Starlink by itself (240Mbps): https://www.speedtest.net/result/14214995433

The speed is very sporadic. The Starlink speedtest without the VPN first was about 150Mbps, then I retested and got 240Mbps. It changes with some frequency since the dish needs to connect to different/new sats all the time.

Perfectly suitable for working from home, streaming 4K video and music. I like that I can run local updates without worrying about my data usage now or without having to set aside hours to DL packages. If you work from home, setup a VPN else your IP will change more often than you'd like if certain things you use force you to log back in if it detects IP changes. Can be frustrating.

Get the ethernet adapter and bypass the Starlink router with your own gear and be happy if you're a rural living kinda guy like me. No fiber, no DSL, really poor cell service (4G). Used to subscribe to a local WISP that no longer is around and that was the only option for halfway decent internet, even with its 50Gb /mo limit and max speed of 5 or 6Mbps.

• LexLex Member
    edited January 2023

@vitobotta said:

@henix said:
    1000/1000 for €5 in Romania

Very cheap

Oh my. What is the fastest connection available and for how much?

I can answer that. The biggest ISP in RO has recently (one year ago) started offering 2.5Gbps and 10Gbps connections at 9€ and 10€ (both dl/up, they do guarantee way less but in my experience they always deliver around 90% of the "advertised one")

The 1Gbit is 8€ (newer plans, @henix probably is on an older/cheaper priced plan)

Buuut >1Gbit is only available in certain regions, with preorder and it takes awhile to get it set up.

Thanked by 1henix
  • 5 mbit - 25$ Indonesia
    Only local ISP have stable ping and connection so far :D
    I live in rural area, even telkomsel dropped so hard :D

• jcolidelesjcolideles Member
    edited January 2023

200/200 fiber, Converge ICT - Philippines = 25€/month

• 10gbps up/down Spain 30e/month

• 100mbps up/down, fiber indonesia 350 thousand rupiah or 21.5€/month
    good network but i definitely need better router to cover entire area of my house

• @zeze said:
    1000/1000 + 1 ipv4 = $86 - Philippines

which provider? is it covering all of PH?

• @Lex said:

@vitobotta said:

@henix said:
    1000/1000 for €5 in Romania

Very cheap

Oh my. What is the fastest connection available and for how much?

I can answer that. The biggest ISP in RO has recently (one year ago) started offering 2.5Gbps and 10Gbps connections at 9€ and 10€ (both dl/up, they do guarantee way less but in my experience they always deliver around 90% of the "advertised one")

The 1Gbit is 8€ (newer plans, @henix probably is on an older/cheaper priced plan)

Buuut >1Gbit is only available in certain regions, with preorder and it takes awhile to get it set up.

^ He explained it perfectly.

• 200/200 in Indonesia for $30/month

• BingoBongoBingoBongo Member
    edited January 2023

Damn! With all these comments and network speed/pricing it's feel like it's a privilege that I born in India..

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2023

5 Gbps/5 Gbps for $54.95 CAD/mo. Toronto, Canada.

Local test: https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/45a1af3e-5b9b-43a1-b19e-edb0d9e954c6
    Another Speedtest: https://www.speedtest.net/result/14216882039

Edit: Everyone seems to be using EUR lol — the equivalent is roughly 37.90€, or 42.83€ after tax.

• emperoremperor Member
    edited January 2023

150/150 FTTH in North Macedonia for 10€/m. Previously i had that for 16€/m but got promo package with 150 tv channels for same price.

@Arkas said: I should use a VPN and order them from India then

You cant with India, but you can with Turkey as that cost 3-4$ for 2nd plan

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

100 mbps FTTH + mobile line for 30€

O2 Spain.

I am happy with the service and the price.

• umzumz Member

5G unlimited data, calls and sms, prepaid €50