Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If choose one from these 2 domain below build a linux forum, which one should I use?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

If choose one from these 2 domain below build a linux forum, which one should I use?

Domain 1st:wetalklinux.com
Domain 2nd:rhelforum.com
I'd say they're both pretty decent domains, but the second one is specific for RHEL, just curious, not really mean to build a forum (at least for now).

Comments

• $7

Thanked by 1greentea
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

$8

Thanked by 1greentea
  • I don't mind you put them into auction. But they're not eligible to be put into auction yet, lol.

1. $9
    Thanked by 1greentea
  • Heck, everyone has lost the ability to read and comprehend the original intention of the thread

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited January 2023

$10

Joking aside, of those 2: wetalklinux.com unless you want to be RHEL specific.

Maybe we brainstorm some alternatives.

Thanked by 2TanXS greentea
  • @plumberg said:
    Heck, everyone has lost the ability to read and comprehend the original intention of the thread

Debian, thx

Thanked by 3plumberg rm_ dystopia
  • @Shot2 said:

@plumberg said:
    Heck, everyone has lost the ability to read and comprehend the original intention of the thread

Debian, thx

Alma/ Rocky FTW

1. €12
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2023

@crunchbits said: Joking aside, of those 2: wetalklinux.com unless you want to be RHEL specific.

And don't be entirely surprised if you eventually get sued by RedHat for using the 2nd one.

• stonedstoned Member
    edited January 2023

RHEL specific will be a niche and smaller community and a smaller site with lower traffic.

A general Linux talk forum would end up becoming bigger overtime and have more natural organic Linux related traffic, etc.

Do the wetalklinux and create a support forum for RHEL folks within.

Thanked by 1TanXS
  • @stoned said:
    RHEL specific will be a niche and smaller community and a smaller site with lower traffic.

A general Linux talk forum would end up becoming bigger overtime and have more natural organic Linux related traffic, etc.

Do the wetalklinux and create a support forum for RHEL folks within.

That's a nice suggestion. Will think about it if I really decide to create forum, really love the first domain I registered.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • "Wet a LK Linux"????

• What about linuxtiptalk.com, still available.

• lowendlinux.com

• @TanXS said: Domain 1st:wetalklinux.com

google and bing still give small weightage to keyword domains. So, Linux will be better choice. Also, considering real user POV, people will click more on linux domain than rhel, since linux is more wider topic.

Thanked by 1TanXS
  • @plumberg said:

This would have been funny if you then went and posted something like domain selling rules...

• @TimboJones said:

@plumberg said:

This would have been funny if you then went and posted something like domain selling rules...

Maybe you should do that now

• @plumberg said:

$6.9

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • DediRockDediRock Member, Patron Provider

@plumberg said:

$8

I'd go with wetalklinux.com

Thanked by 1plumberg