Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How consistent/accurate is YABS over time on the same server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How consistent/accurate is YABS over time on the same server?

Wondering how consistent and accurate YABS really is over time on the same server/KVM/VPS?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it should be basically 99%+ consistent on a dedicated server assuming you don't change the hardware, etc., and barring any hardware issues or major network congestion, right?

But on KVM/VPS, I assume it would fluctuate quite a bit -- I assume this considering all the neighbors on the same machine, etc., and the potential that the host might start to oversell, etc... but again, correct me if I'm wrong.

I didn't know about YABS before I joined this forum, so I don't have enough data yet over time with my own machines to really draw any conclusions yet, but anecdotally, I've noticed several VPS instances I've had over the years seem to degrade significantly at times. Which is one reason I've been migrating back to dedicated servers, so I know I have a consistent set of resources. It would have been interesting to track YABS over time though to see the most consistent services I had.

So I'm curious about your experience, what do you find to be the real-world fluctuation or degradation (or improvement!) of YABS over time?

And do you find some hosts tend to be much more reliable/consistent?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Comments

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

If you run the script on the same dedicated server without load (a clean system and the server does nothing but YASB), the results should be approximately the same.
    If the script was run the first time on a clean server and the second time after some time when the server was in production, and there was a load, the results will differ.
    In the case of VPS, YASB can show better results at a low node load (that is, the host can provide more resources on VPS than what was paid for under a low load on the node). Still, regardless of time, YASB should show the characteristics of VPS for which it was paid, if it shows significantly fewer means that the hoster oversells or there is a problem with the node on which VPS and you need to contact support.

Thanked by 1jlet88
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2023

If your dedi is at idle, using the same kernel and os, yes.
    Load, New Kernels, Thermals, can impact the performance the one way or the other.

On a VPS, depends how many machines the provider puts on it.
    May get worse over time.

Thanked by 1jlet88