Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Year Promotion at Contabo – 50% off Location Fee for Cloud VPS, VDS, and more!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Year Promotion at Contabo – 50% off Location Fee for Cloud VPS, VDS, and more!

contabo_mcontabo_m Member, Patron Provider

As we enter into 2023, we want to help you kick off the year with more redundancy at a lower cost. So we’ve got a special promotion for you – 50% Off the Location Fee for our Cloud VPS, VDS, Storage VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Object Storage for a limited time only.

Anyone can benefit from this promotion: no matter if you’re our existing or new customer. The discounts are available for both new purchases and upgrades of existing instances, but not for migrations from one Location to another.

Hurry to grab this opportunity to try out new Locations at a lower price. Happy New Year!

Comments

• :) Happy 2023 to you!

Thanked by 1contabo_m
  • Sad.

Thanked by 1kait
  • kaitkait Member
    edited January 2023

@LTniger said:
    Sad.

Was way to hyped didn't read it correctly :(
    I really want a recurring deal for a vps.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@contabo_m

Maybe it's just me being clueless, but: what is the location fee? And how much is it normally (not 50% off)?

Also: wasn't small the VPS always €5.99, even without promotion? And, again maybe just me, but it seems that the smallest VDS was much cheaper than it's now.

Please, kindly enlighten me.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@jsg said:
    @contabo_m

Maybe it's just me being clueless, but: what is the location fee? And how much is it normally (not 50% off)?

Also: wasn't small the VPS always €5.99, even without promotion? And, again maybe just me, but it seems that the smallest VDS was much cheaper than it's now.

Please, kindly enlighten me.

VPS isn't a lower price, just the locations. It shows at checkout.

Thanked by 2jsg contabo_m
  • LOL. Such an interesting offer. Why don't they charge based on the % of CPU steal on their VPS? They could make a shit ton of money that way

• Trash as always.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Last time I checked there were no setup fees for the U.S. So is it a discount of 50% or a raise in price of $0.72 to $1.02 for the U.S. ? :neutral:

• @Arkas said:
    Last time I checked there were no setup fees for the U.S. So is it a discount of 50% or a raise in price of $0.72 to $1.02 for the U.S. ? :neutral:

it's always been there, unless promo going on. maybe you last checked during BF or christmas ;-)

@vitobotta said: Why don't they charge based on the % of CPU steal on their VPS?

interesting. weren't you the one to open a praising thread not long ago?

Thanked by 1contabo_m
  • @Falzo said:

@Arkas said:

it's always been there, unless promo going on. maybe you last checked during BF or christmas ;-)

@vitobotta said: Why don't they charge based on the % of CPU steal on their VPS?

interesting. weren't you the one to open a praising thread not long ago?

I didn't "praise" them. I said that they were not THAT bad, but then after using it for a few days I saw that the CPU steal was often high. That's it. I would probably still be using the VPS for non critical stuff like Mastodon if I hadn't bought from GreenCloud as recommended by some. I got two VPS for the same price as one with Contabo, so double the specs and the performance is definitely better and the CPU steal is constantly at 0.
    I contacted Contabo about the CPU steal and all I got after waiting for long was a clearly automated response saying that they'd need access to my server to check things. Of course I am not gonna given them access to my data. There's only one explanation for high CPU steal if the load inside the VM is very low like in my case: the host is oversold. That's why I am a bit bitter with Contabo now, mostly because of what I got from support :D