Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reselling DirectAdmin vs cPanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reselling DirectAdmin vs cPanel

Do you guys think letting go of cPanel and focus in 1 Control Panel (DirectAdmin) is a wise choice?

Comments

• ivlad ivlad Member
    edited January 2023

Depends on your overhead vs. your sales. cPanel is trendy and easier to use but can cost way more. Directadmin is cheaper but not as user-friendly and less popular. In recent times Directadmin has been gaining popularity, though. So it can be profitable.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Do not touch cPanel. They will squeeze your balls tighter every year until they have you on welfare.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Cpanel UI seems to get a lot of complaints!

DirectAdmin is pretty good these days, but I am keeping an eye on ‘enhance’

• ivlad ivlad Member
    edited January 2023

@jar said: Do not touch cPanel. They will squeeze your balls tighter every year until they have you on welfare.

As much as this is true, getting your average client to use anything other than cPanel is challenging. It is often not what control panel you like to use but what control panel your clients can use. Remember, your clients are your business.

Thanked by 1jar
  • i only sell hosting DirectAdmin to my client, today DirectAdmin is more usefull to me, especially since cPanel remove menu add-on domain, subdomain, parked domain. really confused to me and my client.