Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

InterWorx
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

InterWorx

Have you ever used this control panel to sell web hosting?

Comments

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Hi, it's owned by LiquidWeb and you can see a demo here.
    https://www.interworx.com/

• @PacketVM said:
    Hi, it's owned by LiquidWeb and you can see a demo here.
    https://www.interworx.com/

$20 is just too much for their license...

• It is essentially dead product. Public version lacks massive amount of must-have functions (email rate limiter, PHP switch etc.). Liquid bought this panel to free them-selfs from cPanel. Their shared hosting has Interworx and it is like day and night from what they offering officially.

Go with directadmin, plesk.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:
    It is essentially dead product. Public version lacks massive amount of must-have functions (email rate limiter, PHP switch etc.). Liquid bought this panel to free them-selfs from cPanel. Their shared hosting has Interworx and it is like day and night from what they offering officially.

We use Interworx and it has all of those features you mentioned and has frequent updates.

• @PacketVM said:

@LTniger said:
    It is essentially dead product. Public version lacks massive amount of must-have functions (email rate limiter, PHP switch etc.). Liquid bought this panel to free them-selfs from cPanel. Their shared hosting has Interworx and it is like day and night from what they offering officially.

We use Interworx and it has all of those features you mentioned and has frequent updates.

Really? So the price is completely justified and they are competetive against cpanel, plesk or directadmin?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It's been a long time but I can't imagine it's changed as much as cPanel has over the years. Back when I last tried it I found it refreshingly different, but ultimately not a positive experience. Aside from just being unique in design style, I didn't find that it offered me anything worth having that I couldn't get elsewhere, in software that customers were already more likely to know how to use.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I haven’t seen many use it, currently using DirectAdmin, but tempted to go back to CPanel since Microsoft are increasing prices twice yearly now. May as well jump on the band wagon.

• I've also used InterWorx before and it didn't met my requirements, so I left it.
    DirectAdmin is also good but the demand is super low
    cPanel is the best choice for now but the license kept increasing along with the add-ons

• SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2023

@LTniger said:
    Really? So the price is completely justified and they are competetive against cpanel, plesk or directadmin?

We have a Interworx installation that's been running for about a year or so. Swapped to it from CPanel after one of their numerous price increases. We only have a few customers we do basic web hosting for, but Interworx is pretty solid.

Sure, CPanel has more customizable options, a better layout, more extensibility, and BIND instead of tinydns (which is what Interworx uses for the DNS server), but Interworx is half the cost.

An Interworx VPS license (<=4 vCores) is like $7/month, and you can have "unlimited" accounts/sites on it. CPanel "VPS" license is $15/mo, and you only get one user/account. And the Interworx baremetal/dedicated server license is $20/mo, which is far cheaper than the equivalent CPanel option. (>=$59/mo)

Also, our Interworx upgraded itself to the latest release literally yesterday, so calling it dead is pretty weird.

• @Swiftnode said:

@LTniger said:

We have a Interworx installation that's been running for about a year or so. Swapped to it from CPanel after one of their numerous price increases. We only have a few customers we do basic web hosting for, but Interworx is pretty solid.

Sure, CPanel has more customizable options, a better layout, more extensibility, and BIND instead of tinydns (which is what Interworx uses for the DNS server), but Interworx is half the cost.

An Interworx VPS license (<=4 vCores) is like $7/month, and you can have "unlimited" accounts/sites on it. CPanel "VPS" license is $15/mo, and you only get one user/account. And the Interworx baremetal/dedicated server license is $20/mo, which is far cheaper than the equivalent CPanel option. (>=$59/mo)

Also, our Interworx upgraded itself to the latest release literally yesterday, so calling it dead is pretty weird.

If you are going to sell Web Hosting, InterWorx don't have any market, it's hard to sell a Web Hosting using an unknown control panel to other people (non LET/techy)

@JamesRoi said:
    If you are going to sell Web Hosting, InterWorx don't have any market, it's hard to sell a Web Hosting using an unknown control panel to other people (non LET/techy)

I don't think there's a single end-user who cares what panel you use, as long as that panel offers the features they need, and isn't impossibly hard for them to use.

If your main selling point for web hosting is, "we have cpanel," I have a feeling you're not going to last very long to begin with.

Interworx offers all the key features 99% of end-users need. Here's what the end-user panel (Siteworx) looks like as of ~2 minutes ago.

It's virtually identical to cpanel feature wise for the end user.

Thanked by 2sebkehl iKeyZ
  • @Swiftnode said:

@JamesRoi said:

I don't think there's a single end-user who cares what panel you use, as long as that panel offers the features they need, and isn't impossibly hard for them to use.

If your main selling point for web hosting is, "we have cpanel," I have a feeling you're not going to last very long to begin with.

Interworx offers all the key features 99% of end-users need. Here's what the end-user panel (Siteworx) looks like as of ~2 minutes ago.

I've tried doing business using DirectAdmin and things didn't go well...
    But with cPanel, same price, same specs, just different panel... everything goes well but the maintenance cost is so hard to maintain if you're just a small web hosting provider

@JamesRoi said:
    But with cPanel, same price, same specs, just different panel... everything goes well but the maintenance cost is so hard to maintain if you're just a small web hosting provider

What do you mean by didn't go well? Did end-users have issues? Or did they reach out to you and say they wouldn't use your service because you didn't have CPanel?

• They kept asking for cPanel instead of DirectAdmin, live chat is flooded with "Do you guys offer cPanel?"

• @Swiftnode said:

@JamesRoi said:

What do you mean by didn't go well? Did end-users have issues? Or did they reach out to you and say they wouldn't use your service because you didn't have CPanel?

I'm offering this kind of plan:

• 20GB GEN4 NVMe SSD
    • Unmetered Bandwidth
    • 30 Email Accounts
    • 3 SQL Database
    • 3 Add-on Domain
    • 10 Sub Domain
    • CloudLinux Powered
    • DirectAdmin Control Panel
    • LiteSpeed Web Server
    • Imunify360 Security Suite
    • MailChannels Email Delivery
    • Free SSL Certificates
    • 1-Click App Installer (Softaculous)
    • Daily Backup (Stored for 31 days)
    • 99.99% Uptime Guarantee

F.Y.I this is a generous offer and only $1.99 and they just... meh because of the Control Panel

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited January 2023

@LTniger said:

@PacketVM said:

@LTniger said:

Yup, they are getting a ton of updates it seems.
    https://www.interworx.com/roadmap-feature-request-feedback-form/
    https://appendix.interworx.com/current/changelog/index.html

• So here is my problem with InterWorx. I had it running on a VM, and I was shocked. I love the look and feel of the panel, but it lacks features that they are just now getting to, which makes me nervous.

I have seen panels offer more than InterWorx at half the price. Come on, it's 2023, and they are just now releasing the "Default PHP version selector."

InterWorx is an old company and should already have these features and many more. It has to improve for me to consider them for production use.

• ralfralf Member
    edited January 2023

@JamesRoi said:

But it doesn't look like you have a Provider or a Host Rep tag. Why are you offering services for sale?

F.Y.I this is a generous offer and only $1.99 and they just... meh because of the Control Panel

Perhaps it's more your attempts to blackmail other forum members that's putting people off buying your services.

• @ralf said:

@JamesRoi said:

But it doesn't look like you have a Provider or a Host Rep tag. Why are you offering services for sale?

Perhaps it's more your attempts to blackmail other forum members that's putting people off buying your services.

Do I need Provider / Host Rep tag in LET to provided services in other forum? just asking

• XorXor Member

@ralf said:

@JamesRoi said:

It looks to me that @JamesRoi is saying he currently offers that kind of plan outside of this forum and is finding difficulty selling to people who are asking for CPanel.

I don't think his comments refer to people on here or trying to sell services to them.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ ralf
  • @Xor said:

@ralf said:

@JamesRoi said:

It looks to me that @JamesRoi is saying he currently offers that kind of plan outside of this forum and is finding difficulty selling to people who are asking for CPanel.

I don't think his comments refer to people on here or trying to sell services to them.

Agree with this^ there are other places to sell on the internet other than LET.

Thanked by 1Xor
  • ralfralf Member
    edited January 2023

Yeah, sorry my bad. It just looked a bit too much like an offer, giving specs and price, but I guess in context after reading again it was more of a comment that people didn't find it attractive.

EDIT: also, I was coming from his other thread, so I wasn't giving him the benefit of the doubt.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Swiftnode said:

@JamesRoi said:

Of all the things they copy from cpanel, they copy Jupiter.

Francisco