Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is better: Liteserver, Netcup, Hertzer ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which is better: Liteserver, Netcup, Hertzer ?

They are companies that sell VPS with good hardware for small amounts, but I still haven't had the opportunity to test them all. What would you advise?

Location is not important. Performance and support, yes.

Comments

• LiteServers support is super fast without even being a customer.

Thanked by 3LiteServer Ympker TODO
  • Hetz, lite and anything else after.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

LiteServer <3

• Which is better: Liteserver, Netcup, Hertzer ?

I've heard that Hertzer is much better than Hetzner

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Liteserver for sure.

Thanked by 2LiteServer miu
  • In my opinion, Netcup is better than other two. Especially their root server, better hardware with unlimited bandwidth at 2.5G port.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Clearly Liteserver

Thanked by 2LiteServer miu
  • Vote for liteserver!

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

In terms of hardware to price ratio, Netcup can't easily be beat. Never had to use support though.

• Netcup is way better at price/performance than Hetzner Cloud, but support nowadays is very slow at netcup. I waited couple of days to get reply.

Hetzner dedicated line offer unbeatable price/performance and quite fast support so thats my current way to go fot production - currently have 4 of them.

No opinion about Liteserver as I never used them.

Thanked by 1harrison
  • HertZer is not bad. Lightserver has not tried. NetCup was not able to try as they probably don't want to have customers at all (the verification system is just stupid) probably they will soon ask to send them a stool analysis)

Thanked by 1kait
  • Netcup is the best solution for their prices. I've got an RS since easter offer and I very satisfied with them. I use it in production (websites, vo-ip server) and jump host to my other services because their peering is avesome and 2,5 Gbps network unbeatable.

I can confirm that their support is slow and hard. I've got a network problem that caused 5--15 Mbps speeds, they understand it after two weeks and fixed it in a week. However that is the only negative experience with them, the average quality is still very good. So I suggest it. Check the special offers at the last Tuesdays of the months, they usualy give extra resources with a longer (12 mo) contract time.

I bought a Hetzner auction dedi to try it, the network better than OVH but netcup's still unbeatable so in shared resources I can't suggest better than netcup.

• hetzner is best but they dotn accept cc or crypto which makes them worst seller

• At Hetzner you can rent VPS by the hour, which is cool for development/learning, but in terms of monthly value/performance and support Liteserver is the way to go 👍

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • +1 for Liteserver

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2023

@Proxecure said:
    hetzner is best but they dotn accept cc or crypto which makes them worst seller

Can't you pay with cc via PayPal payments? As for crypto..in a country where the internet is still "Neuland", that's a nightmare for bookkeeping in Germany. Can't blame them.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Proxecure said: hetzner is best but they dotn accept cc

They do accept CC payments.

• @miu please share your bench LiteServer B)

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited January 2023

Don't have all of them so i can't tell

Right now me myself rather satisfied for hosthatch (for the price) & george datacenter (for performance & support)

• @Arkas said:

@Proxecure said: hetzner is best but they dotn accept cc

They do accept CC payments.

My bad, netcup doesn't accept cc nor crypto

• OVH

end of discussion

• Obviously Liteserver, fuck hetz and other "corpo" hosts as they don't care about you.

• Netcup Root Server RS8000
    uptime
    14:49:10 up 446 days, 17:10, 1 user, load average: 1.19, 0.83, 0.85

It is a production ready server with one minute monitoring. So far so good :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • netcup root-server is incomparable。Use my coupon code for three months, cheaper. 100% German area.

Thanked by 1kait
  • @Arkas said:
    Liteserver for sure.

...just need a few more potent ryzen on offer

• I prefer NetCup. I think they provide the best price to performance ratio out of the 3 you mentioned. Plus, they're colocated in Hetzner's German datacenter but have their own network. I have an ancient offer I'm very happy with.

• miumiu Member

Hard decision. All 3 imo real highly skilled professionals, stable, RELIABLE and usable w/o problems for production use. But when i look on it from following angles of view, then my decent personal opinion and winners are:

1) when i consider all aspects incl. best human and friendly approach (and VPS is enough what i need), then Lite win (they have the most of my sympathy), also they are imo best rate price/perf if u catch something in their special sales (BF, Easter etc)

2) when i consider most complete options - Hetz win (bcs also very good offers for dedicated with large scale of servers and configs, fail over IPs, CEPH, colocations etc..)

Still if netcup come with something very tempting (special offer/better price or adjusted resource) probably i will lose control and buy (without thinking what i will do with it in advance)

Thanked by 2hyperblast nick_
  • miumiu Member

@Ganonk said:
    @miu please share your bench LiteServer B)

Quite a bunch VPSes by them in my garage. Which exactly do u have in the mind mate?

BTW: i am with them many years but i really do not remember any outage, technical problems or headache, working like charm. So when someone ask me what i recommend as best (usual) VPS solution in Europe with strong accent on stability and reliability nad w good friendly human support, my answer will be just LiteServer

Thanked by 1nick_
  • miumiu Member

@ZweiTiger said:
    Netcup Root Server RS8000
    uptime
    14:49:10 up 446 days, 17:10, 1 user, load average: 1.19, 0.83, 0.85

It is a production ready server with one minute monitoring. So far so good :)

This is also not problem for Lite VPSes: I had VPSes running without restart 3+ years (then i restarted bcs updated Kernel on newer version)

Thanked by 1nick_
  • miumiu Member
    edited January 2023

@Thrash4875 said:
    Location is not important. Performance and support, yes.

BTW: Fourth killer/rider with OWN HW what u should imo also consider is Naranja.tech ( @naranjatech ): Modern & fast AMD-only HW, and till now awesome uptime too, support also good and responsive, these guys too care and are nice (Francisco is too awesome if 1core & Ryzen "only" is enough for you, Inception (powered by Clouvider) nowadays also awesome) No worries with all these mentioned king responsible vps-providers